Preview Changes: R22 v Collingwood

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Fog is already averaging a better game than both Tex & Lynch... & you could argue that his 1 game has been better than any game from either of them this year!
I don't think there's any argument - his game against West Coast was easily the best by any Adelaide KPP forward this year.

And it would burn in Jordan's mind, drive him through every single weights session over summer

There was not a single positive for the club in playing Otten
It's why Blight liked giving young guys a taste of AFL action... & sometimes you discover they perform well from their 1st game.

I don't think there's any argument - his game against West Coast was easily the best by any Adelaide KPP forward this year.
So then how do we know how Butts would perform at AFL level if we don't play him?

I doubt it could be much worse that either Hartigan or Otten in recent games!

Policy is selecting the old farts until they can barely hobble onto the field.

JJ's (alleged) off-field clashes with Pyke have made his position in the team untenable, which has forced the selectors to pick Fogarty. Fogarty would not be playing if JJ & Pyke hadn't clashed, just as he wouldn't have played last year if not for injuries.
Why are you talking about JJ and Pyke having an off field clash when it has been denied?

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Why are you talking about JJ and Pyke having an off field clash when it has been denied?

I reckon it was a Gulf of Tonkin incident. I shall call it... the Gulf of Jenkins.

History lesson and amusing pun all at once!

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
My changes:

Brown Talia Kelly
Laird Keath Milera
Lynch Sloane Seedsman
Walker Fogarty Jones
Betts Himmelberg Gallucci

ROB MCrouch Smith

BCrouch Knight Butts Gibbs

In: ROB Gallucci Jones Seedsman Butts Keath Himmelberg
Out: Jacob's Murphy Douglas Mackay Otten Hartigan Atkins

Don's changes:

Unchanged.

Last edited:

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
My changes:

Brown Talia Kelly
Laird Keath Milera
Lynch Sloane Seedsman
Walker Fogarty Jones
Betts Himmelberg Gallucci

ROB MCrouch Smith

BCrouch Knight Butts Gibbs

In: ROB Gallucci Jones Seedsman Butts Keath Himmelberg
Out: Jacob's Murphy Douglas Mackay Otten Hartigan Atkins

Don's changes:

Unchanged.

Amazing that a side could (should) make 7 changes and be so much better.

Just shows how far we have drifted off course, wholesale changes required.

Atkins is the odd one out to me, in a competent, well balanced side he would be of benefit but the current shitshow of selection and game plan really exposes his deficiencies.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Hopefully he's now sent a message to the selectors saying "pick me I'm ready". Nothing would surprise me about our selectors though.
Fog should be 1st pick for the last 2 games this year and then be a lock for all 22 games next year. He should never be seen in the SANFL unless coming back from injury.

He is the sort of player that is wasted in the SANFL, will be interesting to see how we handle him next year and if he is up and down again from the AFL to SANFL.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Fog should be 1st pick for the last 2 games this year and then be a lock for all 22 games next year. He should never be seen in the SANFL unless coming back from injury.

He is the sort of player that is wasted in the SANFL, will be interesting to see how we handle him next year and if he is up and down again from the AFL to SANFL.
A lot depends on whether or not we make the finals.

If we make the finals, then Pyke's job will be safe, and JJ will probably request a trade. That makes Fog's 2020 selection a foregone conclusion.

If we don't then Pyke will probably be sacked (no AFC coach has survived after missing the finals for consecutive years, since Cornes in 91/92). If Pyke goes then JJ may decide to stay, which complicates matters for the new senior coach (whoever he or she may be).

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
A lot depends on whether or not we make the finals.

If we make the finals, then Pyke's job will be safe, and JJ will probably request a trade. That makes Fog's 2020 selection a foregone conclusion.

If we don't then Pyke will probably be sacked (no AFC coach has survived after missing the finals for consecutive years, since Cornes in 91/92). If Pyke goes then JJ may decide to stay, which complicates matters for the new senior coach (whoever he or she may be).
I think if a new coach came in then FOG would still be one of the first selected. It is obvious to all outside the club that he is wasted in the SANFL.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Atkins wont be dropped.. he will be judged on that dart like pass to Fog in the first quarter last week.. they will give him a green card for the next 12 months...

I think if a new coach came in then FOG would still be one of the first selected. It is obvious to all outside the club that he is wasted in the SANFL.

Not if Campo and Burton are still on the selection committee, which they will be.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I'd love to see us play Himmelberg over the last few games as well. I know we would never do it because we are trying to make the 8, but I would be very keen to see how a forward line with Himmelberg, Tex and Fog looks (in this case Lynch is playing wing).

Fog out of the goal square, Himmelberg just tasked with competing in the air at CHF and Tex playing a roaming forward role. Himmelberg then gets to hit the ruck spot as well (better option than Otten).

Back