Unofficial Preview Changes Round 12 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even sure that Wallis was necessarily tagging Fyfe in the last game. I think he was largely playing Boyd's role and Fyfe was his direct opponent and he flat out beat Fyfe one on one for most of the day. On the evidence of that game, he's gone past Boyd in that role.

I'm not even sure that Wallis was necessarily tagging Fyfe in the last game. I think he was largely playing Boyd's role and Fyfe was his direct opponent and he flat out beat Fyfe one on one for most of the day. On the evidence of that game, he's gone past Boyd in that role.
As i mention before, he only tagged when in contests and ball ups.

Fyfe was carrying an injury

Half of us get around him

"We're here at WO watching the Bulldogs players leave training.

There goes Mitch Wallis down the street, accompanied by a semi-circle of BF posters.

And here comes Christian Howard, accompanied by some people who want to wish him luck, but feel guilty that they have provided fair, but critical assessment of him on BF.

Next to emerge is Jason Tutt, who initially moves towards some supporters, but swerves away in panic at the last minute.

A few talls are next, Crameri, Jones and Stringer together, Jarrad Grant just on the fringe of the group, whilst Tom Williams tries to keep in step with them, but sadly trips over an invisible object and crashes into some chairs, and then the wall.

Dale Morris follows them, helping Tom Williams up and replacing upended chairs, and generally mopping up.

Here's Matthew Boyd, making a beeline for the exit, but, oh no, he's walked into the doorframe. He would have split the middle of the doorway in 2008-2010, but sadly these days often misses the target.

Well, that's it for our coverage today, tune in next week when we see how many forwards can pick Shannon Grant out of a lineup of assistant coaches..."

There goes Mitch Wallis down the street, accompanied by a semi-circle of BF posters.

And here comes Christian Howard, accompanied by some people who want to wish him luck, but feel guilty that they have provided fair, but critical assessment of him on BF.

Next to emerge is Jason Tutt, who initially moves towards some supporters, but swerves away in panic at the last minute.

A few talls are next, Crameri, Jones and Stringer together, Jarrad Grant just on the fringe of the group, whilst Tom Williams tries to keep in step with them, but sadly trips over an invisible object and crashes into some chairs, and then the wall.

Dale Morris follows them, helping Tom Williams up and replacing upended chairs, and generally mopping up.

Here's Matthew Boyd, making a beeline for the exit, but, oh no, he's walked into the doorframe. He would have split the middle of the doorway in 2008-2010, but sadly these days often misses the target.

Well, that's it for our coverage today, tune in next week when we see how many forwards can pick Shannon Grant out of a lineup of assistant coaches..."
10/10

As i mention before, he only tagged when in contests and ball ups.

Well, that's not really tagging then, is it. It is marking his man while the ball is in dispute and then beating him 1-on-1 in the contest. Something that all of our mid's should be doing all the time. Except Griff because he is usually getting tagged he needn't worry about marking his man. Only getting the pill himself.

Against Freo, it wasn't Wallis' sole role to stop his opponent like it was earlier in the year. (ie tagging)

Interesting that article indicates that he was actually very good at that role anyway, despite a few genius' on here saying he was hopeless at it.

No calls at all here for Roberts to be given more of a go up forward?

I would have thought with a very bare cupboard he was worth a try. Alas I am but a lone voice.
He wasn't in my outs. Might be back at Footscray to work on some things. I think we do that now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea buddy , but some players get pushed to play these days cop a jab and you will be right

He did have some sort of injury but if it was serious he would have been the one subbed once the game was done

No calls at all here for Roberts to be given more of a go up forward?

I would have thought with a very bare cupboard he was worth a try. Alas I am but a lone voice.
Needs to be given some time to adjust to just the one position, I'd think. Suffers from being played in the swingman role too early in his AFL career. Ideally he builds some really good form at one end, because he's capable, and then we throw him down the other end when required. Has to stay in defence for now for that to work.

Needs to be given some time to adjust to just the one position, I'd think. Suffers from being played in the swingman role too early in his AFL career. Ideally he builds some really good form at one end, because he's capable, and then we throw him down the other end when required. Has to stay in defence for now for that to work.

How many times am I allowed to agree with this?

I think you are spot on and my question was in the context that given he was tried forward last week we should have bitten the bullet and said he was FF this week. But I agree with your point - he was picked as a defender two weeks ago and he should have been allowed to settle and show what he can do in a run ( that is at least three) games. ( it is beside the point that Talia would have been my first choice)

How many times am I allowed to agree with this?

I think you are spot on and my question was in the context that given he was tried forward last week we should have bitten the bullet and said he was FF this week. But I agree with your point - he was picked as a defender two weeks ago and he should have been allowed to settle and show what he can do in a run ( that is at least three) games. ( it is beside the point that Talia would have been my first choice)
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I was trying to word it without rubbishing your idea too much because I agree with you, just not at this point in time :p

I'd like to just get a season or two into him as a full time defender (he can play the swingman role at VFL level, still) and then throw him forward as we need him. Talia would've been my first choice too, but seems they just want him to make some ground in the VFL before getting him back into the seniors.

Was thinking about the forgotten one in Talia, what do people think of the idea of trying him as a forward?
He's probably the last of any of our upcoming defenders that I'd want to swing down forward - just seems to be built to be a defender.

I'm not quite sure where he's at in the VFL but if he's not going well, it couldn't hurt, could it?

I think Talia has some of the right attributes to make a forward, would rather we just recruit a forward to play forward but anyway :p

He's a big unit, very athletic, strong hands, smart player, and his kicking might not be as big an issue when you've got to get it between two big sticks instead of pinpoint to a moving player. You'd have to take it seriously though and train him there for a few months I reckon which is probably not worth it, he's a very good defender.

Talia as a forward?
I'm all for experementing and innovative ideas, but that's one that shouldn't happen.
He was thrown forward to man up on Fletcher and he was horrible, Fletcher kept getting free.
Surely his time has come to make his way back in the team with some good VFL form.

Post of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back