Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:
Sure they do.
And no it is not rape. We don't know the details yet. However..
you do seem to have made up your mind he is guilty or will treat him so even if cleared.rIght??

When I say rape I was referring to the article you posted in which Hawthorn players were accused of rape. I know De Goey's charge is sexual assault which is why I said assault is generally harder to prove.

I haven't made up my mind, I just stated that even if he is cleared it doesn't mean it didn't happen. If we ever get details about the case then I'll be able to make an informed decision on his innocence/guilt. There's a good chance that we (as the public) won't get access to the full story and evidence.

I was simply expressing my belief that there are many cases throughout the world where a guilty person is allowed to walk free. I don't know De Goey so how I treat him won't change at all regardless of the legal outcome.

Its the seriousness of the charges and whether you want him running out in your jumper every week before he’s found not guilty.

It’d be the same as the public face of any organisation. That’s what players are.

Not to mention what an absolute shitshow the whole episode is gonna be. Last week was a circus at Collingwood. What about this? The players and coaches don’t need it.

It’s not about legal guilt, it’s about reputation.
Jack de BeLin had his contract torn up and it’s just gone before the courts now

Someone gets charged with sexual assault, which suggests that there's a victim, and most of you blokes think it's a good opportunity to give Ed a whack?

Tossers.
Sorry mate, when has Eddie ever shut up over other clubs having similar issues?

Suckhole.

What I don't understand here - and the reason is Eddie's presence - is why the club would take sides in this with an undetermined outcome. Their statement takes the side of the player, why do this? They risking up in a bad place from doing this, for a player who has at least pretty questionable personal ethics.

Just say "It is a serious matter, before the courts, we understand that these can be complex issues, we support Jordan but we acknowledge his accuser has a right to be heard" Refer anything else to his lawyer and say you'll review his participation in the club football program later. Gives the media nowhere to go.
I think we (Geelong) handled the Steven situation almost perfectly by comparison. Ed was way out of line suggesting otherwise - everyone did not need or deserve to know everything all up front. And Carter gave Ed an extremely rare public whack as a result. I bet Ed feels like following a Geelong type model now!!

We have outstanding governance and leadership in such areas. Our president is the leader in this field. We do not give him enough credit for his input and what he brings to the club.

We supported Jack, protected confidentiality of all involved, worked with police and AFL, handled the media by sharing all they needed to know.

When I say rape I was referring to the article you posted in which Hawthorn players were accused of rape. I know De Goey's charge is sexual assault which is why I said assault is generally harder to prove.

I haven't made up my mind, I just stated that even if he is cleared it doesn't mean it didn't happen. If we ever get details about the case then I'll be able to make an informed decision on his innocence/guilt. There's a good chance that we (as the public) won't get access to the full story and evidence.

I was simply expressing my belief that there are many cases throughout the world where a guilty person is allowed to walk free. I don't know De Goey so how I treat him won't change at all regardless of the legal outcome.
Good to hear

Good to hear.

Is it sexual or indecent assault?

AFL Integrity unit investigated and cleared DeGoey

Police investigate and press charges

So the integrity unit could be found to be ******* useless if he is convicted

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't the police also clear him at the time?

What's this? Who is the second man, must be another AFL footballer ?

Its the seriousness of the charges and whether you want him running out in your jumper every week before he’s found not guilty.

It’d be the same as the public face of any organisation. That’s what players are.

Not to mention what an absolute shitshow the whole episode is gonna be. Last week was a circus at Collingwood. What about this? The players and coaches don’t need it.

It’s not about legal guilt, it’s about reputation.

I hear where you're coming from, but beg to differ.

Standing someone down on an allegation.
IMHO, that would set a dangerous platform for players.

So if the charges are dropped or he's found not guilty, the player and side suffers.

I'm not sure about what happened with Milne etc, but let justice run it's course.

If he's found guilty, he gets his punishment.

There's a lot of crazy fans/people out there.
I don't want to see players punished and careers ended on an allegation.

AFL integrity unit found Essendon Not Gulty back then too, there is no integrity in the AFL it disappeared when Vlad got the big carpet

Naked & drunk in public is against the law.
He was in his jocks he wasn't exposed. And being drunk in a public place is not a law unless you are causing trouble. You wouldn't have pubs if that was the case.

He was in his jocks he wasn't exposed. And being drunk in a public place is not a law unless you are causing trouble. You wouldn't have pubs if that was the case.
Yeah but being in your jocks drunk in a pub is against the law.

N

Just a terrible situation for JDG and the Pies to be in sadly so all we can do is let the courts decide on the evidence available.
What a rediculous statement on your behalf.
What about the situation the victim is/was in?
He's been charged yet you feel for JDG.

I don't think I expect Collingwood to stand him down for an entire season given we practice innocent until proven guilty. I believe I'd like it to happen if it was a player at my club, but appreciate the feelings could be different in such circumstances.

I do think that Collingwood could have avoided stating De Goey will remain in the program on the same day charges are laid, and rather said they'd wait to learn more before making their decision.

This would also have helped them to gauge public reaction and then either modify their decision or make the same one with the advantage of knowing how people felt and wording their statements accordingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back