Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a crap deal, it'll land us a very solid young prospect- hopefully before Henry bid, we've got points galore for our NGA's next year and a guy capable of pushing for best 22.

It's not a smashing, seems like a solid price.

So it looks like 10, Future 2nd, 58 & Acres
for;
Hill and Future 3rd.

Very happy if thats the case.

Any scenario where you keep your 2020 first and land your fish - is a good trade.

Acres after a scare like this, may well just wake up .....he wants to be a wingman - here's his chance.

It's not a crap deal, it'll land us a very solid young prospect- hopefully before Henry bid, we've got points galore for our NGA's next year and a guy capable of pushing for best 22.

It's not a smashing, seems like a solid price.

Would rather B.Hill. Pick 10 could be the next Dangerfield / Fyfe, sure. But chances are they will end up as the next Blake Acres or heaven forbid the next Morabito.

B.hill is a rolled gold winger who will make Freo significantly worse off and St Kilda significantly better.

Should have held him for 12 months.

I haven't followed Saints much but Acres didn't finish top 10 in the club's B&F in the last 3 years.

No idea why Bell & co think this potential deal is acceptable

Actually don't mind Acres and maybe a second chance might help him as oppose to a speculative pick?

What picks will saints have this year if the hill trade goes down as expected? Also assuming the Bruce pick will go to Sydney for Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo pick up Robertson with that pick, meaning they can go after an Ash or Stephens with their earlier pick, they are probably ahead already.

Would rather B.Hill. Pick 10 could be the next Dangerfield / Fyfe, sure. But chances are they will end up as the next Blake Acres or heaven forbid the next Morabito.

B.hill is a rolled gold winger who will make Freo significantly worse off and St Kilda significantly better.

I was fine holding Hill if the offer was crap.

10, 58, FSR & Acres ...is enough to move him on.

It sets Hill up financially and we'd do this dance again next year.

Get in Luke Jackson, maybe improve our draft position with these future 2nd rounders and let's see what Acres can do with a fresh start.

It's a pretty fair deal, Hill is an excellent player but if we want a flag tilt in 3 years time- this deal is better for us.

Saints are paying basically their first three mid range picks in a draft plus Steak knives. That is a fair price and a big price. Acres gives us a mature player with potential that we can use to replace Hill, although via a different position.

It’s hard to hold someone to stay if the purchasing team pays. Players are people and you need to try and accomodate them otherwise it could backfire. McCarthy situation could happen again, we offered 2 firsts (one ended up being pick 3).

Essendon will fold if it becomes pick 5 & 9 for JD for the same reason.

Saints are paying basically their first three mid range picks in a draft plus Steak knives. That is a fair price and a big price. Acres gives us a mature player with potential that we can use to replace Hill, although via a different position.

It’s hard to hold someone to stay if the purchasing team pays. Players are people and you need to try and accomodate them otherwise it could backfire. McCarthy situation could happen again, we offered 2 firsts (one ended up being pick 3).

Essendon will fold if it becomes pick 5 & 9 for JD for the same reason.
We came into this draft with pick 6 and 59. Think we've done pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 2 known variables in this trade.
Hill who is a proven gun.
Acres who had been underwhelming.

We have a lot of catching up to do with pick 10.

Future 2nd gives us points. We have 3 x futures 2nds now. So that’s good.

58 may be used for Aish or Menadue.

All that said Saints will likely pick a future Brownlow medalist with our future 3rd and in 7 years we’ll be the laughing stock of this trade.

As it stands currently? Yeah we did well... but not head over to the Saints board and gloat well. More a silent and respectful head nod type of win.

Disagree, lost 2 players in the top 5 B&F. Can't really say they're ahead because of players that have not only never played AFL, but they haven't even drafted yet.

Sure I can, I just did.

That deal is overs for Hill in reality when you look at him statistically. StK has paid a hell of alot more than we did for Polec last year and we were told by all and sundry we paid overs then, there's barely anything between them, you could argue Polec has been the better player across the last 3 years.

I'm sure in the fullness of time in 3-4 years it will be looked on very favorably by most Freo supporters as setting up the core of their side.

Will also pay for a chunk of points for their NGA's next year.

Sure I can, I just did.

That deal is overs for Hill in reality when you look at him statistically. StK has paid a hell of alot more than we did for Polec last year and we were told by all and sundry we paid overs then, there's barely anything between them.

I'm sure in the fullness of time in 3-4 years, it will be looked on very favorably by most Freo supporters as setting up the core of their side.

Will also pay for a chunk of points for their NGA's next year.
Ok.

Two weeks ago this type of trade was being laughed at, now its unders 🤷🏽‍♂️

St Kilda fans were expecting 6 and Acres for Hill and 26 before Bell dropped the bomb. This is a good deal for Freo!

St Kilda fans were expecting 6 and Acres for Hill and 26 before Bell dropped the bomb. This is a good deal for Freo!

Maybe by you, I have been pretty consistent in my thoughts around B.Hill and our list.

Who knows, with this haul we could end up with how we did in the 2014 draft thinking we had struck gold with Weller, Blakely and Langdon. 5 years on 2 of those are out of the club and the other is barely making an impact.

I still believe B.Hill would have given us a similar trade capital return in 12 months time. Him and Langdon out are a killer in 1 year.

Only 2 known variables in this trade.
Hill who is a proven gun.
Acres who had been underwhelming.

We have a lot of catching up to do with pick 10.

Future 2nd gives us points. We have 3 x futures 2nds now. So that’s good.

58 may be used for Aish or Menadue.

All that said Saints will likely pick a future Brownlow medalist with our future 3rd and in 7 years we’ll be the laughing stock of this trade.

As it stands currently? Yeah we did well... but not head over to the Saints board and gloat well. More a silent and respectful head nod type of win.
Have you seen our drafting?

All we are doing is trading out later picks in each round + a player while he has lots of potential isn't a guaranteed starter next year in the 22 for your second best player in his prime. Freo isn't coming out of this ahead but were they ever? Once a player wants out you can only get the best out of the situation. If i was a Freo supporter i'd be on the keep Hill and tell St Kilda to f off.

Thats how i feel with Jack Steven but like Hill he doesn't want to be at the club so what can you do.

Points wise its pretty much the same deal the Saints initially offered - so it looks like a win - win for both camps.

In the end Freo may have actually done us a favour because if the first offer had been accepted we'd have struggled with the Howard/Ryder deal. The GWS pick split allowed that to happen and that paved the way for the updated Hill deal.

Best of luck with Acres - lots of talk about injury, not being played in his best position, Richo etc - but he's been in the system for 6 years and still just teases with glimpses of brilliance and then goes missing.

As a comparison GWS got Pick 40 as compo for Tomlinson and I reckon he's more versatile.

When are people going to realise that the Saints went into the now infamous two and a half minute meetings creating a situation almost forcing Bell to say no.

The Saints knew they needed to split pick 6 so they forced the pace and got the narrative that Bell turned them down.

Well played Saints. You got your deals done and we got an average deal. Not bad but not a great one either.

Basically BHill will need to perform at his third club without a once in a generation contested bull feeling him on the outside. Good luck to him but a bit like when Josh Carr left Freo Brad's time at Freo will be a bit tainted for me.

If the deal reported is correct then Freo are all talk, heard nothing in the last week but "St Kilda can either pay the massive price or we will keep him :tonguewink:"

Do you know freo fans on big footy aren’t actually the clubs list managers?

The club has said nothing, leaked nothing to the media. We’ve said we’d do a deal if we can find one we like. It’s a very good deal for us I would’ve thought but yes we would rather have kept Hill.

Have you seen our drafting?

Good move then to get rid of all picks. Takes the pressure off!

If nothing else I’m fairly sure that’s as high a price as any team would ever get for Brad Hill.

But all of these deals depends on what the club do with the picks. Pick 1 or 10 doesn’t overly bother me I just hate reading known substances for unknown... but having never won a flag maybe it’s time to roll the dice on the draft.

Our history also sucks, so that’s why Freo supporters hate draft picks. We’re more likely to nail pick 65 then we are a top 10.

Back