Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy we were able to land Caleb, welcome to the club!

I was hoping we could trade back into the first round for a look at him, so to get him where we did was excellent. I think he can be quite the player for us

192cm and averaging 25 disposals this season, plus a decent kick.

Wow.

At SANFL U18/19 (not sure if it’s U19 still) that’s about the minimum standard for a mid with AFL aspirations. Normally the SANFL mids that get picked within the top 50 only play at senior or reserve level so those numbers aren’t overly relevant. It’s his tricks that standout. He’s got enough of them to be my favourite pick from last night!

At SANFL U18/19 (not sure if it’s U19 still) that’s about the minimum standard for a mid with AFL aspirations. Normally the SANFL mids that get picked within the top 50 only play at senior or reserve level so those numbers aren’t overly relevant. It’s his tricks that standout. He’s got enough of them to be my favourite pick from last night!
Fair enough.

I thought it was at the top level.

If only! Although I’m no Pie 4 life so I’m not 100%, but if they were senior numbers I doubt he gets past the first 5-10 picks given his size and skill set.
That is why I was shocked.

Even at under 19 level, averaging 25 possesions at 192cm is decent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, Poulter’s highlights footage is very eye-catching. Lots of poise & vision, clean hands and a beautiful kick. Looks like he could play seniors comparatively soon and might turn out to be the best of our draft crop. Exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When I saw his footage, I thought I was looking at a young Pendles, the step, the left foot, appears to move slowly but is not and he had vision.

Long way to go but I liked it a lot.

Has a lot of Pendles traits.

Best of all is that he is a good ball user and he racks them up. No point getting the ball if you use it terribly.

If Poulter, Reef and Sier can all make it, that will be a giant sized midfield.

I hope he kicks deeper than that video highlights reel suggests. Most of his kicks he had the eyes lowered and spotted up an easy target barely 20 metres away!!!

Has a huge punch on the handball though.

Lowering his eyes and spotting up targets a bad thing? 🤔

Unfortunately the majority of our team are incapable/unwilling to do it...

Lowering his eyes and spotting up targets a bad thing? 🤔

Unfortunately the majority of our team are incapable/unwilling to do it...

With 20 metre kicks.... yes it can be.

Would have liked to see him lift the eyes more than once and spot up a target 45 metres downfield. But it’s only a highlight reel. I’m sure he’s very competent kicking it longer and doesn’t always take the 20 metre short pass as the first option.

That was a fair roost on the kick down the wing in the highlights package.

He looks like a man amongst boys at that level. It will be interesting to see how he fills out and how he goes against men.

That was a fair roost on the kick down the wing in the highlights package.

He looks like a man amongst boys at that level. It will be interesting to see how he fills out and how he goes against men.

Exactly.... more of that please! It was the only long kick I saw though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back