Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
The Clam Man??
I dont think either should be playing..

himmelberg has been atrocious this year no matter how much his fan club in here love to ignore that basic fact.

and mookay should have been delisted two years ago let alone still being picked.. picking mookay in that round two game over Worrell was a complete and utter joke.

neither of them would still be on the list of the better run teams in the comp..

mookay’s 200 games of mediocrity and himmelbergs 6 decent games in 5 years.. sorry, but I just cant see hiw this is good list management. How many decent players have we potentially missed out on due to this?.. we will never know..

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Why is everyone saying we’ve gone too tall? Haven’t we replaced like for like?

Berg for Billy
RT for Lynch - taller yes but also super mobile
Hately for Berry

Fog to again play some midfield minutes
Not playing all four talls inside the F50 at the same time - as we haven’t done in previous weeks, instead rotating them

What am I missing?
Hately for Berry is the one that concerns me. That's a lot of tackling pressure to give up. Not sure what the alternative would be though.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

himmelberg has been atrocious this year no matter how much his fan club in here love to ignore that basic fact.

and mookay should have been delisted two years ago let alone still being picked.. picking mookay in that round two game over Worrell was a complete and utter joke.

neither of them would still be on the list of the better run teams in the comp..

mookay’s 200 games of mediocrity and himmelbergs 6 decent games in 5 years.. sorry, but I just cant see hiw this is good list management. How many decent players have we potentially missed out on due to this?.. we will never know..

Can someone explain to me why the club is obsessed with playing one of either Frampton or Himmelberg?

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide

MacKays selection has been like a 10 year long Bradbury win. He has shown glimpses when needed to secure his place, but has never really been a lock. Whenever he was looking like dropping from the regular 22 a Smith, Otten, Milera, Brown, Seed, whoever gets injured or does a knee, Henderson leaves, Gibbs spuds it up, likely replacements like Hampton, Gooch, Kerridge never come on, Jaensch quits the club.

Even footywire are gifting him 3 brownlow votes in the 2020 season on his career page, yet I dont remember this.

One thing he does provide now, and I support his 1 year contract after much rage ensued the announcement. He is cover for a variety of positions, wheres someone like Hartigan, Betts, Jacobs, Jenkins has only got 1 role to play. Shouldnt have been selected for round 2 though

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Tex down there with wingnut
He’s looking good

5BE5C9DD-6387-4C67-9505-8102D79B2912.jpeg

Can someone explain to me why the club is obsessed with playing one of either Frampton or Himmelberg?
They want a genuine second ruck and will sacrifice anything and everything to ensure we are competitive in the ruck for the 15 minutes a game ROB is on the bench

Both are purported to be good contested marking options, which offers a point of difference from every other key forward we have and some ruck minutes.

At least with Himmelberg, that contested marking showed up with the step up (was top 20 per game last year). It didn't with Frampton.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Good selections this week.

Young bloke injured, would've been easy to pick 14 and we resisted. Made the incoming player find form in the 2s, is also an inexperienced kid albeit with 2 years in the system.

Dropped underperforming 2nd KPF/ruck although probably 2 weeks too late. Berg finds form and is rewarded. Frampton goes back and dominates which is also good to see.

Finally a key senior player who's underdone and out of form gets dropped for a super talent who needs to play.

Signs of a good footy club brewing.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Both are purported to be good contested marking options, which offers a point of difference from every other key forward we have and some ruck minutes.

At least with Himmelberg, that contested marking showed up with the step up (was top 20 per game last year). It didn't with Frampton.
Protects RT from rucking early days too.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Himmelberg I can sort of understand. I don't rate him that highly but he did perform well last season, Frampton though....

And it protects our most valuable assets from having to ruck in the centre square

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

Himmelberg I can sort of understand. I don't rate him that highly but he did perform well last season, Frampton though....

And it protects our most valuable assets from having to ruck in the centre square

Hope you two are right.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

It would be the one centre bounces that the Berg was forced to attend on Sunday. Imagine the shellacking if we just conceded that tap and went with 4 mids instead. 4 points becomes 12 goals and we turn into Carlton/Melbourne immediately.

Back