Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet another blow for the Trolls and Troll-lite.

I don’t doubt their ability to spin this into a negative.

So.... WTF is Ugle-Hagan 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁?
Great news!!

Now it will be fun watching the Apricot Slice Brigade who have been telling us he's not ready, blah blah blah, he'll need to string a few good weeks together before he is selected have to change their narrative.

I haven’t weighed in on this one yet. Whose side should I take?

Now it will be fun watching the Apricot Slice Brigade who have been telling us he's not ready, blah blah blah, he'll need to string a few good weeks together before he is selected have to change their narrative.
Much more likely to see the Trolls and Troll-lite writing him off if he doesn’t kick 5 goals on debut.
Yada, yada, yada, McDonald, McDonald, McDonald.

Having watched Thilthorpe live on a number of occasions, I don’t think a lot of supporters will be realistic in their expections. I don’t expect him to be crashing packs and taking pack marks at this stage of his development. His tools are good fitness, speed and agility for a big, big bloke. If we can isolate him one-on-one and deliver the ball in a semi-competent manner then he will have an impact.

I love Keays effort, but show me the effectiveness of the same top five when entering 50. I'd expect the other 4 to be better than his.
Of course he isn't in the same class as the other guys, but does he have to be? The fact that he has the confidence in himself to be a kick-first inside midfielder is good enough for me, especially considering how difficult it is to get both a clearance and a kick inside 50

Walker, Fogarty and Thilthorpe all in the same side is gonna be a thing of dreams
That is going to be something to see. All good kicks, all with different strengths. Add in a fit McAdam and the 4th defender has a pretty tough job.

Was hopeful that we would rest McAdam and bring in Jones to play that pressure forward role ... oh well I'll take RT debut :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we're putting an end to this "Frampton" experiment. The next test is to make sure Billy never plays another game in our AFL squad again.

The right, and very exciting, call was made with Thilthorpe as well. He can go from having balls kicked over his head in the SANFL, to balls kicked over his head in the AFL.

That issue is well overrated. Although, sometimes he does remind me of Marinoff where he had much more time and could have looked and steadied before delivering but is going a million miles an hour and pumps forward missing better options.

Seeing Marinoff play, I get the impression she is only worried about the stats, most of her kicks are blind and very rarely hits a target.

Of course he isn't in the same class as the other guys, but does he have to be? The fact that he has the confidence in himself to be a kick-first inside midfielder is good enough for me, especially considering how difficult it is to get both a clearance and a kick inside 50
You forget you're on the Adelaide board mate!

Some just look for the negatives, for the record I think Ben Keays has been a very, very worthwhile addition to our squad, a revelation even.....and I'll tell you one thing he has over the other 4 luminaries mentioned, he shits on all of them as a two way gut busting runner.

Seeing Marinoff play, I get the impression she is only worried about the stats, most of her kicks are blind and very rarely hits a target.
Not true this year. For the most part she was effective with her disposals this year, clearly something she worked on over the off season. She was simply outstanding With only one game I can recall where she reverted back to her kick in hope game. She also gained more metres than anyone else in the competition so it’s not surprising that sometimes she’s too buggered to execute!

Much more likely to see the Trolls and Troll-lite writing him off if he doesn’t kick 5 goals on debut.
Yada, yada, yada, McDonald, McDonald, McDonald.

Having watched Thilthorpe live on a number of occasions, I don’t think a lot of supporters will be realistic in their expections. I don’t expect him to be crashing packs and taking pack marks at this stage of his development. His tools are good fitness, speed and agility for a big, big bloke. If we can isolate him one-on-one and deliver the ball in a semi-competent manner then he will have an impact.
I think you've got that ass-about Jack is Backtofront. The so-called Trolls and most of the rest us reasonable minded football followers will more than accepting of a modest return in his debut game. No-one will be jumping up down if he fails to dominate...

...except you and Helmet and the rest of the ultra conservative Apricot slice brigade who will be sure to be crying "see, he's not ready - he needs more time in the SANFL"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back