Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

IF the crows get past Geelong, the only formguide to work on for a GF V Richmond is the crows beat them by 13 goals this season. If it happens to be GWS, the only formguide is a 10 goal win at the start of the season and a 6 goal win 2 weeks ago in a final. Personally, I am more worried about Geelong than either Richmond or GWS

Any of that happen at the MCG? No?

Not stirring the pot here but Richmond in their first GF at their home ground in front of 100,000 ferals could test you..if/when you make it.

Totally different to playing them at home during the regular season. They are the team I'd least want to play..

I could be wrong here, but I'm sure the afl won't favour Richmond that much and give them every single ticket to the grand final if the crows make it??? We would already after finishing top be playing at their home ground:D .... so it would be more like 30k Ferals as you put it, 30k crows and 40k corporate

Big response. Heard the saying "he who protests too much"?

I have.

I offered factual and informative responses to an ill-considered rebuttal. Anything worth discussing, should never be said in just a few words.

Have you heard these ones?

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress"

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge, an argument an exchange of ignorance"

"Frequently the more trifling the subject, the more animated or protracted the discussion"

;)

Any of that happen at the MCG? No?
Ok, how is GWS record at the MCG. from memory they lost to Carlton there. It is Richmond's home turf but the crows are yet to lose there this year and they dismantled Richmond when they played earlier on. Should the crows get past Geelong (the only team left in the finals who have beaten the crows this year), then the MCG will hold no fears and I will back my team in to beat either Richmond or GWS if they get to the GF

Ok, how is GWS record at the MCG. from memory they lost to Carlton there. It is Richmond's home turf but the crows are yet to lose there this year and they dismantled Richmond when they played earlier on. Should the crows get past Geelong (the only team left in the finals who have beaten the crows this year), then the MCG will hold no fears and I will back my team in to beat either Richmond or GWS if they get to the GF

The Carlton loss was at Etihad

I could be wrong here, but I'm sure the afl won't favour Richmond that much and give them every single ticket to the grand final if the crows make it??? We would already after finishing top be playing at their home ground:D .... so it would be more like 30k Ferals as you put it, 30k crows and 40k corporate
You are dreaming if you think this will be the crowd make up..

Adelaide 2018 first and Poholke/Signorello/fringe youngster.

We don't want the 2017 pick unless it's the steak knives to a larger offer. And we know that won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This place is saltier than the Dead Sea
Yeah, I thought I'd come here to see if it's likely he'll go and how much for but all I got was pissing contest.

You made an assumption that was clearly off the mark. The word "Premiership" was never used :drunk:

Read the context I was replying to: "Get s**t done" - as in one club (Carlton), ranked 3rd youngest in terms of list age, finishes 3rd bottom but sells their supporter base a fanciful story of heading in the right direction..

While the 4th youngest club (Adelaide), with a list only 9 days older on average, finishes on top of the ladder.. a mere 2 years after losing the best player in the game, its head coach being murdered mid-season and having a swathe of injuries to key players throughout a year they finished top...

You tell me if that's not getting s**t done. So what's Cartlon's excuse?
Trigg! ;)

This thread is full of delusional Carlton posters and extremely logical Adelaide posters . All drinking from sos s bath water I believe .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Switch to the Jake Lever thread for the full BF round the world package.

Nothing to worry about then. Its only like 2000 extra square metres anyways compared to AO, im sure your structures will hold up as well to an MCG tenant who finished top 4 as they did to three non finalists.

Nothing to worry about then. Its only like 2000 extra square metres anyways compared to AO, im sure your structures will hold up as well to an MCG tenant who finished top 4 as they did to three non finalists.
Well...considering the same mcg tenant got belted all over the park when they played earlier in the year, home ground advantage if both teams happen to get the the GF is not likely going to make them a 14 goal better team

Youve played: Hawthorn (24 point win. DNQ for finals); Carlton (12 point win. DNQ); and Collingwood (draw. DNQ).

You'd wanna hope you dont face Richmond there, all im saying.

I didn't realise we already knew heading into those matches that those teams wouldn't make finals, I mean that's what it really boils down to isn't it? Teams go on streaks all the time, then fall away. Or the opposite - look at Sydney this year or North last year.

You approach every game knowing the opposition are a chance of beating you, and absolutely want nothing else but to.

We hadn't beaten Hawthorn in 6 years at the time we played them there.

Carlton had beaten the Swans, Pies and Dons in 3 of their previous 4 games at the 'G leading into that match - their form line there was solid.

Collingwood were fighting tooth and nail for a finals berth, and were up and about having won their past 2 games at the time.. we had Brad Crouch, Betts, Hartigan and Lever all out of the side, while the Pies were only missing Pendles.. and Varcoe, if you even consider him as worth mentioning.

We were 50 points down minutes into the third quarter, to give you some perspective of how remarkable it was to have even drawn that match.

Richmond lost to Freo at the MCG.. who didn't go anywhere near making finals and before beating the Dees only weeks earlier, hadn't won at the ground since 2015.

On top of that, we absolutely obliterated Richmond by 76 points this year, and have a 15-5 record against them over the last 20 matches.

Richmond are the team I'd MOST like to play there, if we're fortunate enough to have that privilege. They don't worry me in the slightest.

I said it last year. The Gibbs trade scenario will be seen through the prism of this year's flag. If Adelaide win the flag they'll be completely vindicated in resisting Carlton's high price on Gibbs. However if they don't win, they'll have a lifetime to wonder about what price is too much for a flag. 20 years is a very long time for such a well resourced club.

You reckon he's not going to get a kick next year because he's nearly 30. Does that mean Sloan has only got 1 more year of good footy left?
I said his best years are behind him.

He'll be okay next year. Good even. But every one at 29 is heading downhill in sporting terms. The end is pretty close.

This is not as jumping into the water is to being wet. One doesn't necessarily lead to the other.
Perhaps a more accurate comparison would be "shooting yourself in the foot is to walking with a limp."

And I quote "while great great clubs get s**t done". This was alluding to your team, the crows.

My response was that great clubs win premierships..and your club hasn't since 1998.

No need to read it again.
So, two different things then?

Seems like a pretty pointless post. Not sure why you bothered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back