List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
In this draft with the players available (and tampering going on) I actually do believe pick 2 is worth roughly 8 & 12, particularly for a non victorian side.

As a member and supporter of the club I wouldn't be happy with just that but doing what I am now in this draft, If i was West Coast I wouldn't be opposed to it as long as something meaningful is coming in for rioli preferably with 38 going out as steak knives to someone.

Only interested in taking 5 picks in the draft and 5 inside 29 (including 3 potential/likely bids in there) I would be happy with. If as it stands we end up with 8,12,19,20,26 then I would be very happy with that.

As a west coast supporter what I don't like is having ******* Geelong 1 pick ahead of us twice in the draft.

When you say tampering are you talking about kids basically stating they don’t want to go interstate? Or is it something else?

Anyone else think we're not really getting good value by splitting pick 2 into 8 and 12?

Discuss.
Lol agree. It's making me angry.
We need one more teen pick into it for it to work for us. It's lowballing us right now.

They need to throw in another pick 15-19 with it for pick 2 for it to be worth it.

Anyone else think we're not really getting good value by splitting pick 2 into 8 and 12?

Discuss.

View attachment 1529951

I remember Nesbitt saying at one point that it was our plan to go into the draft with 5 picks in the top 30 to hasten our rebuild. Achieving this would be a good outcome.

Strongly disagree with this.
Our pick 2 isn't asking for a trade to leave us. We have it if this is all that's offered to us.
The best we can get right now is not do the trade at all and keep what we have.
Right now I don't think pick 8 and 12 for pick 2 is good enough. It's a joke.
Pick 8 12 and 15 would be at the very least. As it stands right now it's not enough and we should walk or wait for better offers.

Pick 2 for 8 12 15
And Rioli for Ports future first.
We come out firm winners.
That's what some of these clubs don't get. We have to come out firm winners. We hold all the cards in this so cough up or we don't deal.
I'd do that.

Pending War Lords medical

It sounds like there’s only a couple of teams pushing the deal. Hopefully we’re just at the table to listen to the offers and aren’t really interested at all unless we’re getting a big package back.

I feel like we’d regret not taking Wardlaw more than we would if we didn’t take the 3 firsts and the next Fyfe was one of them.

The best mid in the draft is literally falling into our lap (assuming the North links to Cadman are accurate), we shouldn’t be giving that up for a “fair” trade that benefits everyone”

We only give up pick 2 to solve our own problems.....not other clubs problems.

If we end up with 8, 12 and Ports future 1st for 2 and Rioli that is a good deal imo.

8 and 12 is basically two pick 10's and likely pick 10 next year in a stronger draft.

8 and 12 likely gets two of Busslinger, Phillapou, Humphrey, Hewett or Ginbey.

Three of those are highly rated WA kids. Two could be better of equal to Wardlaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strongly disagree with this.
Our pick 2 isn't asking for a trade to leave us. We have it if this is all that's offered to us.
The best we can get right now is not do the trade at all and keep what we have.
Right now I don't think pick 8 and 12 for pick 2 is good enough. It's a joke.
Pick 8 12 and 15 would be at the very least. As it stands right now it's not enough and we should walk or wait for better offers.

Pick 2 for 8 12 15
And Rioli for Ports future first.
We come out firm winners.
That's what some of these clubs don't get. We have to come out firm winners. We hold all the cards in this so cough up or we don't deal.

4 1st round picks for 2 and Rioli?

That won't happen.

8 and 12 plus Ports F1st is more equitable.

Averages out to 3 pick 10's.

Ultimately it's none of our concern but 12, 15 and 19 belong to GWS. If we are giving up 2, Rioli and 26 or 38 what is enticing them to the table?

I am good with the 8, 12, 15 deal but I still don't see enough value on the table for GWS to part with 3 and 12 and 15.

I think GWS is sick of the, 'draft 3 x high draft picks each year, watch them leave for less in 2-3 years because GWS can't pay or play them' merry-go-round.

Only a hunch, but I would think they want a better balanced list both positionally and between high end picks/rookies/lower picks.

So pick 1 is worth more to them than us, who simply need more young talent everywhere.

We could be looking to package a couple of these picks up for Jackson while banking a future first.

12 and 15 probably beats Freo’s offer.

Gets us Jackson and a mid at 8, plus having picks in the 20’s…unlikely tho

If we turned 2 into 8+12+18 for example.

Then gave Melb 8+18 for Jackson (who i think is legitimately zero chance to come to West Coast mind you)

We could hit the draft with 12, 20, 26, 39 and Jackson.

The whole thing looks much better. Even if we lost pick 20 or 26 in the process. Still having that pick 12 could potentially be Hewett.

Agree that looks ok - but I just dont see how we have the salary space for Jackson. His money is ridiculous - its a pipe dream

We only give up pick 2 to solve our own problems.....not other clubs problems.

If we end up with 8, 12 and Ports future 1st for 2 and Rioli that is a good deal imo.

8 and 12 is basically two pick 10's and likely pick 10 next year in a stronger draft.

8 and 12 likely gets two of Busslinger, Phillapou, Humphrey, Hewett or Ginbey.

Three of those are highly rated WA kids. Two could be better of equal to Wardlaw.
Yeah but the best player in the draft could also come in the second round too. The chances are just much slimmer.

I haven’t seen Wardlaw drop out of anyone’s top 2 or 3, but 6-10 you could put a hat over. So we’re taking 2 players and one of them might be as good as Wardlaw.

That to me is why I want some massive f*ck off deal or we take him (pending medical etc). We aren’t as desperate as the others and have a fall back option.

We need to be doing the Rioli deal first then seeing if we can package picks to move up to that range, not trade backwards with our most valuable piece first. Do it separately and see what else is out there.

As has been said multiple times over the last few pages. We need to come out of this trade feeling like the clear winner otherwise we should walk. We one of the ones that don’t need to be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back