Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

He was actually very underwhelming in the u23 game. Was not making good decisions at all. Maybe you're talking about his last game, which was chalk and chayce.

Fixed

I was at the game. Chayce initially make a couple of mistakes including taking on the man on the mark. once he settled down he showed plenty of class. Let’s agree to disagree.

I don’t look at stats when assessing Kids, I look at how they react at key moments. After the under 23 trial, despite the Stengle and McAdam goals and the excitement of Ned (who will play AFL in the near future) I suggested that Murphy and Chayce were the most likely to play round one. I am pretty happy with my call.
Well picked on Jones in that U23 game.

I thought Ned was the standout from that game in regards to our kids. Based on his want to take the game on. Yeah he stuffed up a few times, but having the courage to try something when you first play at higher level is a big tick from me.

Pretty happy Jones looks to be playing round one though. His progression in the last two JLT games has been quite good.

Early days, but Haggis has done well with both first round picks IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2:30 mark in the first quarter and 11:45 mark in the second. It stood out to me that he was struggling with the speed of the game. It was good to see how much better he looked in the JLT's.
When judging young players, best to judge on how quickly they improve and willingness to compete. Few early mistakes mean nothing in the whole scheme of things in a potential 200+ gamer.

I’m pretty sure I saw a few mistakes in McCleod’s early games, and not a bad track record thereafter!

Chayce’s quick improvement over the U23/JLT games has got me drooling a bit!

When judging young players, best to judge on how quickly they improve and willingness to compete. Few early mistakes mean nothing in the whole scheme of things in a potential 200+ gamer.

I’m pretty sure I saw a few mistakes in McCleod’s early games, and not a bad track record thereafter!

Chayce’s quick improvement over the U23/JLT games has got me drooling a bit!
McLeod

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to be wrong on this one. Didn't think he had quite done enough. I wonder if he'd still be in if Seedsman and Brown had made it?

Either way, congrats Chayce :thumbsu: Make it a good one and put your name on the selection sheet in permanent ink!

He plays a different position to both of them, so I’m gonna say yes. Gallucci out is the one, but I think we would have picked Chayce ahead of Murphy anyway.

I hope to see Jones evolve with each game. Also I would like to see more of those 540 degree tackles, preferably one or more per game!

Happy to be wrong on this one. Didn't think he had quite done enough. I wonder if he'd still be in if Seedsman and Brown had made it?

Either way, congrats Chayce :thumbsu: Make it a good one and put your name on the selection sheet in permanent ink!
Nah they opened the door for Dmack. Chayce was always a chance up forward.

Girlfriend coming over. Have we heard this before? Get yourself a nice SA lass Chayce. Talia will sort it.:)

Last edited:
I hope to see Jones evolve with each game. Also I would like to see more of those 540 degree tackles, preferably one or more per game!
Yeah I think we can play all of Chayce, Knight, Gallucci and either Mcadam/Davis in the same team. Just means Mackay, Douglas and Murphy will be playing in the SANFL which I support. Add in Smith, Milera, Seedsman, Keath, BCrouch, Laird, Doedee, Atkins and Betts and we are a pretty pacey team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back