Review Dees v Carrrrrrlton: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

The level of maggot cheating gets worse every year. They must get paid a bonus every time the HQ favoured team wins.
Settle down champ. When you kick 9.17 you deserve to lose. That's not the umpires.

I know there is alot of people angry at the loss and deservedly so. I can't even be that mad. The best team normally wins the flag, we were far away from the best team in it and I think anyone who wasn't relying on champion data stats would have felt that deep down.

Brisbane are way better than us this year, they'll win outside of a bad GF

Question:

In the round 24 game at the SCG, I thought that the Swans were really good for three quarters. Unfortunately for us, you guys were really good for all four, and our chance of a home final was gone. It was a pretty much full-strength Dees at their best.

With the benefit of hindsight, do you think there is any chance your season would still be alive if Goodwin just trotted out the VFL side + Fristch, given that there was nothing to be gained ladder position wise? Would it or could it have made a difference?

Question:

In the round 24 game at the SCG, I thought that the Swans were really good for three quarters. Unfortunately for us, you guys were really good for all four, and our chance of a home final was gone. It was a pretty much full-strength Dees at their best.

With the benefit of hindsight, do you think there is any chance your season would still be alive if Goodwin just trotted out the VFL side + Fristch, given that there was nothing to be gained ladder position wise? Would it or could it have made a difference?
I think it's a pretty useless hypothetical but given we lost our best forward from the second half of the season to an ACL, yes probably.

I think it's a pretty useless hypothetical but given we lost our best forward from the second half of the season to an ACL, yes probably.
Realistically though I doubt we'd rest Melk for that game even if going the tank. Just a bastard of a situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can he even recover in time? Or will he come backs with a month to play?
He's a fit bastard, but geez, at his age, you have to think next year's a write off. Then will he go into 2025? Doubtful. Might be handy to keep him on a rookie spot next year if we're able. I'm not sure on taking up a list spot tbh.

I come in peace.
I've always admired the way that the Dee's play footy. Oliver and Petracca are as hard as they come.
Obviously you guys are shattered atm but it was a huge game, just an outright slog from two very hard sides.
It's just a pity that you didn't win last week so that we could have seen the possibility of a Carlton vs Melbourne Grand Final.
Hopefully our great game will get treated to a Carlton vs Melbourne Grand Final in 2024.

If we had Melk and not McDonald we win those two games. Deserves another go at it next year
Melk will be a year older and not ready to play until July 2024. 2025 would the year you could expect him to maybe be back to the form he showed prior to the knee.

He’s always been a streaky form player at Melbourne. He’s never really sustained a full season of form even when he was much younger.

I think it’s long odds Melk plays again.

Umpiring was subtly sus against your mob. When Carlton looked like they were finished a quartet of decisions that weren’t paid all night went their way it was bizarre.
Carlton got the rub of the green, especially those textbook insufficienent attempts late that weren’t paid.

Melbourne would’ve been five goals up at that point with a bit of composure though.

Got to be good enough to win irrespective of umpire chook lotto.

Gawn’s interview on the club channel. He sounded sad but these guys are so deluded. “We played some good footy and got close” in the finals is his assessment.

Gawn’s interview on the club channel. He sounded sad but these guys are so deluded. “We played some good footy and got close” in the finals is his assessment.
Honestly most of the time Gawn talks about footy I have no clue wtf he's on about. I remember at the start of the year he was talking about how quick Grundy was.

When you watched the dynasty teams during their primes like Geelong and Hawthorn, when the going got tough, their senior players stood up and owned the big matches with cool heads and nerves of steel. Unfortunately all our senior players apart from 2021, when the big occasion arises they see the red mist. Gawn with his missed goal and touching a teammates kick, Viney with his hack it on the boot at all costs mentality, Petracca with his absolutely furious ability to s**t the bed apart near goals and Oliver’s lack of ability to win contests or impact the game in any way. You just can’t win multiple flags when that’s what you’re depending on.

May and Lever were outstanding and showed what leadership looks like. Unfortunately they’re not up the scoring end and can’t win it out of the middle as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back