Review Dees v Geelong @ the Handbaggery - & Prada in the Sky with Diamonds: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 18,

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing calms me down when something is infuriating me more than someone telling me to cool my jets. Praise Jesus for people like that.
My Canberran housemate came in and asked me to explain. I nearly throttled him

I've cooled down now. I'm 35 I might be lucky and see Melbourne win a premiership in my lifetime. Even if we make the 8 we will only be making up numbers this year. It's only a game. It's silly to get so worked up about a footy game. People are starving in Africa. America has Trump. It's all about perspective. Why why why why why
You know its bad when you have to draw on starvation in Africa and Trump in America.

I hope you're reading this s**t Goodwin!

Our best player copped the blood rule literally right before that last contest. That is the worst of bad luck. Max there, at worst we 50-50 that.

You know I luv ya mate but s**t you can use an excuse like no one else. We ended up getting the ball inside 50 from that stoppage so Gawn off was irrelevant. Letting them go coast to coast with 3 marks was what cost us.

I've cooled down now. I'm 35 I might be lucky and see Melbourne win a premiership in my lifetime. Even if we make the 8 we will only be making up numbers this year. It's only a game. It's silly to get so worked up about a footy game. People are starving in Africa. America has Trump. It's all about perspective. Why why why why why
If Norm Smith hadn't cursed us there would be no poverty, Africa would be prosperous and Trump would be a beloved president. Melbourne boards, getting it wrong since '64

I know it’s nothing right now but that was genuine hurt tonight on the players faces after that.(apart from Bernie Vince and while you may be mates with Patrick flog Dangerfield you should of not been seen with a smile so * you bernie) Like genuine hurt. This was different to the St Kilda , Collingwood round 23 , earlier Geelong losses. Means SFA right now but this loss will be the one . It has to be.

Quite frankly, he can get serious about his preparation and conditioning, because if he was serious about it then Geelong would have gotten nowhere near it. Sloppy, unfit footballer and if he continues to play this heavy then he will be emblematic of this ‘nearly’ club.
With all due respect to Dee supporters, how can anyone knock his effort [tracca]his last minutes were only out done by one G.Ablett.
Don't fall into the trap of eating your own.

OH I AM JUST ******* WARMING UP
******** FIST THROUGH A WALL REPETITIVELY*

I love but I hate Melbourne ! It’s like winning tattslotto , you never know it’s going to be real !

I hate Hawkins , made omac look like a kid even on the ground !

Hawthorn of old would never have lost that with 1.30 left in the backline , they would have chipped it backwards running the clock down but we bomb it long ! You knew as soon as they got it they were going to score ! Why didn’t we flood back ? Useless

You must be out of your ******* mind.
Nice insight SackLunch. Check in on me in a week. We’ll see how we’re going. Lost a game to Geelong at Geelong on the last kick of the game. Fair enough guys who have been around for years are cracking it, but who are you? Sack yourself mate.

I love but I hate Melbourne ! It’s like winning tattslotto , you never know it’s going to be real !

I hate Hawkins , made omac look like a kid even on the ground !

Hawthorn of old would never have lost that with 1.30 left in the backline , they would have chipped it backwards running the clock down but we bomb it long ! You knew as soon as they got it they were going to score ! Why didn’t we flood back ? Useless
Hawthorn of old had 120 games plus into all their stars.

We are Geelong 2003, Hawthorn 2006. The comp is also far tougher than it was back then.

Bloody hell this hurts, but it’ll hurt more to not get a real chance at a flag in 2 years. None of us expected that this year.

That snap at by goal by Garlett in the pocket with 40 out seconds left was up there with Petracca's torp for "the most ******ed things Melbourne do in the last 2 minutes" .. along SiMONG deciding not to put any extra back behind the ball.

smh, i can usually take a loss pretty well but this one i dont know, feels worse than Collingwood last year, just numb after that game, this one has put me in an absolute stinker.

It’s not goodwins fault not getting players behind the ball. 40 seconds left it’s up to the players to be smart enough and get back themselves.

I’d need to rewatch the footage but I don’t see an issue with tracs torp, her got into into our forward 50. In hindsight not conceding that last point.
The kickout, we got the ball back in our 50 and let us spill out. Gus I think would of been better off sitting on the ball abs being pinged for holding the ball.

We just need to get better at the small things. There was no lack of effort or talent tonight just maturity and confidence to close the game out.

Footage of the players in the room was heartbreaking, yes we've all been here before but I'm still confident we'll turn it around. It's slower than we'd like in an even competition but that's what it is. I'd like to think the players aren't giving up on the season yet and I'm not either.

Harmes was amazing today, never seen him do that before. If we can start seeing that more regularly it will be fantastic.

Looking forward to JKH out of the team.

Took a goal after the siren to beat us at a ground barely anyone can win on. We'll be back.

Most people quote the 50-game mark as a player finding their feet and the 100 A’s really having an impact.

None of Salem, Gus, Trac, Hogan, Oliver, Harmes etc etc are there yet. They’re our heavy lifters going forward, and they’re the ones that will learn.

We did a shitload right tonight, and a couple of unpaid things and a couple of minor errors led to that. That’s footy.

Every club has some good players in that 21 to 24 year old age bracket. Doubt there'll be many other clubs singing the praises of Harmes and Salem, just like other clubs will rate players on their list higher than we would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And i swear the universe just conspires against us on top of our own tomfoolery, i mean Hawkins 7 straight, in what world? The same world that Cloke kicks 7.0 against us in.

Yeh and they won't kick 16 goals 4 again for awhile. Same as last year when they could barely miss and kicked 20 goals 6 to 13 goals 19. What the hell is with that level of jamminess against us.

What annoys me most is that's the second game this year we were the better team for more of the game but lost, similar to the port adelaide game. In saying that, we should know ourselves better, we have to make the most of our opportunities earlier in games because we are so fragile in defence, going to the wire is not going to end well too often

Why Goodwin didn't put everyone behind the ball with a minute to go has got me beat. Everyone knows thats what you do.
Coach can’t direct at that point.

What's most disappointing is that it seemed the players had learnt nothing from all of the other close losses over the past few year.

Didn't milk the clock when they had it. Didn't try to keep possession. Had a low quality shot at goal. Didn't flood back despite having ample time due to Max jogging off with the blood rule.

Yep, that's it in a nutshell. Between the 50 odd players, staff and runners we had around the joint, you'd think someone might have raised the point that we should have been protecting the long kick and not trying to hold the ball in the forward 50 when the only way for the Kitties to win the game was long and direct.

It’s not goodwins fault not getting players behind the ball. 40 seconds left it’s up to the players to be smart enough and get back themselves..

I agree but Id argue if the players dont know to get back then what are paying Goodwin for? Instead teaching them to flood our own 50 he may want to include flooding the back 50 in our game plan for such circumstances.

The simple things such as getting back behind the ball late in games all teams do other than us of course. We are so ******* stupid that the obvious isn't obvious and you need to remind these daft campaigners on a daily basis about the basics.

If only there was a "For Dummies" book for 5 goal leads. We could solve all our coaching and playing group issues instantly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back