List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Why is The Poo rated so highly on here for our first, when we have Pick 2, and The Poo barely makes the top 5 of any phantom draft?

Is it just because y'all want another first rounder?

Just draft Sheezel and be done with it. Your average HFF doesn't rack up the touches the way he does, and he hits the scoreboard far more than the last bloke we picked with a top 5 pick.

The Poo is an underager. Born five days later he wouldnt be in this draft. If he continues improving he'd be a top 3 pick next year.

And yes, we could land him with pick 6 or 7 and get another quality kid in as well.

Plus he is a player you could rebuild a list around. Sheezel is a flanker, say as good as Bruest. Do you rebuild with a flanker or a 192 cm mid who can play forward?

That is the debate Phillapou v Sheezel.

Before considering go home factors.

At pick 2, I'm happy with Cadman or Sheezel. Honestly think both would be hugely beneficial to us.

Cadman, works so hard up the ground he becomes a relief kick from defence and helps the midfield. Then gets forward to impact.

Sheezel, gun small forward which we all know. Seen him play midfield and was amazing, great skills by foot and hand. Thinks quickly and is really dangerous.

Wardlaw, ticks so many boxes but his injuries are of too much concern when we need to nail this pick.

Trading back there are two I really like in Mackenzie and Phillipou. Both these guys fit our needs more for midfield. But it would depend what extra value we could get by trading back.
Phillipou really is the type we need most, balanced midfielder that is damaging. But his injuries also worry me.
Mackenzie is cream on top midfielder, you need good contested mids around him and he's your elite ball use streaming out of stoppages will shine.

It's a tough call, our two obvious choices have had injury worries which is so frustrating.

Wouldn't expect much from Jilliams given Billiams has had 4 years in the system now and is still borderline not AFL standard, even with his supposed athleticism.

Feel like Jack is a better forward than Bailey, and Bailey is obviously a better ruck. So choose ya poison for the 40% of game time Nicnat is on the bench.

Why is The Poo rated so highly on here for our first, when we have Pick 2, and The Poo barely makes the top 5 of any phantom draft?

Is it just because y'all want another first rounder?

Just draft Sheezel and be done with it. Your average HFF doesn't rack up the touches the way he does, and he hits the scoreboard far more than the last bloke we picked with a top 5 pick.
Yeah agree with this. Just go for the best player possible. Poo might end up being a star but we don't know and he has had inconsistent issues during some of his matches.

Sheezel has shown through almost all his matches. It's consistentcy and this draft especially that pick we can't afford to screw up. Sheezel is a guarantee going to a be a star of the comp. It's an easy decision. Sheezel for pick 2 but if Kangas pick him we go for Wardlow or Cadman as he they are equally consistent. Both are going to be good players. Poo is a slight risk and at pick 2.

Last edited:
why would he leave - young developing list, Bud with only a year left, finals bound, and a great lifestyle
Don’t think perth residents realise how much better Sydney is as a city than perth. The only possible reason to go back is family. Otherwise Sydney is better in every way (when on a pay packet they are on)

Don’t think perth residents realise how much better Sydney is as a city than perth. The only possible reason to go back is family. Otherwise Sydney is better in every way (when on a pay packet they are on)

Swans are keen on Logan's brother in this draft who looks pretty good at Subi colts .

Do you rebuild with a flanker or a 192 cm mid who can play forward?

The last time we were s**t we went with a ruckman (Pick 2) a half back flanker (Pick 7) and a wingman (Pick 4) with our first rounders. And Masten.

I think you're selling Sheezel short by describing him as a half forward flanker.

... Against Tasmania in round four ... he kicked 6.2 from 28 disposals ... In round nine against the Northern Knights ... he had 37 disposals ... and the following week against the Western Jets when he kicked three goals and had 33 touches.

Last week, ... Sheezel kicked 4.2 from 22 disposals in a polished display against the Oakleigh Chargers.

Has The Poo had any games like that? Let alone three (up until that point in the season anyway, pretty sure he's had games with similar numbers since)? Genuine question.

Half forward flankers don't rack up 37 possessions.

The last time we were s**t we went with a ruckman (Pick 2) a half back flanker (Pick 7) and a wingman (Pick 4) with our first rounders. And Masten.

I think you're selling Sheezel short by describing him as a half forward flanker.

Has The Poo had any games like that? Let alone three (up until that point in the season anyway, pretty sure he's had games with similar numbers since)? Genuine question.

Half forward flankers don't rack up 37 possessions.
He’s done alright

1663986213385.png

Also had 13 and 3 goals in the sanfl reserves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Humid as

Obscene car traffic

Obscene house prices

Presume beaches are average?

No thank you

I dont pretend to be a draft watcher but why would we draft a small fwd at 2 no matter how talented he is? If he can't play midfield, he isnt worth pick 2.

And for the argument of Wardlaw/Cadman. A young gun with consistent hammies, and Cadman with slight questioning on his kicking. I say down trade pick up 2 of Mackenzie, Clark or Phillipou.

Next year Reid is on the board and we're probably be bottom four again to get him or go ridiculous hard for Logan in 2024.

Allan / Reid or Allan / McDonald getting delivered lace out by Culley, Phillipoou, Mackenzie, Chesser and Robertson.

If you a top tier player getting $700,000+, Sydney would probably be the best city in Australia to live

Amazing lifestyle and nobody would bother you, any wonder Buddy loves it up there, and Dusty is looking to join him. They can live their best life, largely uninterrupted

Chad Warner has two undrafted brothers and I didn't think either of them were eligible for the draft this year.

Fremantle should get Jed Anderson from North in the Logue/Tucker deal. No chance he stays at North with Clarkson coming

I dont pretend to be a draft watcher but why would we draft a small fwd at 2 no matter how talented he is? If he can't play midfield, he isnt worth pick 2.

And for the argument of Wardlaw/Cadman. A young gun with consistent hammies, and Cadman with slight questioning on his kicking. I say down trade pick up 2 of Mackenzie, Clark or Phillipou.

Next year Reid is on the board and we're probably be bottom four again to get him or go ridiculous hard for Logan in 2024.

Allan / Reid or Allan / McDonald getting delivered lace out by Culley, Phillipoou, Mackenzie, Chesser and Robertson.

Sheezel can play Midfield. Was watching these highlights of him and his actually not that small. Reminds me a bit of Pendlebury height wise.

They use him pinch hit half forward flanker/midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back