Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you get up to last night?

"I created a fake account so I could make some people angry on an Internet forum"

Life's not really working out how you planned bigfootay89 is it bro?

Unfortunately OP bigtrollay89 won't be reading that (under this guise anyway). He'll be too busy catching up on his latest MENSA meeting minutes.

McClure tried to get this another run on SEN this morning - how can North get supporters interested and what if they can't land a big trade - and Watson just sounded bored. Didn't buy the premise of the question, saidthat last Friday was at least as much about St Kilda fans not showing up, and answered that if North are keen to get some exciting talent in they can either trade or draft to get it. Just like every one else.

McClure tried to get this another run on SEN this morning - how can North get supporters interested and what if they can't land a big trade - and Watson just sounded bored. Didn't buy the premise of the question, saidthat last Friday was at least as much about St Kilda fans not showing up, and answered that if North are keen to get some exciting talent in they can either trade or draft to get it. Just like every one else.

Stupid beaker-looking polesmoker.

This Tassie bullshit will get rehashed again on the footy show. I think the club needs to squash it

Of course it will, it'll be Purples exclusive. As soon as you eliminate media sources from your supporting life the easier it becomes. Start with Herald-Sun and anything to do with the 9 Network and you're on the right track. I know enough of what happens in house at my club to filter the BS from the truth and most fans who are close to their club are the same. As soon as the chips are down the vultures come and have a nibble, s**t we're getting them hovering over us now. Laugh it off and make sure to let muppets like Hutchy know about it when he's proven wrong.

See you all Saturday :)

So, if it's better having 4-5 players getting 25-ish possessions, rather than 1-2 getting 30+ possessions, how then do our numbers stack up? Still pretty low you'd think given our game style. I did note that BT, I think, commented on this on Friday night?!

I do think, however, that raw possession numbers aren't necessarily a good indicator of performance (or effectiveness), as much as they remain a good measure of involvement. Effective disposals would be better, perhaps combined with metres gained. Also, what's the kick:handball ratio? More handballs might indicate give and get stats.

To compare across teams, I think you'd need also to compare to overall team possessions per game, number of team possessions per goal (efficiency), and even number of contested/uncontested possessions per game to begin to compare apples with apples.

tl;dr? Are "possessions" all they're cracked up to be?

So, if it's better having 4-5 players getting 25-ish possessions, rather than 1-2 getting 30+ possessions, how then do our numbers stack up? Still pretty low you'd think given our game style. I did note that BT, I think, commented on this on Friday night?!

I do think, however, that raw possession numbers aren't necessarily a good indicator of performance (or effectiveness), as much as they remain a good measure of involvement. Effective disposals would be better, perhaps combined with metres gained. Also, what's the kick:handball ratio? More handballs might indicate give and get stats.

To compare across teams, I think you'd need also to compare to overall team possessions per game, number of team possessions per goal (efficiency), and even number of contested/uncontested possessions per game to begin to compare apples with apples.

Colossus-The-Forbin-Project-Remake.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go to the bye bye brad thread and you'll see a list of possies per goal for the teams this year in one of my recent posts.

Top 4 are all under 27 per goal. Top 8 all under 30 per goal. Outside the 8 only 3 under are 30 per goal. (Swans, Lions and us.) Adelaide are on top and they have the lowest possies per goal.

That is a heaps more relevant stat wrt possessions than how many times someone's got 30+ imo.

:tearsofjoy::D:pHahahaha isn't it funny Huge expansion of Arden street 2 ex players inducted into the hall of fame 1 of those legend status . Go * you're self Jabba you grotesque lump of s**t and all the * Whitt commentators including Beaker Meclure..... North made you look like a pack of * knuckles:):D

Yeah, nah. Thanks anyway.

There you go:

Adelaide 23.1 disposals per goal.
GWS 26.6
Geelong 25.4
Port 25.2
Melbourne 27.3
Richmond 29.0
West Coast 29.9

Dogs 35.3
St Kilda 33
Fremantle 33.5
Sydney 28.5
Collingwood 32.3
Gold Coast 31.2
Carlton 34.1
North 27.7
Hawthorn 38.5
Brisbane 29.8

Its tells a bit more of a story i reckon. Brisbane are outliers, but if you consider our close losses Sydney and North both look like the most efficient teams in the bottom 10 imo. (When we show up.)

Apart from that I'm surprised how well those numbers seem to reflect the ladder. I wonder if its that spot on every week?

Not sure why I bothered, but just watched The Footy Show up to the North vs Bulldogs game. Thought I'd see if they gave Hutchy's North to Tassie brain fart a run.

No, no they did not. In fact the only time they mentioned us in the entire segment was when Bec was closing it out with her tip she mentioned she hoped we would play better than last week because we were so boring. At least I know we are in fact playing - up to that point I thought it might have been Bulldogs vs Bulldogs playing at Etihad on Saturday night.

Not sure why I bothered, but just watched The Footy Show up to the North vs Bulldogs game. Thought I'd see if they gave Hutchy's North to Tassie brain fart a run.

No, no they did not. In fact the only time they mentioned us in the entire segment was when Bec was closing it out with her tip she mentioned she hoped we would play better than last week because we were so boring. At least I know we are in fact playing - up to that point I thought it might have been Bulldogs vs Bulldogs playing at Etihad on Saturday night.

League Teams wasn't much different. All Dogs talk.

Serves you right for watching that steaming pile of turd masquerading as entertainment.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back