Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad wouldn't be holding back structures or whatever else.... We had a plan, it worked, they countered, we managed to find a way around that counter. The game dictates the strategy changes, not the team next week.

We were beaten in the 2nd and 3rd, and thats not because brad had some magic 'structure' he can just turn on.

Richmond is 4 pts, just like carlton.
If he does have a magic button he can push I would've liked him to go a little earlier with it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I always thought Carltank fans weren't too bad on Bigfooty (compared to Braves and Bitchmond). I go over to their board and the s**t that comes out. I suppose it must suck to be so full of wealth and riches only to be s**t year after year with terrible governance.

Most insular board on BigFooty.

Loving my neutral mates ripping me saying that the umps gave north the game today. WTF.. are they kidding? Besides the first quarter where we got some 50/50s some of the non-decisions against us were just ridiculous

I thought the umpiring matched the game... We had the best run early but it changed in the middle when Carlton were doing well. North definitely had the benefit right at the end. Not sure if the umps were influencing the game, influencing it or if that's just how it goes sometimes.

Genuine question to those suggesting we drop Goldy.

Practically, can we drop him AND use him in a trade later this year perhaps for Kelly?

Or do we have to keep playing him so that we're trading an 'All Australian first ruck'?
We wouldn't 'drop' him - he would be 'managed' out - that will give us a chance to see what Preuss or a combined Preuss/Daw combination can bring to the table - it has to be more that what Goldie is serving up - we just have to get more physical pressure and marking capability into the team.

As for trading Goldie his value is dropping quickly but there will always be a club willing to part with a high pick for a ruck - history is filled with these examples.

If Goldie can't get his spot back in the side then the media pressure will build that he is on the outer and seeking a trade.

SEN:
Luke MCDONALD – 8
May have played his best game for the club. Had it 28 times, laid seven tackles and was penetrating by foot. Massive goal late.

--------------------------------------
I dont agree with them or you. He was ok. Decent game but the ADE was his best. Few were bad today but Luke wasnt one of them.
It's a good sign when Luke is putting up those numbers and we are debating the value of his game.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We wouldn't 'drop' him - he would be 'managed' out - that will give us a chance to see what Preuss or a combined Preuss/Daw combination can bring to the table - it has to be more that what Goldie is serving up - we just have to get more physical pressure and marking capability into the team.

As for trading Goldie his value is dropping quickly but there will always be a club willing to part with a high pick for a ruck - history is filled with these examples.

If Goldie can't get his spot back in the side then the media pressure will build that he is on the outer and seeking a trade.

I get the feeling the main issue is they don't think Preuss has the tank to run out a whole game as a number 1 ruck with minimal chop out from browny. This leaves us with a problem because Brad has already said they can't play 2 rucks due to the way the game is currently played (we can't sacrifice a running player for a second ruck) The other way to get him in is to get "creative" as brad said in his presser. This can only mean either we play Preuss with much more ruck time played by browny (not sure thus would give us a net gain overall) or we drop goldy and another forward and bring Preuss and Maj in to share the ruck/ forward duties. Then it becomes a question of which forward. All the mids, smalls are playing well and I'm not sure we'd want to go back to the 3 talls structure. Also our winning record is very poor with waite or brown out. You can see why they are finding it tough to get him in. If waites form stays down for another 2 weeks and preuss and daw are tearing up the 2's maybe only then we'll see a change

- North Melbourne midfielder Trent Dumont was left a little dazed in the final quarter after colliding with Carlton midfielder David Cuningham in a tackle. "He was fine to come back on so … he's no worries," Kangaroos coach Brad Scott said post-match.

- North Melbourne defender Aaron Mullett needed medical attention midway through the second quarter after picking up an accidental knee to his right cheek from Carlton captain Marc Murphy. Mullett returned and finished the game.

- North Melbourne midfielder Trent Dumont was left a little dazed in the final quarter after colliding with Carlton midfielder David Cuningham in a tackle. "He was fine to come back on so … he's no worries," Kangaroos coach Brad Scott said post-match.

- North Melbourne defender Aaron Mullett needed medical attention midway through the second quarter after picking up an accidental knee to his right cheek from Carlton captain Marc Murphy. Mullett returned and finished the game.
An adverse medical report turned this into 4 weeks:

*e 'em.

I enjoyed most of the first quarter and a bit, then looked like that Sydney guy from last week for a while, then walked around behind our cheer squad and didn't see much for the whole second half but at least could walk and drink off my nerves.

Watched the replay when I got home and - nerves removed once the result was known, and with the camera's closer view - the not so good bits didn't look as bad as they had first time round. I skipped some of the comeback - I'm not a masochist - but I'll choose to be excited by the start and relieved and encouraged by the recovery. Carlton mightn't be much chop but they are well coached, have plenty of high draft talent, and have and will trouble plenty of teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez,we're in fouler mood than usual here... and we won. What a miserable bunch we tend to be. Rollercoaster game. Character shown. Win a game we would have lost in the past. Cue outrage. You'd think we were flag favourites or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's with Waites sudden drop of form?

If he isn't bringing that pressure he is elite at, he is not helping our forward line function
Routinely takes 2 weeks to find form after any sort of break. I expect him to have a blinder next week.

Most insular board on BigFooty.

Sydney say hi as well.

OM-rRaQKOMMXKZIdKE_kdbbWl5dzZthpHIS3QJme8-e9HiHoFUmXJ0i9j6rpke33UbqgPr2-KnHMrlaV-DI5joGBJ0ihfhZ1Cr3fWg=w500-h213-nc

1. Exciting: We won! Seeing our players run in a pack rapidly handballing up the length of the field for a goal is amazing. I absolutely love watching it and want more!!
  2. Please Explain: I don't understand how Carlton who had extra men out back, and only two up forward most of the game was able to score 96 against us? That's their second highest score this year (97 against Syd early was highest)
  3. Poop: Carlton clearing the ball after a centre bounce was like taking candy from a baby. Reminiscent of the Sydney game
  4. J Kelly: We again had zero players in the 30+ disposal category. We have only achieved this seemingly unattainable milstone twice this entire year
  5. Don't Forget: Aside from the obvious good players, I think Garner's super mark inside a Carlton pack and Hansen up forward was fantastic

Does anyone know what happened in the second and third quarters? Weird

Our intensity dropped off a tad as we wallowed in our own self satisfaction, and we couldn't adequately counter Carlton loading their backline with runners.

Nek minnet - Carlton have a run-on which, as this season has proven, is difficult to arrest at the best of times.

-

At the time I thought that was very similar to Cunnington's suspension. Have you got footage?

After watching the replay, i lost count of the amount of perfect tackles that were laid, and almost all of them judged play on/ball up.
Htb interpretations changed between quarters, that Gibson one before half time was bewildering, no opportunity at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back