Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Max is playing at the club he supported as a kid, wearing his hero's number and he has his whole family down here right next door to the club.

I've seen stranger things yes, but odds are he stays and if anyone moves its Ben.

Good chance they both play long term at the clubs that drafted them
What amazes me is that your club seems to have totally misread the situation.

That’s enough bringing up Ben King, he has his own thread, and that’s enough potshots at St Kilda as well

Boo if we can't laugh at the saints misfortune who can we laugh at. kidding...kidding. both sides are responsible for letting the rivalry reach ridiculous levels. stupid thing is we're only giving seagulls from oppo clubs extra ammo to laugh at us.

feel likes the trade could look like 18 + future 1st. saints then uses 12 to get Howard and Ryder with 27 going back.

What about something like:

Carlton:
Out: Picks 9 (1,469 points)
In: Picks 17 + 26 (1,754 points)

Carlton gets picks they can use to get Martin & Papley with a decent points premium of 285 points.

How about we trade you 42,48,76,85,98,116,future 3rd and future 4th for 14?

Will give you a points premium of around 200 to get other deals done.

The points system makes trading so simple. How did we ever go without it.

I don't think so, the most we have ever said is it would be nice if we had Ben King nothing more.

The rest is just media noise mate
We've heard all week that 2020 1st will be off the cards tho. Interested to hear what you would be happy to offer now involving your future 1st? 12 and future 1st? 18 and future 1st? Something going back your way?

reverse the question.

What would Geelong fans be reasonably willing to give up knowing roughly what Freo wants?

Id probably rate Hill at an early-mid first + an early 2nd + a decent (not A grade) player. Or two firsts with a second going back. But if i was Freo id just keep Hill.

Geelong trade a player and a pick to Freo for Hill, St Kilda trade pick 12, future second rounder & Steven to Geelong who ontrade Hill.

Is there anyrule that prevents Geelong ontradeing a player gained in a trade?

You can do a 3 way trade but you can only ontrade the picks not players.

How about we trade you 42,48,76,85,98,116,future 3rd and future 4th for 14?

Will give you a points premium of around 200 to get other deals done.

The points system makes trading so simple. How did we ever go without it.

Thats silly because no one suggested it. Splitting 9 might help you get Papley and Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over to you St Kilda. Surely now it's pick 12 and next year's 1st rounder. You have a genuine A Grader who wants to come to your club stop screwing around amd get it done! Otherwise you'll screw up like WC did with Kelly last year.
To be honest if I was Freo I'd be pushing to deal with Geelong and get there pick 17 & Menagola for Hill & future 3rd rounder = win/win.

Thats silly because no one suggested it. Splitting 9 might help you get Papley and Martin.

Splitting 9 for 17+26 would do the opposite.

Sydney won’t accept 17. GC want a first for Martin. 17 is too much (IMO) for Martin but it would completely knock out Papley if we did.

That’s without mentioning how much that deal is in favour of the cats. We don’t care about points, and you can’t just combine average picks to make better ones. That was the point I was making.

Sydney won’t accept 17. GC want a first for Martin. 17 is too much (IMO) for Martin but it would completely knock out Papley if we did.

That’s without mentioning how much that deal is in favour of the cats. We don’t care about points, and you can’t just combine average picks to make better ones. That was the point I was making.

Fair...you just picked a rather extreme way to make the point.

Over to you St Kilda. Surely now it's pick 12 and next year's 1st rounder. You have a genuine A Grader who wants to come to your club stop screwing around amd get it done! Otherwise you'll screw up like WC did with Kelly last year.
To be honest if I was Freo I'd be pushing to deal with Geelong and get there pick 17 & Menagola for Hill & future 3rd rounder = win/win.
Your proposal with Saints is infinitely better

You literally can combine picks to get a better one. St Kilda just traded 6 for 12 + 18. You can haggle about the price but you can’t dismiss the basic premise of trading two picks to get a better one. It happens rather frequently.

You literally can combine picks to get a better one. St Kilda just traded 6 for 12 + 18. You can haggle about the price but you can’t dismiss the basic premise of trading two picks to get a better one. It happens rather frequently.

6 for 12+18 vs 9 for 17+26.
Huge difference.

The points system is massively flawed, the Blues have no need for it this season, and our main target is ballpark pick 9. Zero sense to do that deal.

Yeah fair enough.

As much as people have been giving Bell a hard time if he really does want to keep Hill then fair play.

From our side as well, I think if we give up too much it's going to hurt us long term.
Are actual humans giving Bell a hard time or just schmos like Barrett and Colin Young's trained monkey, Tom Morris?

Bell was and is just doing what anyone would do in the circumstances - demanding overs for a required and contracted player.

The whole narrative that Fremantle were somehow obliged to roll over here can GAGF.

Back