Traded Caleb Marchbank [traded to Carlton w/ Pickett, 2017 Rd 2 pk for Picks 45, 58 and Geelong's 2017 1st]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Saints will be more desperate for more mids more than anything but we would love a third tall to support Carlisle and Goddard.

We wouldn't be giving up this years first I wouldn't think so if we happen to lure him I think it would involve next years first.

I'd be happy to give up next years first if our clubs could work out a deal in upgrading our first for GWS's they received for Collingwood (if they continue to play this poor, we have a much better draw coming up)

Think more teams will be wary of trading future picks, particularly first rounds, after what has happened this year and what could of happened if Freo did it. Eddie will no doubt move on to this subject after he is finished bashing the academies.

Think more teams will be wary of trading future picks, particularly first rounds, after what has happened this year and what could of happened if Freo did it. Eddie will no doubt move on to this subject after he is finished bashing the academies.
Which is why is want to get something else out of it by upgrading this years pick.

Getting a top 3 or 4 pick this year to get a quality midfielder which we need more desperately than a third tall defender. We'd be killing two birds (albeit with two stones but we'll get the bastards).

aish was worth 2 2nd round picks so this kid is worth a pick 12 to 25.. an a 3rd round pick.....really rate him as does sos at carlton so hope we can sneak him in

aish was worth 2 2nd round picks so this kid is worth a pick 12 to 25.. an a 3rd round pick.....really rate him as does sos at carlton so hope we can sneak him in

You guys offered pick 11 for Tomlinson last year. Other than being OOC I cant see much difference in terms of value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, Marchbank is a better player, therefore the value should be pretty equal.

It'll depend on the team he nominates, but the points system gives GWS a lot of flexibility so I reckon they'll get decent value for him. Something equivalent to a mid-late first rounder I think (around 10-15), perhaps with a fringe player.

cue stupid posts of done nothing second rounder only :rolleyes:
If he's done nothing, he'd be worth a lot less than a second rounder.

He's certainly not worth a later on when he's OOC, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for one of those to come your way. You could maybe get a really, really low first rounder and some GWS steak knives are thrown in.

It'll depend on the team he nominates, but the points system gives GWS a lot of flexibility so I reckon they'll get decent value for him. Something equivalent to a mid-late first rounder I think (around 10-15), perhaps with a fringe player.

Really he shouldn't get to nominate a team. He can specify "Melbourne" but GWS should be allowed to get the best deal they can from one of the 9 clubs Melbourne.

Really he shouldn't get to nominate a team. He can specify "Melbourne" but GWS should be allowed to get the best deal they can from one of the 9 clubs Melbourne.
We try to get the player to where they want to go each time.

Before freo fans flog in. Cams manager and freo tried it on and as such the Giants said * it what do we have to lose.

LOL. Okay mate.
He's not, it's simple. Have a look at what sort of players get traded for firsts. The notable exception to that is Jed Anderson. Players have to be exceptional to go for that price. Marchbank is good, but not exceptional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back