Preview Changes: R9 vs Brisbane - Saturday May 14, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Will Matt Crouch be recalled this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we reckon will be the sub?

Cook would have been my choice. Not sure they'll go a debutant and a KPD would be a stupid choice, so I guess that leaves Pedlar.
I think Murray will get it, just for the fact we only have 1 true KPD. They have taken a gamble with not replacing Frampton with another tall, so they may go with him as cover in case their tall forwards start running rampant.

I think Murray will get it, just for the fact we only have 1 true KPD. They have taken a gamble with not replacing Frampton with another tall, so they may go with him as cover in case their tall forwards start running rampant.

He should have come in for Sholl anyway. We're unbalanced with too many wingmen, and Dawson will now likely have to play as a tall defender.

Mackay averaged 14 disposals a game last 2 years and averaged 16.6 disposals per game for his whole career. Cook has played 10 matches and averaged 12 disposals a game. 12 disposals a game is not bad for a player just starting out in a bottom 2-3 side. Most of Mackay's career was in a much better side.
Yes, it was a bit tongue in cheek.

My point is that our wingmen, with the exception of Dawson (he has played a combination of half back and wing) are not getting enough of the ball.
  • Sholl is averaging 19 disposals a match but one tackle every two weeks
  • Hinge (has played more wing than half back) has averaged 14 disposals a game. He often starts well but then disappears.
  • Cook looks good at times but 11 disposals a match is awful. Last week he had 8 touches, how is that even possible.

I said before the breakout match for Soligo last week (your welcome) that he shows the most potential as a wingman at this stage.

I would keep Dawson on the wing from now on, move Hinge to half back and let Sholl, Cook, Soligo and Parnell fight it out for the other spot.

He should have come in for Sholl anyway. We're unbalanced with too many wingmen, and Dawson will now likely have to play as a tall defender.
Yeah my preference would have been another tall defender in the starting 22 to begin with.

I heard them interview Burns last night and they questioned him about our lack of tall defenders, he said we would use Doedee or Dawson to cover the Lions other tall forwards... we make some stupid decisions 🤦‍♂️

Sorry to intrude, not sure where to post but just looking for a bit of info on the footy express. I think I have found where I would leave from but the Adelaide Metro timetable isn't really offering a lot of help as far as times etc, it says to put 'Adelaide Oval' in as your final location in the find a timetable feature but then it doesn't actually have that as a location. Anyway, how often do buses come through? Cheers..
Seems others have helped a bit here. If you head to a suburb called not in service, all the busses go to and from there apparently😁

images (5).jpeg

Yes, it was a bit tongue in cheek.

My point is that our wingmen, with the exception of Dawson (he has played a combination of half back and wing) are not getting enough of the ball.
  • Sholl is averaging 19 disposals a match but one tackle every two weeks
  • Hinge (has played more wing than half back) has averaged 14 disposals a game. He often starts well but then disappears.
  • Cook looks good at times but 11 disposals a match is awful. Last week he had 8 touches, how is that even possible.

I said before the breakout match for Soligo last week (your welcome) that he shows the most potential as a wingman at this stage.

I would keep Dawson on the wing from now on, move Hinge to half back and let Sholl, Cook, Soligo and Parnell fight it out for the other spot.
What position did Soligo play last week?

Yeah my preference would have been another tall defender in the starting 22 to begin with.

I heard them interview Burns last night and they questioned him about our lack of tall defenders, he said we would use Doedee or Dawson to cover the Lions other tall forwards... we make some stupid decisions 🤦‍♂️
Yeah let’s use our best weapon on a nullifying role, ******* idiots

Last week Soligo played mostly as an inside mid. Previous weeks he has played predominantly on the wing.!

I expect that he will play mainly on the wing tonight but I hope he has a occasional run in the guts
You see that’s just silly, he played as an inside mid and played his best game for the year and got a call up.

We tried him as a wing in the preseason and rd 1 and he was average to poor.

So why would we play him on the wing? Play him in the position he was drafted and that he’s played well in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see that’s just silly, he played as an inside mid and played his best game for the year and got a call up.

So why would we play him on the wing? Play him in the position he was drafted and that he’s played well in.

He’s 5th man in a 4.3 man system, so he’ll get some minutes you’d think. I definitely recall Keays playing ahead of the ball last week at times, so maybe a few extra minutes to divvy up if we continue with that.

It makes the non selection of Worrell even stranger

They don't think we can win so their strategy is to nullify the score. Sounds like a stupid strategy.
I agree.
"Nullify the score" = minimise the damage.
It's a negative, losing strategy that NO rebuilding side should be pursuing. It's passive, not proactive and trains our juniors to contain, instead of taking the game on (which young players prefer to do, anyway, out of keenness).

I'd like to see them use an attacking plan, play-on at all costs, which will pay dividends if the Crows ever contend for a Flag again.
If they're going to lose badly like their last 2 games I'd prefer it was from having a red-hot, aggressive go.

The twos played the worst team in the SANFL. Crouch got leather poisoning so I would be cautious about drawing too many conclusions from one game in the middle.

Hately was getting lots of the ball as an inside mid in the Twos but is he our next gun inside mid? Our main inside mids last week were Keays, Laird, Hately, Berry and Schoenberg with an occasional spurt for Rachele.

Last week we tried a different approach in the midfield, more player rotations, more Kids….and we were slaughtered. We just have to be patient but it will take a couple of years to get a stable and effective midfield.

The twos played the worst team in the SANFL. Crouch got leather poisoning so I would be cautious about drawing too many conclusions from one game in the middle.

Hately was getting lots of the ball as an inside mid in the Twos but is he our next gun inside mid? Our main inside mids last week were Keays, Laird, Hately, Berry and Schoenberg with an occasional spurt for Rachele.

Last week we tried a different approach in the midfield, more player rotations, more Kids….and we were slaughtered. We just have to be patient but it will take a couple of years to get a stable and effective midfield.
None of that counters playing Soligo in a position that he hasn’t performed well in at AFL level and it’s not the position he got picked on, which despite the opposition is what the coaches did.

Besides we hold out hope he’s better than Hately, if not the contract extension so early seems a pretty dumb call.

None of that counters playing Soligo in a position that he hasn’t performed well in at AFL level and it’s not the position he got picked on, which despite the opposition is what the coaches did.

Besides we hold out hope he’s better than Hately, if not the contract extension so early seems a pretty dumb call.
Soligo rotated forward for Vic Metro in his 7 representative games where he wasn't a starting mid with their depth and with a quite good effect so you could class him as a genuine midfielder/forward I think.

Back