List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Is this the new "They're not gonna pick him"?

Why on earth would North give up that much to slide back 2 picks??

That trade makes zero sense for North.
Slide back? They keep their pick 1 and also get pick 3 was that not clear?

Is this the new "They're not gonna pick him"?

Why on earth would North give up that much to slide back 2 picks??

That trade makes zero sense for North.
Since when have north done anything that made sense?

Oh right, F1st. I read that as pick 1, lol.

No way they do it though.
No worries. As I said, Lachie Weller to GCS areas. Watch Gettable today and tell me that Brady, Thursfield and Clarko haven’t all gone from 6 to midnight and remained there ever since.

No worries. As I said, Lachie Weller to GCS areas. Watch Gettable today and tell me that Brady, Thursfield and Clarko haven’t all gone from 6 to midnight and remained there ever since.
They would probably be more likely to split, a lot will depend on where they rank them at the end of the year. Would still need a projected top 5. Richmond could be the option for them if they get all these first round picks they are projected to get.

They would probably be more likely to split, a lot will depend on where they rank them at the end of the year. Would still need a projected top 5. Richmond could be the option for them if they get all these first round picks they are projected to get.
They might split but ironically given their undersized midfield they may see Smillie as the final piece of that puzzle as absurd as it sounds, especially if they are likely to lose LDU. Then they’d need another top 5 pick for Trainor at this rate. Not sure what you mean by the projected top 5 or all the 1Rs they are going to get? They will have pick 1 then probably an end 1R for Zuurhar at best then their natural 2R?

He might get one more but it'd be purely as cover for an injury. Once Oscar is back he goes out with the form Snake is in.

I’d like to see JD retire at the end of the season, so the younger players can get games ..
I think the time is right as we have Oscar and Jake with enough experience to be leaders and then we have Jack Williams, Maric ,Culley and Barnett clamping at the bit to be regulars .. Do we get too see Bailey Williams as a fwd when Flynn overcomes his injury..
Also youngsters Archer Reid and Coen Livingstone who will be keen to get a few games next year as well .,

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d like to see JD retire at the end of the season, so the younger players can get games ..
I think the time is right as we have Oscar and Jake with enough experience to be leaders and then we have Jack Williams, Maric ,Culley and Barnett clamping at the bit to be regulars .. Do we get too see Bailey Williams as a fwd when Flynn overcomes his injury..
Also youngsters Archer Reid and Coen Livingstone who will be keen to get a few games next year as well .,

Players on big coin rarely retire while they still have a contract.

Say Jack's on $750 000.
Why would it be in his interest to walk away from that?

Gaff's probably in the same boat.

We'd have to be so dumb to give him an extension now, if he gets to the end of next year and has earned an additional year I'm ok keeping him on.
But he won't.
Let's hope the appointment of Pyke will reduce the likelihood of that.
Hopefully no more knee jerk reactions such as giving Mutimer a 2 year extension after a few good WAFL performances and no AFL games to his name.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might split but ironically given their undersized midfield they may see Smillie as the final piece of that puzzle as absurd as it sounds, especially if they are likely to lose LDU. Then they’d need another top 5 pick for Trainor at this rate. Not sure what you mean by the projected top 5 or all the 1Rs they are going to get? They will have pick 1 then probably an end 1R for Zuurhar at best then their natural 2R?
Richmond could be the team North split with. Richmond are the most likely to trade up with any team looking to get out of the first round for points (Brissy and Carlton F/S) they are also likely to get a late first for Baker and if Dan Rioli goes to the Suns, they’ll get another.

I will be watching Sid Draper closely when he comes back for the carnival. His point of difference is his kicking. What are the Crows likely to do? I can see them finishing in the 9 to 13 range on the ladder meaning they will be holding a pick around 7 to 10. Would they come hard if we are to have pick 3/4. It is looking like Smillie and O'Sullivan then daylight and while there will be good options at that level, I can see a pretty even cluster. Would we take pick 7/10 and their future first (I expect Crows scrape into finals next year) for 3/4 and our future second? I'd probably want a bit more like their F3. Crows would be patting themselves getting 2 Adelaide home grown first rounders.

A long way to go but 7-9 could get us Moraes, Trainor, Travaglia or Hotton or a KPD (just to piss off a certain poster). Plus we get two first rounders in 2025. Alternatively, Gold Coast could be interested in trading one of their R1 this years (I expect both will be around 7 to 10) for the Crows R1 in 2025. We can chuck in one of their much loved R4 picks if need be.
Or...let's say we have pick 3 they have 8.

3 and F3rd for Curtin and 8!!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to see us trade JD. Has a year to run. Might get an early 3rd rounder for him to a team like saints, norf, dees.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

2025 would be Darling’s 15th year on the list. The only player to ever stay on longer than that is Hurn.
I think you're forgetting Fraser McInnes' 17 year stint with us.

Say Jack's on $750 000.

I was responding to speculation that he was out of contract this year ..

Say Jack's on $750 000.

Why could we not just have them retire, but still pay them out, effectively just freeing up a list spot for some rookie. We would be copping the financial hit, but if the intention is to not play them anyway there would be no loss

If we delist Trew at the end of the year, we will need a new 20-something mid to be the main guy in the WAFL. Dev could be our new Trew

Remove this Banner Ad

Back