Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Defender or midfielder?

The correct answer is nothing.

That spineless pass off (with shocking execution) summed him up. Going nowhere. Take it upon yourself to kick a good goal, nope let’s defer.

Hack. Waste of a pick.
You're having a laugh surely...

He was better than most of the team today.

Hilariously bad take

Goddamn that’s harsh, was a tough angle

Let me guess, if he sprayed it you’d be saying ‘Doesn’t know his limitations. Clueless.’
Tough angle? Hardly. Slightly right of centre. And no, I want players to have a crack. Was approaching the 50. Full head of steam. Should’ve had a crack, literally nothing to lose. Instead he went for a dinky pass and missed Gollant by a lot.

Tough angle? Hardly. Slightly right of centre. And no, I want players to have a crack. Was approaching the 50. Full head of steam. Should’ve had a crack, literally nothing to lose. Instead he went for a dinky pass and missed Gollant by a lot.
He’s had a crack at those kind of shots in the past, and made them. One against NM last year comes to mind. Also, if he continues to play in defence (he should) he won’t be taking those kind of shots often

I think I can forgive those kinds of things when he generally has a clean game otherwise

You can be as clueless as it gets when you're upset

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Chayce is building into this season quite well. Might be worth entrusting him a big task soon to get him into the midfield for a rotation.

I.e. Go to Sam Walsh on Sunday and make him earn every single kick! If he only got 10-15 touches but stalemated the contest, i'd say that would be a massive win for us

I'd like to see him play a game as a midfielder.
We desperately need some speed through there.
TBH I think Chayce has been guilty of getting too much in his own head at AFL level, which IMO led to his false start in his 2nd year. So if I were Nicks and VB I wouldn't even tell him he was playing midfield.

Just move him in there on gameday with 1 or 2 simple instructions. Allow him to play instinctively and see if that highly rated junior mid with line breaking pace shows up, instead of the midfielder terrified of letting his player win at stoppages that we saw under Godden.

Bit of a gamble, but sometimes you have to surprise players to see what they really have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back