Unofficial Preview Changes & pre match discussion vs Brisbane (Gather Round) *in memory of Scamper*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: McKay, logue
Out: bonar, Howe

Probably another one I’ve missed but definitely those two

It looks like there are no stands/seating except for the small change rooms/coaches box area, is that correct?
The permanent grandstand only seats 300 I think, but they'll have temporary stands for 3000 spectators.

Hey mate.

I’ll be there too.
I don’t know that area very well. Do you happen to know if there are any pubs within walking distance of the ground? I’d love to soak up the local vibes with a few beers after the win instead of heading straight back to the city.

Thanks in advance.
The new oval is quite a way from Mt Barker central, but they'll have shuttle buses looping around the town(including the oval of course), so it'll be easy to get to a pub that way or if you'll have a car then either head into the town centre or go to any of the other Hills towns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* this reacher round bullshit.

******* playing at a bullshit two bit hick ground.

Actually hick suburb of a hick town

Venue for this week, can’t believe how small it is? Team selection going to be interesting. Contested ball more crucial then ever. Possibly a slight advantage to us given Brisbane tall forward line, not much space.
It’s the same dimensions as the MCG. I played in the Hills and while I don’t play anymore and have never played at this oval, I’ve heard fantastic reports. Everyone needs to chill out about the venue.

It’s the same dimensions as the MCG. I played in the Hills and while I don’t play anymore and have never played at this oval, I’ve heard fantastic reports. Everyone needs to chill out about the venue.
Cmon man this is a billion $ industry, this novelty bullshit is ******* ridiculous

Cmon man this is a billion $ industry, this novelty bullshit is ******* ridiculous
Spoken to several players this week (not from North) who love the concept.

The oval is AFL standard. The whole Hills community has put in a mountain of work to get to that point. 7,500 tickets sold out in bugger all time. That’s half what we’d get at marvel for a game like this anyway. Genuinely don’t understand what all the complaining is about. It’s an added fixture.

Adelaide is genuinely buzzing right now. 6/9 games will be at capacity (albeit double headers will see some come and go). The other matches are nearing it. Outside Victoria we’re the only state that can put on a show like the one this weekend. Just wait and see…

Spoken to several players this week (not from North) who love the concept.

The oval is AFL standard. The whole Hills community has put in a mountain of work to get to that point. 7,500 tickets sold out in bugger all time. That’s half what we’d get at marvel for a game like this anyway. Genuinely don’t understand what all the complaining is about. It’s an added fixture.

Adelaide is genuinely buzzing right now. 6/9 games will be at capacity (albeit double headers will see some come and go). The other matches are nearing it. Outside Victoria we’re the only state that can put on a show like the one this weekend. Just wait and see…
It’s just rubbish, playing in front of 7500 people , Jesus Christ does premium tickets allow you to drive the Ute to the fence.

* tassie is a better spot. Two main stadiums (comparatively) and even north Hobart oval.

Oh but we have all the games in one city …it’s just fun.

It’s just rubbish, playing in front of 7500 people , Jesus Christ does premium tickets allow you to drive the Ute to the fence.

* tassie is a better spot. Two main stadiums (comparatively) and even north Hobart oval.

Settle down mate. It's really not worth getting this riled up about

Haha cause marvel is absolutely f****** rocking every week we play there. Spare me. It gets more embarrassing every time it happens against an interstate team and two f****** levels are basically empty. At least this game will have more of a unique feel than that lifeless arena does for equivalent fixtures.

I’m more keen than ever to get up there to watch our boys play in a different environment. Barely get a chance to see us living so far away. I would be at every game if I could, so I’ve certainly got no issue going to a country ground that’s been prepared better than the MCG, Marvel and Optus were for round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back