Recommitted Caleb Marchbank [contracted and staying at GWS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr.X

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Speculation coming out of Carlton is saying Blues looking to place Marchbank on the trade table and consider offers.

Richmond and St Kilda are apparently showing some interest

Which parts of the program do you question?
I’ve responded in the post you have quoted me on.

There’s been issues at the club regarding injuries and recurrence of injuries for the last three years. Whether a player is rushed back too soon, not given the optimal rehab program or their injury wasn’t identified and treated correctly only the club will know. There have been numerous examples of players that have got on the park this year clearly underdone and some have injured themselves further. And some like Charlie Curnow who like Marchbank suffered tremendous bad luck with successive injuries. I believe that with multiple examples, it’s less about luck and the way these players are managed should be looked at as an underlying factor.

I would be astounded if the above was not identified and action taken as a result of the recent review.

I’ve heard nothing about this, won’t play at all in 22’ if he’s lucky + has absolutely no currency either..

I’ve responded in the post you have quoted me on.

There’s been issues at the club regarding injuries and recurrence of injuries for the last three years. Whether a player is rushed back too soon, not given the optimal rehab program or their injury wasn’t identified and treated correctly only the club will know. There have been numerous examples of players that have got on the park this year clearly underdone and some have injured themselves further. And some like Charlie Curnow who like Marchbank suffered tremendous bad luck with successive injuries. I believe that with multiple examples, it’s less about luck and the way these players are managed should be looked at as an underlying factor.

I would be astounded if the above was not identified and action taken as a result of the recent review.
A long winded guess. Gotcha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A long winded guess. Gotcha.
I normally start by looking for the most obvious and rational solution. Others just mash their keyboard believing it’s all the coaches fault, or believe in bad luck year after year.

The clubs injury issues over the last three years aren’t a result of bad luck. But you are entitled to your view.

I normally start by looking for the most obvious and rational solution. Others just mash their keyboard believing it’s all the coaches fault, or believe in bad luck year after year.

The clubs injury issues over the last three years aren’t a result of bad luck. But you are entitled to your view.

So are you suggesting Doctors and the overall health & well being of your players are critical to success?

So with an ACL and broken neck, the most obvious and rational answer to you was mismanagement.

Yeah right. Obvious. Rational. Keep looking.

No I dont think he is saying what you claim.

Think he is saying good quality Doctors can mitigate and reduce the severity of some injuries - but cant prevent ALL injuries. Not forgetting you have medical doctors but can also get a Doctorate in sports science or sports fitness.

Lets not forget many people cant determine the difference between good information and bad information.

Many think good information is what they agree with and bad information they disagree with. But go figure ... you will never no what you dont know.

Vast majority of 1 club footy fanatics are so far from rational its quite funny. Its easy to sack the coach & sack the players from the outside of a club ... its easy to think it all just "luck".

IMHO think the Tigers may be onto something and well worth considering, all sorts of doctors at you club does bring massive benefits - but they are only a piece in the puzzle. Ignore or discount the value of good doctors at your club at your own peril.

IMHO dont under estimate the value of supporters understanding what is important - sacking coaches, sacking players the supporters think are spuds are not the answers.

Last edited:
So with an ACL and broken neck, the most obvious and rational answer to you was mismanagement.

Yeah right. Obvious. Rational. Keep looking.
You obviously take the simplistic view that the clubs horrible run of injuries over the past three years is by no means a reflection on the medical and fitness team.

Just some form of horrendous bad luck.
Ok mate.

Bulldogs should take him, just to complete the Ryan Griffen/Tom Boyd deal.
He was selected with the pick 6 we gave up with Griffen to get Tom Boyd to the kennel. May as well finish that circle.

Super talent, shame about his body

You obviously take the simplistic view that the clubs horrible run of injuries over the past three years is by no means a reflection on the medical and fitness team.

Just some form of horrendous bad luck.
Ok mate.

The club has plenty to answer for in regards to the list but Marchbank has been plain unlucky.

How you can pin neck and ACL injuries on the medicos is ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back