Remove this Banner Ad

jayjones1

All Australian
Suspended
Dec 12, 2008
sa
AFL Club
Adelaide
When you belt a bottom side by 100 points does not mean you are a shoe in for the flag, all this says is that pies are 3rd best team maybe 4th and has yet to bet anyone above them hehe, sorry to say but cats and saints will both belt them come finals, pies dont have enough experience and to small body side to go anywhere yet maybe 2 years away from being serious.

Cheers for that.

I'm glad you sorted that out. Any other facts you wish to share?

When you belt a bottom side by 100 points does not mean you are a shoe in for the flag, all this says is that pies are 3rd best team maybe 4th and has yet to bet anyone above them hehe, sorry to say but cats and saints will both belt them come finals, pies dont have enough experience and to small body side to go anywhere yet maybe 2 years away from being serious.

In that whole paragraph, there actually isn't one fact.

Also, Geelong hasn't beaten anyone above them either...but Melbourne have.

Im sure this is a troll :eek::eek:

However, anyone from 2-8 are just making up numbers....

Collingwood have done well to get this far, but they are a quality KPP short at the front end IMHO. Unless Rocca comes back, but how would Medhurst, Didak, Anthony go against the Saints misely defence or Geelongs awesome mobile tall running defence...time will tell, but I think they are a season or 2 away from premiership success.

Malthouse has developed some serious talent in the last 2 seasons. :thumbsu:

Bulldogs were 3rd when we beat them, so yeah we did beat someone above us... who cares anyway, all we need to do is keep winning, and that is exactly what we keep doing (aside from the bad night against the Hawks).
I'd be interested to know who in particular are too 'small bodied' to play well in finals..

You ignorant troll it hasn't been any of our supporters starting the stupid thread's saying were the 2nd best team in the comp and we are St.kilda's only competitor in the finals time. Most of us no where we are in the grand scheme of things and much prefer us to slip under the radar.

small skinny body's FACT
To young FACT
Havent beaten Saints or Cats FACT

I have read the statement three times and still can't find a fact.
Ill tell you a few facts about North if you like, they have the worst list in the afl and let a great coach leave who got your average list into the finals last year which was amazing!

The only FACT is that other supporters can't stop talking or posting about Collingwood, desperately clutching at anything to placate their fears.

Collingwood supporters are just happy to watch you wriggle and squirm.

WE don't give a rats about Geelong or Saint Kilda until we actually have to play one of them...if we do that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, Geelong hasn't beaten anyone above them either...but Melbourne have.

Genuine lol, and also very good point!

I don't think people are saying Collingwood are genuine flag contenders merely because of a great win over Richmond. They've been doing very well for the past few months. They've only had one flat game during that period, and it was against a very motivated Hawks. I can definitely understand people placing Pies as the 2nd best team based on recent form.

That ^ is not a fact, its just your opinion

small skinny body's FACT
To young FACT
Havent beaten Saints or Cats FACT

Could say the exact same thing about your Adelaide Crows :rolleyes:

I have a bit of a problem with the 'small, skinny bodies' comment though. Lets do some size and age comparisons from 2009 games:

Round 3, Geelong vs. Collingwood
Geelong average size - 187.3cm, 89.2kg
Collingwood average size - 187.0cm, 88.3kg
Geelong average age - 25 years, 7 months
Collingwood average age - 24 years, 7 months
Verdict - we were hardly outsized, we were just outplayed by a more experienced outfit :mad:

Round 7, Collingwood vs. St Kilda
Collingwood average size - 188.1cm, 88.5kg
St Kilda average size - 187.0cm, 85.6kg
Collingwood average age - 24 years, 1 month
St Kilda average age - 25 years, 3 months
Verdict - we weren't outsized at all (particularly as Schneider and Milne kicked 9 goals straight between them), we were just outplayed by a more experienced outfit, just like last year's Semi Final :mad:

Round 15, Western Bulldogs vs. Collingwood
Western Bulldogs average size - 186.9cm, 89.0kg
Collingwood average size - 187.1cm, 87.5kg
Western Bulldogs average age - 26 years, 0 months
Collingwood average age - 24 years, 10 months
Verdict - we won, with youth on our side :D

Round 19, Adelaide vs. Collingwood
Adelaide average size - 186.7cm, 86.5kg
Collingwood average size - 187.5cm, 88.5kg
Adelaide average age - 25 years, 10 months
Collingwood average age - 24 years, 8 months
Verdict - we won, with youth and size on our side :D

We have a young team, but they don't really have 'small, skinny bodies'. Not significantly smaller than other supposed 'Premiership threats' like the Crows or Bulldogs, anyway.

Realistically, I don't we're not a genuine chance for the Premiership in 2009, and I think if most Pies supporters were honest, they'd agree. It's only media hype that makes it seem that way, just like it is with the Crows and Bulldogs. If either the Pies or Crows did somehow win it this year, it'd probably be 'ahead of time', just like Hawthorn in 2008.

Considering Collingwood are ranked 10th in their list's average age in 2009 (Geelong are 2nd, St Kilda 3rd, Bulldogs 5th, Adelaide 8th and Brisbane 15th), and around two thirds (31 out of 47) of our listed players are aged 22 or under (and most importantly, are talented as well as being young) I think we've got a bright future ahead of us, even if we don't win the cup in 2009 :D

So then your opinion on the Adelaide FC is that your about 4 or 5 years away from being a contender since they arent as good as Collingwood? :D

Have to rate Collingwood now after winning 11 of their past 12. I still rate Geelong ahead of them and i think Geelong v St kilda both at full strength would be very close

They are rating Collingwood as the 2nd best team because they have done very well the past 10 or so games and Geelong have not been doing very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back