Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s very skinny. If he can put some weight on he might be ok the main thing is he stays fit though. Too early to tell if he will make it. If he’s not injury prone he might be ok. Also needs to keep out of trouble off field.

He’s very skinny. If he can put some weight on he might be ok the main thing is he stays fit though. Too early to tell if he will make it. If he’s not injury prone he might be ok. Also needs to keep out of trouble off field.

Very skinny? 18 Year old skinny , not a first

Stays fit ? a given

Too early to tell? Yeah not an out there call or incorrect. You can generally see a kids assets in his first few games. His run end to end is most noteable in his first game alone. Kicking is better than average. Doesnt mind the contact. All good signs

Also needs to keep out of trouble off field? Can you at least elaborate on this one ? Have you heard something , has he done something. Or is this a general grab from his long hair and scruffy look.

I'd like to see Maynard find some consistency in defence rather than move him.
I think he could fit a need we have in our midfield. I'd love to see us trial him there for a while. He could be a weapon and his brain farts won't be as costly if he's in the guts.

I think he could fit a need we have in our midfield. I'd love to see us trial him there for a while. He could be a weapon and his brain farts won't be as costly if he's in the guts.
This has the potential to replicate Moore's moving. You don't know what you have got until it's gone.

Why can't we just accept that our defence is our strongest line and just leave it alone. All good teams start with a good defence. Don't fix one problem by creating another potentially bugger problem.

This has the potential to replicate Moore's moving. You don't know what you have got until it's gone.

Why can't we just accept that our defence is our strongest line and just leave it alone. All good teams start with a good defence. Don't fix one problem by creating another potentially bugger problem.
Trialling players in different positions of need is a good strategy when you know you're not contending. They don't disappear if it doesn't work out... Like Moore you just put them back in their old position .
Maynard has been flat for 12 months now. For him and our midfield I think it's the perfect time to trial it. He could potentially be the aggressive big bodies inside Grunt that Sier seemingly isn't. His booming kicks out of the middle would be handy.
Can't say we've got much to lose by trialling it this season.

Very skinny? 18 Year old skinny , not a first

Stays fit ? a given

Too early to tell? Yeah not an out there call or incorrect. You can generally see a kids assets in his first few games. His run end to end is most noteable in his first game alone. Kicking is better than average. Doesnt mind the contact. All good signs

Also needs to keep out of trouble off field? Can you at least elaborate on this one ? Have you heard something , has he done something. Or is this a general grab from his long hair and scruffy look.
When Swan was recruiting players for the new rat pack on his segment most of the players threw Poulter and McCreery under the bus. I don’t mind troubled players but some are saying we got rid of Stevo for being trouble.

Too soon? But we rely on your early calls on players so we can have certainty of their futures. Lift your game.

Trialling players in different positions of need is a good strategy when you know you're not contending. They don't disappear if it doesn't work out... Like Moore you just put them back in their old position .
Maynard has been flat for 12 months now. For him and our midfield I think it's the perfect time to trial it. He could potentially be the aggressive big bodies inside Grunt that Sier seemingly isn't. His booming kicks out of the middle would be handy.
Can't say we've got much to lose by trialling it this season.

I agree with trying him in the middle, but not for the same reason as some others.

Some think that Maynard is a gun defender, and could end up as a gun midfielder if moved in there. I think Maynard is an okay defender, and could end up as an okay midfielder if moved in there. The question marks would be a) fitness, and b) ability to win a contested ground ball. We know he can tackle, but to be a good mid he needs to do a lot more than that, and I don't recall him being all that great at winning contested ground ball.

There are a few myths about Maynard - the biggest one is that he has an excellent kick (which he doesn't).

But should we try it? I think so, mostly because a) his performance isn't that irreplaceable (compared to say a Moore), and b) we have good back up options on the flanks/pockets (Quaynor, Noble, Howe, Crisp, Murphy)

When Swan was recruiting players for the new rat pack on his segment most of the players threw Poulter and McCreery under the bus. I don’t mind troubled players but some are saying we got rid of Stevo for being trouble.

He’s not even overtly skinny for his age. He’s going to be a player. Bookmark it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with trying him in the middle, but not for the same reason as some others.

Some think that Maynard is a gun defender, and could end up as a gun midfielder if moved in there. I think Maynard is an okay defender, and could end up as an okay midfielder if moved in there. The question marks would be a) fitness, and b) ability to win a contested ground ball. We know he can tackle, but to be a good mid he needs to do a lot more than that, and I don't recall him being all that great at winning contested ground ball.

There are a few myths about Maynard - the biggest one is that he has an excellent kick (which he doesn't).

But should we try it? I think so, mostly because a) his performance isn't that irreplaceable (compared to say a Moore), and b) we have good back up options on the flanks/pockets (Quaynor, Noble, Howe, Crisp, Murphy)
I don't consider him a gun defender either, because of his regular goal conceding brain farts. That is a major reason I want us to try him in the middle. He is a big kick which could get it to dangerous spots out of the centre and his big body, aggression, chasing, tackling and ball winning ability could make him a force in the midfield. What have we got to lose trying it?

Too soon? But we rely on your early calls on players so we can have certainty of their futures. Lift your game.
Obviously, unlike you, I speak "That's Gold".
That, Jackass my friend, is a ringing endorsement from TG if ever I've seen one. Clearly the great Thats Gold has a massive boner for young Caleb.

If thats your basis for concern. Then i wouldnt be worried.

I do feel Stevo was gone for all the wrong reasons. Dumb move by the club

I don’t recall Maynard losing too many contested ground balls. It’s hard to see how traffic would affect this but with his size and acceleration I’m sure he’d pull his weight.

See his poor kicking is exactly why a midfield move makes sense. Turnovers are less costly up the field and his biggest strength kicking whose is his kicking power which give him an advantage when clearing the ball. I’m the midfield he’ll be able to win the ball and hack it forward, the backline he can’t get away with that.

A shining light for sure! If I was to give him an area for improvement, I would have liked to see a bit more composure when he got it inside 50-60m.

Yeah could spot a Target and not go as long as Much but still they where not Bad Calls and Kicks.

Lot better then his Teammates have done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back