Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I lowkey enjoy Tucker at the moment. A lot more of a presence than Stephens and Fisher. My number 1 seed of that shitshow.

Yeah apart from the howling error by foot in every game that robs us of momentum, he's pretty useful.

Its like he's got some sort of tic or something - must committ one shocking turnover per game!

Senior players will have to be chopped gradually over time, unfortunately. Long game.

Also, this is year one of a rebuild.

Clarko and Viney aim to make our rebuild as fast as possible by bringing in more and better senior players than Noble had.

They're also moving the magnets around a la Chom to the backline.

But its still truly week 6 of a rebuild, not year 6.

Yeah apart from the howling error by foot in every game that robs us of momentum, he's pretty useful.

Its like he's got some sort of tic or something - must committ one shocking turnover per game!
Poor bloke actually cares too. You can see he's gutted each time it happens (not sarcasm).

Honestly would be surprised if we made any changes other than Zurhaar in. Maybe Shiels as well if he's fit.

Clarko will want as much experience as possible for this one.

I also doubt Zurhaar plays unless 100 per cent fit.

Agree re experience prioritisation.

And also trying to find out what works and bed that in.

So last week it looked like Chom and Biggie worked well together - of course you run that out again.

(FWIW if Lewis not playing I reckon those two could have a nice day together, real confidence booster)

News from the club was a test Friday during our main session.
We’ll see. It’d neither be the first time a reporter got something wrong, nor the first time a club pretended an injured player was in the mix to complicate the opposition’s match day planning.

We’ll see. It’d neither be the first time a reporter got something wrong, nor the first time a club pretended an injured player was in the mix to complicate the opposition’s match day planning.
It was the only news place that said he was unavailable, 7 did the same story but said he was on light training Wednesday and tested Friday.

Media can’t be trusted with a lot of things.

So the Hawks have ruled out Breuuuust , Jiath & Lewis Mitchell … unless I’m missing someone that really leaves them with only Chol as their real tall forward . The rest are shorter than 180-185cm Or shorter . Unless they do a wildcard & send Sicily forward.
Question: Do we need to be playing all of Chom , Nyuon & Corr all in our back line ?
Don’t want to go in too tall & slow…
Thoughts ?
Corr is not tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Hardeman Biggie Archer
HB: Fisher Chom McDonald
C: Scott Powell Sheezel
HF: Duursma Sellers Ford
F: Curtis Larkey Drury

R: Xerri, LDU, Greenwood
I: Wardlaw, Phillips, Simpkin, Lazzaro
Sub: Tucker

Got to give Sellers another week. No good to bring a forward in for a week when we got completely towelled up and hardly saw the ball in the forward line. Got to build some connection between the team.
We are getting killed in the middle. Need Greenwood or Shiels in there to harden them up and Phillips to start distributing to advantage.
Time to move Sheezel up the ground. Hardeman, Fisher and Chom can get it moving out of the backline. Arch, McDonald and Biggie to lock down. If we are too tall at the back, Greenwood can swing into defence or they bring in Pink. Chom or Biggie can ruck in the backline.
Scott is a wingman, not a backman.

Stephens and Tucker are ok but it's time to have a look at a few others. I don't know they have much improvement in either of them. They don't have any x-factor and they are barely doing their job.

But should it be? Are we suggesting that standing behind a leader who regularly isn't performing is a positive quality? We're not talking about Greg Chappell or Mark Taylor here.
I am not suggesting anything other than how I believe the football club acts.

Jack had games where he should have been dropped.
Jy has had games where he should have been dropped.
Luke has had games where he should have been dropped.

It never happened.

So why would it now?

It is posting hopes and dreams.

I hope that in the next game we play Tyler Sellers turns into a Wayne Carey clone and Will Phillips becomes the second coming of Matty Larkin.

THey are both as seated in reality as us dropping a captain.

Corr is not tall.
With apologies to Dr Seuss.

In a town not so small, lived a man named Aidan Corr,
Who dreamed of soaring high, reaching up for more.
But alas, poor Corr is not tall, not even close,
His stature was rather modest, much to his morose.

He'd gaze up at the goals, stretching to the sky so blue,
And wish with all his heart, "Oh, if only I grew!
"But try as he might, with potions and with brews,
Aidan remained short, to his endless blues.

Yet Aidan didn't let his lack of height deter,
For he had a heart of courage, that much was clear.
He played for the Giants, somewhat ironically,
And convinced North Melbourne, height and skills aren't all they're cracked up to be.

He'd say with a grin, as he looked up with delight,
"Sure, I may not be tall, but I've got below average stats in sight!
For it's not about how high you stand, my friend,
But the career lows you reach, in the end."

So here's to Aidan Corr, not tall but below average, well… poo,
Showing us all, there's nothing he can do.

Last edited:
1713406252681.png

Some people suggesting this is a grudge match given the recent history between the two sides.

I wouldn't have thought so.

Personally I don't hold a grudge.

For me, a grudge is just where I pork my cor.

It was the only news place that said he was unavailable, 7 did the same story but said he was on light training Wednesday and tested Friday.

Media can’t be trusted with a lot of things.

Do we know what Rusty Jackson, who has the good oil on all things Hawthorn, knows about it?

Also, this is year one of a rebuild.

Clarko and Viney aim to make our rebuild as fast as possible by bringing in more and better senior players than Noble had.

They're also moving the magnets around a la Chom to the backline.

But its still truly week 6 of a rebuild, not year 6.
Nah not when you have the likes of LDU, Sheez, Phillips, Powell, Wardlaw, Ford, Goater, McKercher and Duursma. Plus plenty of other younger players that show promise in Bergman, Harvey, George, Biggy, Dawson and co.
That young talent takes years to put together. Of course the list still needs work but we should be knocking on the door of the 8 in 26.

His ball drop will always be his limitation. But his positioning is perfect for a winger and is usually there when we need him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back