Club Focus Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
This draft is apparently stacked though. I doubt we would trade away picks this year for say a 10 pick upgrade next year as the quality of player at those later picks is probably better this year than the earlier pick next year.
Every draft is stacked until around the end of the season, then we hear that no, the next draft is a superdraft!

Rich are in a very good position to carry out some robbery on Collingwood in the trade period this year.

Rusty Beam

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
This draft is apparently stacked though. I doubt we would trade away picks this year for say a 10 pick upgrade next year as the quality of player at those later picks is probably better this year than the earlier pick next year.
I just put those up as examples.

Obviously there would room to do other pick swaps etc (ie add later future picks or swap future picks) to balance it out.

You see it every year now. Clubs are willing to give up picks totalling a fair few more points if they can move significantly higher up the talent pool.

I don’t buy this super draft pick stuff either. It seems like every year is deemed a super draft until proven otherwise.

Bipolarbear

It's me, it's me it's BPB
Jul 29, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns
I thought Essendon might have ended Bucks' career, it was the perfect excuse to clean house but they chose not to take it.

thedog

Debutant
Aug 13, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just watching the Pies play my Roos in the VFL and Weideman is looking good now he’s put some size on and a beautiful kick for goal. Just wonder whether if he and Benny Brown (who it hurts to see him and Maj in dees colours) can play in the same team .

I looked and saw that Weideman is out of contract at the end of the year, surely Collingwood try and get him over to the team his grandfather was a premiership player and coached at and father played at. I know that Collingwood have not much trade assets and Melbourne would be playing hard ball but is it remotely possible?

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
You would surely need to be getting their first rounder next year to even consider any deal. Tigers will also need a "mini rebuild" on the run too. You are still contending right now but in 2-3 years you'll need that youth.
Richmond have 15 players from drafts that are yet to get games due to the success the club has had last 4 years
as well as having 6 picks inside 40 with 3 inside 25 this year.

Think this rebuilding that you mention has actually started 2 years ago whilst still winning
You wouldnt find many clubs that would have taken as many kids in the draft as Richmond whilst in the top 4

Go Woods

Premiership Player
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just watching the Pies play my Roos in the VFL and Weideman is looking good now he’s put some size on and a beautiful kick for goal. Just wonder whether if he and Benny Brown (who it hurts to see him and Maj in dees colours) can play in the same team .

I looked and saw that Weideman is out of contract at the end of the year, surely Collingwood try and get him over to the team his grandfather was a premiership player and coached at and father played at. I know that Collingwood have not much trade assets and Melbourne would be playing hard ball but is it remotely possible?
I’d put up Sidebottom & 3rd round pick, Dees add another classy mature player to their side, they are in the window now.

Corkie

Premium Gold
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Please for the love of god, play Moore in defence.

For me he is a player than wants to win the game for his team by saving it as a defender.

Not by trying to win the game by kicking goals in the forward line. It's a mindset thing.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Please for the love of god, play Moore in defence.

For me he is a player than wants to win the game for his team by saving it as a defender.

Not by trying to win the game by kicking goals in the forward line. It's a mindset thing.
But there is no point playing moore key back and he plays at AA levels. If his team can't kick goals

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He would be perfect for Richmond with his playing style

Maybe we should ask the question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Who will be the sacrificial lamb at the end of this season, My money is on De Goey leaving

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Draft pick order as at the end of Round 7:-

Richmond:- 13, 14, 23, 31, 45, 49.
Collingwood:- 38, 56, 74, 92, 110, 128.
Geez that’s not great. I know they get Daicos, but how many of those picks does that cost? They desperately need some young talent and not just Daicos.

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Geez that’s not great. I know they get Daicos, but how many of those picks does that cost? They desperately need some young talent and not just Daicos.

only 38 & 56 have points the rest are 0 points and the 2 picks have a total of 659 points
pick #3 is 2236 points if he is bid there ( but looking more like 1 or 2 )
- 20% they still need roughly 1800 points so they will be a fair few points short

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan, Celtic
all of them and their 2022 1st moves back
North would surely bid. The pies can't not match after their 2020 trading.

Sweet Jesus

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Draft pick order as at the end of Round 7:-
Wait, what?

They've got the Bulldogs' 2R, their own 3R and two 3R from Adelaide and Fremantle.

As it stands, that's four picks between 35 and 50. Still nowhere near enough to cover a bid at pick 1 or pick 2.

In theory, if they traded out a player for a pick in the 20s, that would go a long way to cover the points required for that without sending them into deficit next year.

Sweet Jesus

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Should trade out JDG for the picks to match the Daicos big plus something that allows them to chase Weidemann and one of Himmelberg, Finlayson or Riccardi.

cznsnowy91

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
all of them and their 2022 1st moves back
North would surely bid. The pies can't not match after their 2020 trading.
dunno if we will, but would be idiots if we didn't bid. They have given away their hand with the trade, 100% Gtd to match it if things stay as they are.

Remove this Banner Ad