List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
My issue with MSD, if there is no standout prospect, it potentially robs us off a spot in the ND.

These are the players out of contract end of the year:

witherden
Gaff
Burgiel
Yeo
Barnett
L Edwards
Jack williams
H edwards
J jones
J culley -- rookie
Baker -- rookie
rotham
Rawlinson -- rookie
Trew -- rookie
Dewar -- cat B

Assuming we want to bring in 2 players via trade and or FA (ie. Buss and perryman)
Then probably a minimum of 3 in the ND.

Thats 5 we need a mainlist spot for.

From the above

Gaff and JJ look like most obvious cuts

yeo and Jwilliams priority renewals

Witho, rotham and Ledwards seem like options but are all in the 22.

Burgiel, Barnett, culley to me seem like guys we should persist with. Culley may be required to go main list?

Dewar im assuming needs to be upgraded to main rookie list ?

I think baker and trew will be gone.
Maybe rawlinson to if dewar is upgraded.

Hedwards is a tricky one. He is okay depth and could be more. But feels like he goes or CJ gsts moved to rookie list to open a main list spot.

I also think we should pay out sheed and call it a day. But i doubt the club feels the same way.

Anyway long story shirt, as crazy as it sounds i dont think opening up 5 main list spots is as clear cut as we think and msd loses us even more flexibility in that regard.

That being said if there is a kid with upside i still hope we have a crack. Just not sure a ruscoe type is worth the increased inflexibility.
Delist
Witherden, Gaff, L Edwards, Jones, Rotham, Baker, Trew, Baker

Delist and possibly rerookie
H Edwards, Rawlinson

1 year contract
Burgiel, Culley

2 year contract
Yeo, Barnett, Jack Williams

Cat B another year
Dewar, Livingstone

As far as delistings go it will obviously be tied to how many list spots we need. The only player of the 8 above I’d even give the slightest of second thoughts to is Rotham depending on our trade and draft acquisitions. The rest I’d rather have open list spots for the SSP/MSD than have them on the list.

Delist

H Edwards, Rawlinson

1 year contract
Burgiel, Culley

2 year contract

Cat B another year
Dewar, Livingstone

As far as delistings go it will obviously be tied to how many list spots we need. The only player of the 8 above I’d even give the slightest of second thoughts to is Rotham depending on our trade and draft acquisitions. The rest I’d rather have open list spots for the SSP/MSD than have them on the list.

I feel like Rotham is playing himself into contention to leave as a UFA.

Wonder if a club comes for him in the second part of the year.

I’m not sure why everyone is keen to delist Baker. Isn’t he still a cat B rookie? If that is the case then Delisting him doesn’t free up a list spot unless we have someone in mind to bring in as a cat b rookie.

Some goss that if Baker decides to come to west coast it would not involve picks. More likely to include a player.

Someone on here from a 3rd club said Tiges had asked about chesser but I don’t think it will be him or anyone of our young players.

I wonder if we’d consider trading Bailey back to Victoria given we have Flynn, and have young developing ruck stocks and decent forward stocks.

Would leave us very exposed if Flynn went down next year.
Where are you hearing this? A player swap for Baker is far more appealing than draft capital. The players I’d like to see made available for a Baker trade in order would be:

1. BWilliams
2. Petch
3. Culley (although unlikely to hold currency)
4. Burgiel (although unlikely to hold currency)

Good and gettable replacements for BWilliams would be Ned Moyle or Nick Bryan and as I’ve said all year we should be getting value for him whilst it is arguably at its highest. The above is dependent on Flynn playing the rest of the year injury free.

Where are you hearing this? A player swap for Baker is far more appealing than draft capital. The players I’d like to see made available for a Baker trade in order would be:

1. BWilliams
2. Petch
3. Culley (although unlikely to hold currency)
4. Burgiel (although unlikely to hold currency)

Good and gettable replacements for BWilliams would be Ned Moyle or Nick Bryan and as I’ve said all year we should be getting value for him whilst it is arguably at its highest. The above is dependent on Flynn playing the rest of the year injury free.

I’m just a Melbourne based gossip monger.

What I heard, on here and around the traps is Richmond would ask for players if Baker requested a trade for us as it’s considered unlikely we would split our first.

More so planning on Tiges side than anything else.

The rest is speculation. Except someone on here said chesser was a player of interest. Which is why I asked bond about him the other day.

I don’t think Petch and Burgiel have the capital. But Burgiel does feel like a very Richmondy player.

Culley would be a huge loss if it wasn’t him pushing for a trade. Might not be the player we all hoped, but he’s one of the best blokes to have around from the looks and still has a lot of time to show us what he can do.

Delist

H Edwards, Rawlinson

1 year contract
Burgiel, Culley

2 year contract

Cat B another year
Dewar, Livingstone

Witherden has been pretty good this season.. brave even. Can't see him being delisted
Luke Edwards however just doesn't seem like he'll make it

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Witherden has been pretty good this season.. brave even. Can't see him being delisted
Luke Edwards however just doesn't seem like he'll make it

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Witherden was out of favour at the beginning of the year, came in and has done well.

His future depends on how guys like Burgiel progress, and what happens with Baker.

I can see us holding off on an extension on Witherden until after trade period, and if we snare Baker letting Witherden go.

We only have 3 picks this year as it stands.

F2nd Busslinger
BBW for Baker
3x ND picks
1x Rookie

Can see us only turning over 6 spots this year

Witherden, Rotham, Jones, Gaff, Trew, LEdwards would be my guess

Collard won’t stick around. He looks like he’s rather be anywhere else.
Zero input up to half time on Sunday for Sandy. I reckon he’s got the sooks big time.
Having said that I’d still play him this weekend.

A bit bored so doing the rounds on club boards.

This from Saints board re: Collard.

It was always a risky choice, but SOS loves his small forwards from WA NGA’s.

What happened to Sanchez from last years draft. Would he be a possible msd candidate or has he not shown anything.

View attachment 1989627

My post from November last year on Collard. Having gotten to know Harvey over the course of the year Ross can gagf!

Whopper is a ripper kid by the looks of it and looks very popular.

I’m huge on him. He reminds me of a quicker early days Mcluggage.

He has a footy brain. Knows where to be.

Whopper is a ripper kid by the looks of it and looks very popular.

I’m huge on him. He reminds me of a quicker early days Mcluggage.

He has a footy brain. Knows where to be.

Looks like the type of kid you just want to grab by the head & give an unwanted cuddle hey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fellow Subi player's Dewar, Ryan and Brockman will talk him in to coming back, it's a matter of when imo
We’ve got a great culture for indigenous boys and he’d be welcomed with open arms. In saying that Freo will probably be after him too having just lost Henry and Schultz. I believe he grew up supporting them and they’ll certainly have the draft capital this year if he did seek a trade home.

We’ve got a great culture for indigenous boys and he’d be welcomed with open arms. In saying that Freo will probably be after him too having just lost Henry and Schultz. I believe he grew up supporting them and they’ll certainly have the draft capital this year if he did seek a trade home.

Do we still maintain any interest in Erasmus?

It has certainly gone very quiet.

Unrelated, English looks all but deffinetly staying. Lobb is seen as depth too good to pass up. If any one of Darcy, English, Marra or Naught go down we are left with bringing up Croft, L.Smith or getting Gardner to play forward or Ruck.

Dogs board saying English is staying, which is brilliant for us.

Oh im not saying they would. Just as a overall example

Hatley for example would be smart to try get to North in their 2nd pick as opposed to us is the more clear example
Why ? Norf is stacked with mids we are not .
We had luke Edwards and sheed at centre bounces last game

We’re very keen on Baker, Baker is very keen on us.

We aren’t keen on trading significant draft capital to get it done.

Baker won’t go through PSD.

The only way we can get the deal done is by including a player in the trade.

Richmond have had long term interest in Duggan going back to to his draft year, but apparently he is about to resign.

Chesser, ReidX2, Long would be off the table.

I think Culley would be off the table as well.

Burgiel doesn’t have the trade value.

Cant see any of our WA/SA blokes being interested.

Really only leaves BWilliams.
Harry Edwards. Their key back stocks are old and cooked . Gibcus can't get on the park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back