Hawthorn
Racism
Harry McKay
News relating to any of the above

What you may not do in this thread:

Troll
Abuse other posters
Anything else that breaks the following set(s) of rules:

We're entering a very busy period on this board with the draft and player movement periods fast approaching.

Us board mods have a lot on our plates and whilst we do not want to, we are not going to hesitate to infract or hand out board bans for repeat offenders. Please do not force our hands here.

Thank you.

once we trade, the notion of a top pick is gone.
it's really only in play through an alignment of his FA status, north's ladder position and the FA system.

open market, would think a 2nd rd pick is right. at which point, band 2 is better.
so would they match.

If they match and force a trade for a 2nd round pick they get EFC's 2nd which is ~ 28.

Band 2 is ~ 19

Band 1 is ~ 3

Either way there's little point in matching.

If it's not pick 3, Adrian will have to trade, which I can't believe bombers would actually want to do, especially with hawthorn before Essendon in the PSD
naa, we will be happy to pass over McKay's inflated contract after having a nice chat with Dodo on some sidedeals. If this ensures we have pick 3 instead of 4, I am with the Bombers.

If North want us to play ball, then lets have a chat on couple of your teens pick.

Last edited:
If they match and force a trade for a 2nd round pick they get EFC's 2nd which is ~ 28.

Band 2 is ~ 19

Band 1 is ~ 3

Either way there's little point in matching.
I think the expectation from North fans is that they will demand pick 8 in a trade

I dont think Essendon will give that, but that will be the opening gambit from North.

On an open trade market he is probably 16-25 ish based on the inflation that seems to come with a dearth of genuine KPD players.

I think the expectation from North fans is that they will demand pick 8 in a trade

I dont think Essendon will give that, but that will be the opening gambit from North.

On an open trade market he is probably 16-25 ish based on the inflation that seems to come with a dearth of genuine KPD players.

So what I'm hearing is;

EFC offer Band 2 compo for Gresham (Pick 19)
EFC trade Shiel to STK (salary paid) for Pick 19.
EFC trade Pick 19 for North for McKay, paying him Band 2 Compo.

North end up with the same pick they'd have got by not matching.

4D chess.

once we trade, the notion of a top pick is gone.
it's really only in play through an alignment of his FA status, north's ladder position and the FA system.

open market, would think a 2nd rd pick is right. at which point, band 2 is better.
so would they match.
I'd argue that the competition for his signature suggests he is worth a first rounder, probably a pick in the mid-late teens. But I doubt we would bother matching in order to spend trade period haggling over the difference. But it would be good theatre and Dodoro's coup de grace.

I'd argue that the competition for his signature suggests he is worth a first rounder, probably a pick in the mid-late teens. But I doubt we would bother matching in order to spend trade period haggling over the difference. But it would be good theatre and Dodoro's coup de grace.
I think he's gone with this gresham hatchet job for his finale.

Or perhaps there is a surprise waiting for us all yet to be revealed

naa, we will be happy to pass over McKay's inflated contract after having a nice chat with Dodo on some sidedeals. If this ensures we have pick 3 instead of 4, I am with the Bombers.

If North want us to play ball, then lets have a chat on couple of your teens pick.

Do you speak on behalf of hawthorn?

If so, stunning turn around to see a club desperately up their offer 3 times, add an extra year, and then pass on the player they want in the draft for a lower contract than what you offered.

Do you speak on behalf of hawthorn?

If so, stunning turn around to see a club desperately up their offer 3 times, add an extra year, and then pass on the player they want in the draft for a lower contract than what you offered.
We will pick McKay in PSD if Dodo keeps his distance. If he approach's with interesting hacks we will consider F2 or pick 28
or North can offer their pick 20 from 2024 & we will call Dodo's bluff.

I am more keen to call Dodo's bluff given our history & reasonable history with Norf. But all that is after end of FA period.

We will pick McKay in PSD if Dodo keeps his distance. If he approach's with interesting hacks we will consider F2 or pick 28
or North can offer their pick 20 from 2024 & we will call Dodo's bluff.

I am more keen to call Dodo's bluff given our history & reasonable history with Norf. But all that is after end of FA period.

Mate the hawks are gagging for McKay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks fans seem desperate too. More hawks fans than bomber fans in here.

Maybe it’s because he rejected you.

Treat em mean, keep ‘em keen
Most hawks supporters seem to have had the same view from the beginning. He is an average KPD and we are willing to pay an average wage. Getting him without paying in draft picks would mean it would make sense to pay a little more. But the sorts of numbers being quoted are completely insane and we desperately want to him to end up somewhere else.

There is value to be had, but not at the quoted figures. Poor Essendon. They may well be Dodoed again.

Ralphy’s article today is perfectly timed.

Preparing the masses for the news that $790k might not trigger band 1.

The rollercoaster of emotions from North fans unhappy with compo, then thrilled at compo reaction from opposition fans, to seemingly furious again at the prospect of receiving pick 20 for McKay is going to be truly breathtaking to witness.
Ralphy's article was comparing McKay to Crouch, who was 2 years older.

McKay's band 1 number is under $750k.

Most hawks supporters seem to have had the same view from the beginning. He is an average KPD and we are willing to pay an average wage. Getting him without paying in draft picks would mean it would make sense to pay a little more. But the sorts of numbers being quoted are completely insane and we desperately want to him to end up somewhere else.

There is value to be had, but not at the quoted figures. Poor Essendon. They may well be Dodoed again.

Hawks were offering a bigger contract than Essendon, what does that make their recruiting team..?

It would seem that Ben's first preference is to stay at North. However North aren't offering crazy money and are happy to let him go for Band 1 comp.
His second preference is Essendon, where he has mates, it's also closer to home and has a coach he can discuss property investments with.
His third preference is Hawthorn, who have a 'secret weapon', so need to make a massive offer to get his signature.
He has told Sydney no, as he doesn't want to move.
If he really wanted to stay at North, he wouldn't be shopping himself around. His mind has left. It's just waiting for his body to follow.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back