News CONFIRMED - McCarthy traded to Brisbane for pick swaps

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-09-21/mccarthy-requests-trade

Lincoln McCarthy met with the club today and advised that he would like to continue his career with the Brisbane Lions. As such the club will meet with the Lions during trade period to explore a trade that is acceptable to both parties.

McCarthy debuted with Geelong in 2012. He has kicked 25 goals in his 29 games in the navy and white hoops.

Lions future third rounder for McCarthy and our pick 56 this year we accrued for F/S but likely won't need now. About the best we could do I'd say. We don't want another late pick this year. Start the negotiating at future third but I doubt they will cough it up for McCarthy only.

I liked the kid and thought that he had some ability, but it may be good for all concerned that he moves on. We cannot seem to be able to get him on the park. He will make room for another kid who will hopefully have better luck with injury.

Can’t see this hurting us given his body.

I am surprised the Lions are keen really.

Lincoln is best mates with a player that Brizzy are try to lure out of Freo.

He’s been the exact type of player we’ve needed but never able to show it on field. Good luck to him but I’m glad the club is moving on players that can’t get on the field through selection or injury.
A future pick would probably be ideal

This might have something to do with Jimmy Bartel working in our recruiting department. Rumours were he had been monitoring someone all season.

This might have something to do with Jimmy Bartel working in our recruiting department. Rumours were he had been monitoring someone all season.
He has talent. You just need to get his body right. Our medical staff never could but alot of us don't have too much faith in them to be honest...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5800061842_63a412f968.jpg

Firstly, he goes on the open market. If another club wants him we get Brisbane to match. Secondly, this is bait for Lachie Neale, and the club must make Brisbane pay accordingly.

Firstly, he goes on the open market. If another club wants him we get Brisbane to match. Secondly, this is bait for Lachie Neale, and the club must make Brisbane pay accordingly.
Not sure there's going to be much competition for him - if we put him on the open market & there's no other bites, Brisbane turn around and say they'll pick him up in the PSD and we get nothing.

Rather just get the deal done quickly and sorted by the end of the first day of trade time

Not sure there's going to be much competition for him - if we put him on the open market & there's no other bites, Brisbane turn around and say they'll pick him up in the PSD and we get nothing.

Rather just get the deal done quickly and sorted by the end of the first day of trade time
We just keep talking to Brisbane on the basis it's going ahead, but this announcement de facto puts him on the open market already; we don't have to do anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back