Prediction Changes v Carlton Round 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still a bit shocked how easily our midfield got beaten in the second half. I clearly rate our midfield better than the tigers especially without Martin, Prestia and no Cotchin in the last quarter. It should not happen we got outworked in desire so we need to put this in the memory bank if meet them in the finals.

So we need to bounce back against the team I hate the most in the competition even more than the orange. Keath needs to play on Harry even though he will be giving away height and weight. Cordy or Young cannot do the job.

No more losing the midfield WE HAVE THE BEST MIDFIELD IN THE COMP EVEN WITHOUT DUNKLEY JUST PROVE IT.

Changes

Outs Schache (Never again) given up all hope, Cordy, West, Duryea , Scott

Ins English, Young, VDM, McNeill, Wallis

JJ to the half back flank where he plays his best footy.

Curnivore

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Still a bit shocked how easily our midfield got beaten in the second half. I clearly rate our midfield better than the tigers especially without Martin, Prestia and no Cotchin in the last quarter.
I think a big part of why you lost was just ‘winners fatigue’, especially knowing that Dusty wasn’t playing. The Dees were showing the same symptoms but just happened to be playing North and not the Tigers. Watching the last quarter for you guys last week was gutting knowing we had you the week after. Still rate you guys premiership favourites, but was still hopeful of an upset against you guys because of our recent history; but coming off a loss we need McKay, Cripps and Walsh to all collectively have near personal greatest games to get up.

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
There is a huge difference between Bailey Williams trying to run through three opponents and Rhylee West burning his teammates to take a set shot for goal that was always outside of his range, and giving away multiple completely undisciplined free kicks in addition to playing poorly on top of that.

I don't disagree with your overall point and would be content to see him backed in, as I do think he can offer something, but this is a very tenuous comparison.

West had a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
I have listed West as one that should be dropped on performance - but if he is read the riot act and given a foot up the arse - then I'm happy for him to stay in as he develops his game. He has traits we need - but that needs to be the focus, eliminating the unnecessary stuff.

Is it the riot act or lack of awareness? The problem with blasting someone with the faults he displayed is they start playing hot potato which ends in turnovers when they get the ball. I don’t think he can stay up - needs to go back to the 2’s and practice finding the extra 1/2 second in decisionmaking where he can do less damage. Some of his work this week was just soul destroying. I hope he makes it but he’s clearly still a work in progress..

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Missing Dunkley ad a factor in our performance is a given.
Out schache in Chilli
Out west in McNeil
out lippy in vdm
out jj in butler
out Scott in Garcia

Smith can get his hands a bit dirtier on the inside with a chop out from Garcia as another option.

A few more changes than is ideal but it's only Carlton🙂

Cordy gets a life coz the midfield didnt do enough.
Chilli???

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Drop the player who had the second most clearances for us while playing the least amount of time in the mid. Had 23 disposals. He had more clearances than Bont, Smith, Treloar and equaled Macrae. The hate for Lipi just amazes me. Bont was worse than Lipi. He turned it over all night and missed a goal from 12 metres directly in front. Lipi is not quick and his defensive game is improving. Unfortunately he,hit the post from 45 out. I have watched him closely this year to see if any of the negative comments are valid and I have to disagree
Lipppa was fair on Friday, but he is a soft. He needs to get some mongrel in him. otherwise, he looks like a pretty boy. wouldn't it be nice to have Greene in our side. Wallis must come in. we need his experience and leadership in the team. now is the time. out Schache, west, jj and maybe Cordy for Williams or bukhu, the latter is still raw. in Wallis, English, vdm.

Harry McKay is dominating with 26 goals, but Carlton's next highest goalscorer is Gibbons with 6. Bevo might leave the backline unchanged (which makes me uneasy), instead of playing Young when we need a genuine tall defender.

Sweet deserves another crack. Don't know about English after that concussion.

I'd swap JJ and McNeil, bring in Weightman for West, so to sum up:

Outs: Schache, West, Cordy, JJ, Martin (if English is fit)

Ins: Sweet, Weightman, Young, McNeil, English (maybe)

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Harry McKay is dominating with 26 goals, but Carlton's next highest goalscorer is Gibbons with 6. Bevo might leave the backline unchanged (which makes me uneasy), instead of playing Young when we need a genuine tall defender.

Young isn’t close to a genuine tall defender that’s the problem

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Honestly West not passing that shot was bad, but i reckon fair chance that it gets picked off if he tries it anyway. There was a tiger perfectly placed between our two deepest and with Wests footskills it probably floats and gets spoiled out of bounds.

Definitely giving him another week, throwing him in there against the premiers in a role he doesn't play at the lower level is a bit rough. Gets one more shot

Scott not on the updated injury list today, likely to play this week then?
I think so. That was probably his best performance for the season so it'd be weird if he got dropped after that.
But selection night is nearly always weird out our way.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

At least we know who the major tall threat is now, so Keath will be his main opponent. In recent years, they've had 3 talls who were all hot and cold and we would often put our best kpd on the guy who wasn't necessarily the hottest on the night.

Anything to do with reduced interchanges?

I just think that in this comp you only have to drop off by two percent in intensity and you can be made to look second rate. Richmond coming off a loss is the worst opponent to do this against too.

The more you win the closer you get to a loss and we had spent a fair few pennies the week before against the orange.

Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Still a bit shocked how easily our midfield got beaten in the second half. I clearly rate our midfield better than the tigers especially without Martin, Prestia and no Cotchin in the last quarter. It should not happen we got outworked in desire so we need to put this in the memory bank if meet them in the finals.

So we need to bounce back against the team I hate the most in the competition even more than the orange. Keath needs to play on Harry even though he will be giving away height and weight. Cordy or Young cannot do the job.

No more losing the midfield WE HAVE THE BEST MIDFIELD IN THE COMP EVEN WITHOUT DUNKLEY JUST PROVE IT.

Changes

Outs Schache (Never again) given up all hope, Cordy, West, Duryea , Scott

Ins English, Young, VDM, McNeill, Wallis

JJ to the half back flank where he plays his best footy.

So...JJ keeps his spot but Duryea gets dropped?:think:

I’d give West another week, there’s the argument that he tried too hard to stamp himself on the game & went overboard. I think he’s better than last weeks showing. He’ll be calmer second up.

I would like to see controversial Ins and Outs with plenty of melts.

We have never won a game where the BF pack as a whole have been in agreement with the changes
Out: Bontempelli
In: Ayce Gardner

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I would like to see controversial Ins and Outs with plenty of melts.

We have never won a game where the BF pack as a whole have been in agreement with the changes
Pretty much. Last weekend was the first game this season where every change was pretty much spot on to what most of us wanted, and every player brought in basically served up crap.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What have we got to lose to drop Schache and play him in defence at VFL level and see how he goes. He never gets a gig as a forward at AFL again. Young, Cordy and Gardner are not good enough, Karmis not big enough and we have no spots available in the mid season draft.

Seems a no brainer to me 1% chance of it working against zero chance of him being an AFL standard forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back