Analysis Changes vs Weagles Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

I never usually complain about line-ups because I always assume the coaches and selectors know better than we do but I don't understand how both Scott and Mcomb get a gig over Cleary. Hopefully he's the sub.

Scott was great last week. Covered lots of ground and was involved in a few good transitions purely out of work rate/running capacity, when the game was getting tight.

His pressure is as good as any of our gun mids and he’s starting to look more confident every game he plays.

He’s a mile ahead of Cleary.

But, seeing as the play completely different roles, this is all pretty irrelevant.

I never usually complain about line-ups because I always assume the coaches and selectors know better than we do but I don't understand how both Scott and Mcomb get a gig over Cleary. Hopefully he's the sub.
You want McComb and/or Scott dropped for a defender in Duryea? If not, who are we bringing in for McComb and/or Scott?

So good to see three good players back in after so much injury carnage. Hopefully another clean bill of health this week and Smith straight back in for Geelong.

Duryea’s in our best 22 and Cleary is the obvious omission. The kid has been good but there’s no argument between those two as we approach the business end of the season.

Looking forward to being able to deploy English next to Naughton for stints again without conceding the ruck.

Team balance finally getting there. Just need Robbie and Anthony to go. Bevo usually starts listening mid year after sabotaging team selection for the first half. Come home strong and it is due to his brillant coaching. Would love west to get a few minutes as a midfielder. He could be pretty good with Sweet.

Can’t wait to read in the post game thread that our 8 goal thrashing of the leagues whipping boys is all because if the ruck structure our coaches have chosen.
Ok my dude… damn the 4 blokes on here who actually don’t want to see 2 rucks are wayyyy more annoying than the majority who do. Every chance you get hey

Team balance finally getting there. Just need Robbie and Anthony to go. Bevo usually starts listening mid year after sabotaging team selection for the first half. Come home strong and it is due to his brillant coaching. Would love west to get a few minutes as a midfielder. He could be pretty good with Sweet.
Think you might be disappointed expecting Scott to drop out of the 22 at any point. Pretty locked in now IMO.

Two rucks, two genuine marking forwards, 3 genuine tall defenders, 2 proper small forwards.

Damn ya love to see it, side looks really balanced. Baz back in for McComb, Hunter back in for Scott and JJ in for McNeil or West - pls

Two rucks.

You can almost bet that we'll lose now, just to prove us wrong.

Cleary out is a really poor decision in my opinion. I know Doc is a direct replacement but why not get games into a promising young player in a game we are overwhelming favourites.

No melting here…but McComb still in is a disgrace and I’m not following the club as of now.
1. Because we need wins, and big ones.
2. Lol.

cheeky reminder that if we somehow * this up we may NEVER see English and Sweet in the same 22 under Beveridge ever again. Anyways happy tidings, dogs by 74 so that we at least break even on the last time we played there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Kennedy is back in this week
18b6826b5e864a62e968590ce65b90f7

Cleary pretty unlucky but someone's gotta make way for Duryea, and now we've moved Williams up field, there's only so much shuffling you can do without completing stuffing up our structure.

Really optimistic on Cleary's future in the side. He'll become a permanent member of our 22 sooner rather than later, just doubt this is his year so long as Duryea is our best 1 on 1 defender and so important to onfield leadership

Can’t wait to read in the post game thread that our 8 goal thrashing of the leagues whipping boys is all because if the ruck structure our coaches have chosen.

Couldn’t possibly be as excited as me to read why whatever Sweet does wasn’t as good as Cordy’s 2 kicks and 4 hitouts and why everyone that wanted to give English and Sweet a go is an idiot.

Everything on the line this week for the competing truthers. Two go in, one comes out. May god have mercy on their souls.

Couldn’t possibly be as excited as me to read why whatever Sweet does wasn’t as good as Cordy’s 2 kicks and 4 hitouts and why everyone that wanted to give English and Sweet a go is an idiot.

Everything on the line this week for the competing truthers. Two go in, one comes out. May god have mercy on their souls.

No ones an idiot Tian. Go easy old fella.

McVomb reminds me of Gardner at the beginning. He was awful and people (myself included) thought he was a total spud, but the guy is improving each week, kicking the ball better, putting his body on the line and kicking two goals in each of the past two games.
I honestly must be watching a different player to some posters. Perhaps the player I unDerstand is Mcomb isn’t the same players others say he is because my assessment of him differs markedly.
With Gardener I always saw some upside but I just cannot see it with Mcomb. When the time comes to play a top team ( Melbourne or Brisbane) he will be found out big time. Come finals time cannot afford to have his poor disposal on display.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back