Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely now we cough up at least 18 + our 2020 first rounder for Hill. With Ben off the table I don't see why we wouldn't just land Brad.
I think if you don't then it just becomes another failed attempt to land an A grader for you. The Fremantle stance on the trade has been clear and consistent from the start, and for the Saints one of the complications just went away.

We owe the Suns a favour for this, they could have easily had Ben agree in to re-sign in principle but delay the announcement until Thursday. That would have really messed us around.
Until the saints get the deals done at the moment it's all talk and not a lot of action

Surely now we cough up at least 18 + our 2020 first rounder for Hill. With Ben off the table I don't see why we wouldn't just land Brad.

I think Henry will go before 18.

What about 14 & 24 & Narkle??

Id like to keep Narkle in the sense that he could be anything..lazy but super talented..isnt much now but could be A grade in the right environment. Whereas Menegola is hardworking and will get the best out of himself but probably never rises above B grade. But if you could convince Hill to come to Geelong i'd consider doing that deal.

Max is playing at the club he supported as a kid, wearing his hero's number and he has his whole family down here right next door to the club.

I've seen stranger things yes, but odds are he stays and if anyone moves its Ben.

Good chance they both play long term at the clubs that drafted them
Who was his hero?

Id like to keep Narkle in the sense that he could be anything..lazy but super talented..isnt much now but could be A grade in the right environment. Whereas Menegola is hardworking and will get the best out of himself but probably never rises above B grade. But if you could convince Hill to come to Geelong i'd consider doing that deal.
I agree with Narkle. Can be lazy but like his upside. At least with Menegola yoiu do know what you are going to get. I am thinking you guy's may want to package up some picks though and move up the order? Would love to get this deal done.

I agree with Narkle. Can be lazy but like his upside. At least with Menegola yoiu do know what you are going to get. I am thinking you guy's may want to package up some picks though and move up the order? Would love to get this deal done.

Because we have limited list spots (even if Menegola goes) i think we will try and trade up the order but we might wait until draft night to do it. Honestly if Narkle improves his workrate and tank he could be anything or he could be delisted in 2 years. Menegola has a much lower ceiling but is consistent and works his backside off-for comparison think a slightly better version of Conca.

Because we have limited list spots (even if Menegola goes) i think we will try and trade up the order but we might wait until draft night to do it. Honestly if Narkle improves his workrate and tank he could be anything or he could be delisted in 2 years. Menegola has a much lower ceiling but is consistent and works his backside off-for comparison think a slightly better version of Conca.
He seems pretty even with his performance Menegola and kicks goals. I think Narkle better fits our age profile. With Ablett likley to fall out after next season and Selwood somewhat slowing is Narkle the sort of guy you are hoping can fill a void?

He seems pretty even with his performance Menegola and kicks goals. I think Narkle better fits our age profile. With Ablett likley to fall out after next season and Selwood somewhat slowing is Narkle the sort of guy you are hoping can fill a void?

Ideally we would like to turn Narkle into a mid with a burst of speed (which we need) if he ups his workrate. Menegola plays out of position a lot so we can use his defensive running to cover others, in the right side he wins midfield ball well is a good overhead mark and a goalkicker.

I don't like that trade at all, unless Fremantle were confident Saints are finishing @rse end of the ladder.

That is a very good bet.
All indications are the club have conceded finals aren't the goal next year- it's all about being ready to go full ratten style (whatever that is) rnd 1 2021.
Ratts appears to have been given a year to try some things- I'd be shocked if our 2020 first is outside the top 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over to you St Kilda. Surely now it's pick 12 and next year's 1st rounder. You have a genuine A Grader who wants to come to your club stop screwing around amd get it done! Otherwise you'll screw up like WC did with Kelly last year.
To be honest if I was Freo I'd be pushing to deal with Geelong and get there pick 17 & Menagola for Hill & future 3rd rounder = win/win.

Pick 12 AND a likely top 5 pick for hill would utterly bonkers.

Is he bringing fyfe with him is he?

Well St Kilda are gonna have to pay big time if they want Brad Hill now. They stuffed around and they're gonna need to pay big overs. Pick 12 and a future first round pick would be ideal and maybe Acres. I don't see us letting Brad go now. St Kilda have not only stuffed up their chances at Brad Hill but they just lost a chance at Ben King. Utter shambles over in Moorabbin right now.

We owe the Suns a favour for this, they could have easily had Ben agree in to re-sign in principle but delay the announcement until Thursday. That would have really messed us around.
Maybe. I don't think Freo would of let Hill go unless a future first was thrown in or a top 10 pick. They really wanted as many of the young WA guys from the state team in Henry/Johnson and losing the chance to snap pick 6 destroyed that idea.

Can we just tell St Kilda to get stuffed and go trade with Geelong instead. I'd much rather picks 14 & 24 with Menegola over 12 and next year's first.
Really?

14, 24 and an average player over 2 top 12 picks (fair chance one would he top 8).

I wouldn't mind to be honest as I think that's well overs. I'd be expecting a 2nd back.

So basically giving up let's say pick 6 for 24 and Menegola

Well St Kilda are gonna have to pay big time if they want Brad Hill now. They stuffed around and they're gonna need to pay big overs. Pick 12 and a future first round pick would be ideal and maybe Acres. I don't see us letting Brad go now. St Kilda have not only stuffed up their chances at Brad Hill but they just lost a chance at Ben King. Utter shambles over in Moorabbin right now.

How long did it take for you to transcribe that from crayon?

Really?

14, 24 and an average player over 2 top 12 picks (fair chance one would he top 8).

I wouldn't mind to be honest as I think that's well overs. I'd be expecting a 2nd back.

So basically giving up let's say pick 6 for 24 and Menegola

Will you trade 12 and a future 1st though?

How long did it take for you to transcribe that from crayon?
Yeh its weird that all of a sudden we are gonna 'Lose' this trade and have to trade way over the top to get him. At the end of the day instead of pick 6 and next years first getting us Hill (because Bell wasn't going to accept less), it now looks like it'll get us Hill, Howard, Ryder and potentially Jones. Add those guys and our side looks a whole lot better.

Back