Autopsy Autopsy vs Crows - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

When Larkey becomes more stronger, the midfield become more fitter and can work together better to have better opportunities to deliver the ball properly to him is when he will flourish. I have no issues with Larkey at all. This guy will be a gun FF. So far he has mostly been an opportunist due to those factors but that will change in a couple of years.

Tom Powell is an extremely smart footballer, clean and makes great decisions and makes some of the senior players look second rate already. When he gets into puberty I will excited. Jokes aside, when he gets more a body on him and more fitness this guy will be insanely good. Great selection in the draft..

Amazing performance, boys did well to keep up with Wooden Spooner's from last year.
I'm positive we will smash the Hand baggers at the Bowling Alley.

Is this good enough?

*en turn it up.

We have half a list, injuries early, and were right with a team that had already won 2 games.

The performance effort wise was excellent.

I don’t see it. I can see the great footwork which he does a couple of times a game but he looks way off being a grade A footballer at this stage. Has time on his side but is t really showing the desire to be top grade right now. What makes you think he will be a great player?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

UDL certainly showed some good signs (THAT mark and goal) but two things pissed me off, 1: lining up to kick for goal with a shoelace undone was stuff of Under 10s, 2. bouncing the ball when he was tacked in the last when he should have kicked was interesting decision - maybe he was buggered?

Positives:
Big Ben - stirling effort with no other tall defenders to support
Bonar - i like this lad
Hall - good ball use
Phillips - that goal!
Turner - his only role now might be a defensive midfielder
Mahoney - quiet in the last but shows some ability and footy nous
Goldy - worked hard and kicked a nice goal
Lazzaro and Powell - some real flashes of brilliance
Jaiden - worked hard but a little defensive pressure would be helpful
Scott - as above
Larkey - needs support but good to see him kick a few

Negatives:
Campbell - please never ever play him again
Jack - times up mate - his kicking and defensive work cost us goals today
Cunners - some really undisciplined frees against from an experienced player
Tarryn - Needs to work harder - has some tools though but needs a rocket
LMac - please don't let this be a long term injury
Cam Z - was terrible before concussed
Kyron - ball use mate!

When Larkey becomes more stronger, the midfield become more fitter and can work together better to have better opportunities to deliver the ball properly to him is when he will flourish. I have no issues with Larkey at all. This guy will be a gun FF. So far he has mostly been an opportunist.

Tom Powell is an extremely smart footballer, clean and makes great decisions and makes some of the senior players look second rate already. When he gets into puberty I will excited. Jokes aside, when he gets more a body on him and more fitness this guy will be insanely good. Great selection in the draft..

Powell is our best midfield prospect based off what we have seen this year. He doesn’t rely on tricks but just exceptionally good football nous

More positives than negatives this week despite the final margin.

Our effort for the first three quarters was excellent, and some of the play, especially in the third was very exciting. If that is what we are going to see in the coming years, then we have a lot of good times to look forward too.

The fact that we were outscored 8 goals to 1 in the final quarter, and 5-0 in the final 15 minutes was disappointing, but perhaps we can give them a bit of an out with early injuries meaning we were down a rotation.

Ben McKay was excellent on Walker after he was gifted two goals in the first 90 seconds. He is strong overhead, is quicker than I thought over 15-20 metres and is starting to show some attacking inclinations which can only be a positive for the future.

Our three draftees from last year all looked great at various stages during the game and will continue to show improvement over the course of the season. Phillips goal was a highlight, to collect the ball in traffic and calmly make space and slot the goal was glorious.

Aaron Hall may still have something to offer, he was very good today, still made a few mistakes, but they were when taking on the game and trying to create option up field.

LDU, Thomas, Scott and Larkey have now spent a few seasons in the system, it is now time for them to take the next step, and they have at various stages, but need to do it with more consistency, at the moment they are fading in and out of the game.

The inclusion of Campbell was a positive, our forward structure looked more solid with two tall targets, but surely Xerri is a better option.

Ben McKay ... me likey.

Good to see Cunnington back.
Goldy was great.
Bonar also good.
Lachie Young bounced back from last week’s game.
Stephenson was influential and should be used more when coming out of defence.
Tom Powell 👍👍
Jy was good.

At least there was 3 quarter effort.

Once again though, as soon as the opposition gets on top, we crumble immediately. We lose all confidence and put the cue in the rack.

Crows kicked like 8-9 goals in that last quarter. Tackle count went up and everyone shifted into another gear at the crows. It’s poor mentality

We won’t win a game this year.

Oh and our injuries can get f’ed. Every year, the same thing.

7.9-51 to 24.20-164

That's our last quarters this year. It's not just fitness. It didn't look like we were slowing at the end of the third did it? We were all over them and if not for our dysfunctional forward set-up we probably would have had the game.

Losing 2 players early in the game didn't help, but this team has no belief in themselves (some justifiably) or as a group. The moment a game looks lost, they become losers. They allowed a fairly ordinary opponent to touch them up by 40 because it was too hard to scrap out a game.

A much better performance over all, offering some long term hope. But for now, we aren't getting within a bull's roar of a win any time soon.

Do you think we have a chance of getting ti kets? im a geelong based north supporter. there's isn't a window on ticketmaster for North fans for that game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell wasn’t great but by playing him, Goldie went forward and kicked two goals. I think he could be important structurally. Gee that was a nice three quarters to witness.

That was why he played and why he should have played. But once Xerri is right it is an easy swap

Managed to stay in the game for 3 quarters at least, footy's a lot more fun when you have a chance.
But ran out of gas badly in the last and collected more injuries again. Strength and conditioning department needs a serious clean out. Darren Burgess has proven himself a bit of a mercenary and always seems to improve the fitness levels of every club he's been at. Wouldn't mind getting our hands on him.

Positives:

Aaron Hall BOG for us.
Ben McKay streaming out of the backline.
Tom Powell has lightning hands.
Larkey cracking in.
Will Phillips first goal.
Aiden Bonar playing very well, and was undersized too.
Goldy was immense.

Negatives:
Work rate at the end.
Some piss poor efforts from our younger blokes usually known for their application and diligence.
We couldn't win a clearance against a second string crows midfield with Simpkin, Cunnington and LDU in the middle.

At the risk of being another hater;

I don't think it's a coincidence that Walker was out and our defense looked the best it has all year.

Completely ran out of legs.

Couple of LDU efforts in the last just summed it up, he was too tired to tie his lace before a set shot, then a complete brain fade to bounce the ball while being tackled.

1 (2) down early, it’s understandable but we are noticeably less fit than seemingly everyone in the competition.

I did like today that there was some passion, on the field and in the stands. They showed us they weren’t happy with last week so I was glad I went along, bit of noise in Q3 was good to hear again.

Hayden’s costly early errors and not taking advantage when we had the run of the game is frustrating but they’d have run all over us anyway. Zurhaar going off improved us, might be a bit of reality about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back