Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

By who ? The same people that thought the Crows offer was fair and reasonable?

Absolute amateur. If all the Crows were going to do was maintain offers of similar value to their initial pitch, they should have withdrawn a week ago and we wouldn't have had 5 trades in the last 10 minutes.

WTF

You make an offer its either accepted or it isnt, you dont need to withdraw anything, what are you on about, did Carlton not answer them on the offer?

Totally happy with Reid, for not over paying as for Carlton he was contracted and can ask overs if they like, thats their decision

As for Gibbs he is the one who wanted out of Carlton, so now Carlton and Gibbs need to deal with it.

But you could put a thousand down that if or every time Gibbs plays s**t, it will be brought up how he doesnt want to be there, something they will have to deal with
Status Quo then

As for Gibbs he is the one who wanted out of Carlton, so now Carlton and Gibbs need to deal with it.

I keep seeing this posted. How is this any different to a 17 yo kid getting drafted to a club he doesn't want to play for? Draftees have to play for who they get drafted by, they dont get to put down preferences. Most get over it pretty quickly.

Gibbs is a professional. He'll train to his full extent and hopefully play to a similar level that he did this year. The idea of Bryce harbouring deep-seated hatred of Carlton is just fanciful and comes across as sour grapes.

Adelaide had their chance and they ****ed it up royally. Looking forward to seeing the same team line up in round one 2017 as the one who got spanked in the 2016 semis. Wheres your improvement coming from? Dear oh dear. Quite the conundrum, isnt it? Oh well. All the best lads :rainbow:

WTF

You make an offer its either accepted or it isnt, you dont need to withdraw anything, what are you on about, did Carlton not answer them on the offer?
SOS told them on day one what they were offering was a long way from what was required, instead Reid proceeded to put worse offers on the table right up until the last minute (If we didn't want Lyon why would Reid think that Kelly would be of any interest).

I was talking about AFC accepting it wasn't going anywhere and all the AFL clubs could have got on with getting deals done. Unfortunately GWS seemed to think we were going to get 13 and held out till the last minute to get it.

In contrast Geelong spent a couple of days talking to the Tigers about Deludio and withdrew their interest because the deal wasn't going to get done and if you consider they then traded Caddy to the Tigers for an early/mid 2nd they weren't that far away.

I keep seeing this posted. How is this any different to a 17 yo kid getting drafted to a club he doesn't want to play for? Draftees have to play for who they get drafted by, they dont get to put down preferences. Most get over it pretty quickly.

Gibbs is a professional. He'll train to his full extent and hopefully play to a similar level that he did this year. The idea of Bryce harbouring deep-seated hatred of Carlton is just fanciful and comes across as sour grapes.

Adelaide had their chance and they stuffed it up royally. Looking forward to seeing the same team line up in round one 2017 as the one who got spanked in the 2016 semis. Wheres your improvement coming from? Dear oh dear. Quite the conundrum, isnt it? Oh well. All the best lads :rainbow:

So you dont think the media, will have a field day on this, the guy requested he be traded away from carlton which logic means he didnt want to be there. Or are you saying he asked for a trade but didnt really want to leave?

Adelaide had their chance and they stuffed it up royally. Looking forward to seeing the same team line up in round one 2017 as the one who got spanked in the 2016 semis. Wheres your improvement coming from? Dear oh dear. Quite the conundrum, isnt it? Oh well. All the best lads :rainbow:
you watch the game did you. Carlton must have been playing at a different time then??

WTF

When a club commits to a player and offers them a 5 year contract it's down to them to get the deal done .
When the player is vice captain and CONTRACTED for 3 more years , you must expect to pay overs , not what you consider to be fair .
Richmond committed to Prestia
Hawthorn committed to Omeara
Carlton committed to Marchbank
etc etc etc
They all worked hard and honored their commitment .
Reid has damaged his own reputation here and embarrassed the AFC in front of the watching football world .

Im saying its not as cut and dried as you and your ilk are making out. Sometimes a husband has to make sacrifices for his wife, whether he wants to or not. So in the interests of his partner he tried to do whats best for her. I dont blame him, he felt he had to have a crack.

And other times the wife has to make sacrifices for her husband. She just has to grin and bear it im afraid. Hopefully her/their situation improves, and the club will do everything they can to make the best of a bad situation for her. But Gibbs tried to do right by her, Carlton successfully protect their investment whilst trying to accommodate her, and the Adelaide FC just left her hanging. What miserable bastards.

Pretty sure the wife would be more than undestandable to a husband who plays AFL football and receives in excess of half a million a year but only for a short period of their life. In fact do you think any wife would not understand the enormous benefit that is to their lives. Its obvious the whole family wanted to return to Adelaide but as I said Adelaide werent go to pay overs and shouldnt have but Carlton had a figure they wanted and shouldnt need to alter their opinion either

There really is only one loser and thats Gibbs, the other losers could be Adelaide, would Gibbs have made us a stronger team, that can never ever be answered , we had a pretty solid year with improvemnt from the young stars coming through, it may take us to the next level , Would Carlton be stronger with the pick we had given them and got a gun, who knows, we will now never know .

One thing we will find out though if Gibbs plays poorly he will be drilled in the media

Well, well, well. Someone is very emotional today. Sad that you didn’t offload Gibbs for a ridiculous price?

We won't have the same line up either, we traded Lyons, have a think about before you start mashing the keys because it makes you look really upset that Adelaide didn't let you have 2 first round picks for a 28 year old. Enjoy that bottom 4 again! What is it now 4, 5, 6 years that you have been dwelling down there and getting some royal floggings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really see why there is hate being levelled at either side here.

Carlton weren't happy with the offer? Fair enough, he's a contracted player.

Adelaide felt that they couldn't afford what was being asked for? Ok, that's their call.

It's a shame that it ended up as a loss for Gibbs but it is professional sport and that can happen.

The part I am really mad about is that Adelaide traded out Lyons for so little and that we had no other irons in the fire seemingly. That was the real failure.

Also not enjoying that the media are going to lay it on both teams now. Adelaide and Carlton already seem to get whipped by the media in a way that few other clubs do.

By who ? The same people that thought the Crows offer was fair and reasonable?

Absolute amateur. If all the Crows were going to do was maintain offers of similar value to their initial pitch, they should have withdrawn a week ago and we wouldn't have had 5 trades in the last 10 minutes.

So what would make Reid a professional? Trading two firsts and a best 22 to get Gibbs...maybe this amateur list manager has a bigger picture plan in mind and Gibbs was a one off opportunity that the Crows tried to take advantage of but were not prepared to abandon their plans to achieve.

I really don't get the barbs being thrown around by Blues fans at Reid... Carlton held all the cards here and the Crows chose not to buy. Had he bitten I can see the avalanche of posters laughing at how they reamed Adelaide.

You kept your contracted player....good for Carlton and many I have seen are happy for that but if you are so happy why snipe at Adelaide for not getting him traded out?

As far as the wasted two weeks of negotation goes, I have no dout Silvagni had absolutely no intention of trading Gibbs anyway.

So what would make Reid a professional? Trading two firsts and a best 22 to get Gibbs...maybe this amateur list manager has a bigger picture plan in mind and Gibbs was a one off opportunity that the Crows tried to take advantage of but were not prepared to abandon their plans to achieve.

I really don't get the barbs being thrown around by Blues fans at Reid... Carlton held all the cards here and the Crows chose not to buy. Had he bitten I can see the avalanche of posters laughing at how they reamed Adelaide.

You kept your contracted player....good for Carlton and many I have seen are happy for that but if you are so happy why snipe at Adelaide for not getting him traded out?

As far as the wasted two weeks of negotation goes, I have no dout Silvagni had absolutely no intention of trading Gibbs anyway.
A professional negotiator would have realised no deal was going to get done, walked away early in the trade period and worked on finding a cheaper solution to fill the holes in your list.

Instead AFC wasted their time and didn't address the weaknesses in their and actually made it worse by trading out a young midfielder.

If he was so concerned about providing support for his partner he wouldn't be on a boys trip to Vegas, so I don't think their will be any drop off in his performance and will be welcomed back.

I was happy to trade Gibbs at the right price, but also happy to keep him at what was offered. He will still be worth an AFC first rounder next year.

We managed to do the deals we wanted which is something AFC can't say they achieved.

Well, hopefully Melbourne can show us all how to tackle trade week next year if one of your senior, required, and contracted players wants out.

I look forward to seeing how reasonable the MFC are in that scenario.
Imagine the drama if Hogan decides he wants to go home after all...

A professional negotiator would have realised no deal was going to get done, walked away early in the trade period and worked on finding a cheaper solution to fill the holes in your list.

Instead AFC wasted their time and didn't address the weaknesses in their and actually made it worse by trading out a young midfielder.

If he was so concerned about providing support for his partner he wouldn't be on a boys trip to Vegas, so I don't think their will be any drop off in his performance and will be welcomed back.

I was happy to trade Gibbs at the right price, but also happy to keep him at what was offered. He will still be worth an AFC first rounder next year.

We managed to do the deals we wanted which is something AFC can't say they achieved.

This is a fair take but without knowing what Adelaide's plan are and how seriously the Gibbs' opportunity was considered and the impact all this is pure speculation. Obviously, the Carlton price was too high for the Crows and they took a "see if they blink first approach"...there was little news leading up to the draft that the Crows were goign to be active players and they had indicated an intent to use their Pick 13 in the draft.

I dare say that if SOS thought it was a waste of time he could have closed negotiations earlier too....however I reckon that would not have fit with his plans of at least presenting to the Gibbs camp an intent to get him to Adelaide.

The Crows list is not at the same place the Blues one is so we can't compare how each club went about trade week.

Well, well, well. Someone is very emotional today.... have a think about before you start mashing the keys because it makes you look really upset that Adelaide didn't let you have 2 first round picks for a 28 year old. Enjoy that bottom 4 again! What is it now 4, 5, 6 years that you have been dwelling down there and getting some royal floggings?

uhhhh y-yeah... he's definitely the one who is getting emotional here :eek:

Carlton had absolutely ridiculous expectations of what they thought was a fair deal for a 28 yo B+ grade player.
Pick 13 in a strong draft+a player like B Crouch or Lever? 2 first rounders? Just utterly laughable, hopefully clubs refuse to deal with them in the future during trade week.
i think well just stick with the catters and hawks who us and our good buddies the gw giants.

Totally happy with Reid, for not over paying as for Carlton he was contracted and can ask overs if they like, thats their decision

But you could put a thousand down that if or every time Gibbs plays s**t, it will be brought up how he doesnt want to be there, something they will have to deal with

we have already dealt with it. they have already arranged extra family support (mrs sticks). the gibbas are already so happy with it gibba can go overseas with murph and his carlton mates.

The question(s) no one seems to know the answer to is;

Did Adelaide actually offer 13 and a 2nd round pick with nothing going back?

Did Adelaide actually try to get a 2nd pick that could be the circuit breaker ala Wright going to SOS for the O'Meara deal? (Please don't use trading Lyons for pick 43 for there's no way that was going to cut it)

Did they offer their 2017 2nd pick?

If the reports are true and they only offered 13, Jake Kelly and the swap of future picks or was it a future 3rd, then that's where their offer was laughable and not even meeting Carlton half way.

If Adelaide could've somehow got a pick say 20-30 region and on traded it, SOS just might've taken that....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back