List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Luke Jackson is a weird player to me, he could very well just end up being a great secondary ruck who’s good below his knees

I do not see him being a bonafide superstar leading ruckman, he’s not a very good forward or defender either

I understand his resume is impressive for his age, I just don’t know how much room for growth he has in the ruck department due to him being undersized height wise

I don’t think he’s a sure thing to be a superstar like others seem to think

Common sense post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks like a version of a campaigner.

Which he is.
Must be like looking in a mirror eh? ;)

V3JmsgX.gif

Let’s be real - our Jackson chances are low. I think all parties know it - if it costs the Purples more draft capital then great.
I agree with the takes he’s a classy young bloke that is a high end jack of all trades. Perfect for Team Purple.

Pieman has made clear we’re happy to split our 2 and it’s probably a good call. If no suitable offers come our way then we take Cadman or Wardlaw.

The question remaining is what do we get for Rioli now the Teal Scum got rid of his approximate worth.

Let’s be real - our Jackson chances are low. I think all parties know it - if it costs the Purples more draft capital then great.
I agree with the takes he’s a classy young bloke that is a high end jack of all trades. Perfect for Team Purple.

Pieman has made clear we’re happy to split our 2 and it’s probably a good call. If no suitable offers come our way then we take Cadman or Wardlaw.

The question remaining is what do we get for Rioli now the Teal Scum got rid of his approximate worth.
I reckon Draft night we will get an offer too good to refuse for Pick 2. Hoping PieMan doesn't blow it before then.

Interesting to see what Port are going to try offer for Willie now...
Their future first will go in JHF trade, do future 2nd is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How highly does everyone rate Goergiaties? Considering we are big on Hewitt, and ill spew if qe get him at 2, would 2 for 8 and Goergiaties be fair? We get Hewitt still at 8.

They'll offer us 33 now instead of 27 the ******* campaigners, and O'Brien will sit there like this..

Homer Blank Stare GIF by MOODMAN
To be fair, there’s not a lot he can do

Can’t accept an offer that hasn’t been made or prevent Port from doing trades

Ultimately all he can do is let Port know what we would accept

The other thing he can and should be doing is chewing the ear of Rioli’s manager to make it clear the deal is in danger of falling through and if he doesn’t want to take his chances in the PSD he needs to be
a) in contact with Port demanding they keep their commitment to bring Rioli to Port and
b) getting in contact with other clubs to see what they might offer Rioli as an alternative

To be fair, there’s not a lot he can do

Can’t accept an offer that hasn’t been made or prevent Port from doing trades

Ultimately all he can do is let Port know what we would accept

The other thing he can and should be doing is chewing the ear of Rioli’s manager to make it clear the deal is in danger of falling through and if he doesn’t want to take his chances in the PSD he needs to be
a) in contact with Port demanding they keep their commitment to bring Rioli to Port and
b) getting in contact with other clubs to see what they might offer Rioli as an alternative

Yeah, I guess for the club that was "Bitterly disappointed" (Trevs words) with Rioli and this whole trade fiasco, we look like we're just copping this one sweet.

Look, people will always argue "you don't know what the club is doing behind closed doors" which is a free pass so arguing against that is totally moot.

From a public point of view, even with his interview the other day it appears like O'Brien is barely even comprehending what trade week is, let alone orchestrating anything beneficial for the club.

No doubt there will be speculation right up until trade week ends and we'll see what Rohan has orchestrated for us, if anything. Then we can assess and cry about it then.

All I know is the pick which was supposed to be coming to us for Rioli "as a minimum" is now gone.

Interesting that Port have traded the Amon compo.. Looks like they’re not taking WCE’s negotiators very seriously. Port must be pretty confident of their position. If we rejected an offer of the Amon compo then I hope we did so with a very clear understanding of our “BATNA”…

Interesting that Port have traded the Amon compo.. Looks like they’re not taking WCE’s negotiators very seriously. Port must be pretty confident of their position. If we rejected an offer of the Amon compo then I hope we did so with a very clear understanding of our “BATNA”…
Just re-draft the prick at number 2 in the PSD and watch the sparks fly. AFLPA would have a seizure but they couldn't do anything about it without running the risk of destroying the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back