Review Dees v Swans - the Good, bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

If they turn up to the coterie meeting or meet and greets and are getting validation from the supporters there's no need to change
Fair enough. I think we can agree on the fact that key people in leadership positions have their head so far up their own clackers that their breath reeks of large intestine.

Blake Howes was the only positive for me.

Wont happen but I’d love us to go through the whole list this year and find out who’s actually worth keeping on. We’ve got a scary amount of deadwood on it now IMO, I’d rather play more kids and cop some pain. Ironically it’d make me more supportive of Goody if we did this, even though it’d guarantee no finals.

I’ve always liked Max - and in the past have put the blinkers on to his softness.

But, again, taking that useless ******* sh*tstain dumb* imbecile Simon Goodwin’s advice and focusing on the present: harden the * up Max you giant yellow-bellied weak prick. Playing the victim doesn’t cut it; you’re 208cm and meant to be the captain. Harden up campaigner.

How about Gawny getting dropped off the ball and nobody doing anything about it

What the * is wrong with these dickheads
We haven't had the slightest amount of mongrel since Bugg knocked out Mills in 2017.

Good:
Windsor and Howes (recovered well after some shaky moments) showed some signs.
Viney was pretty good.
McVees kick inside 50.
ANB chase down tackle.

Bad:
Clarry is seriously underdone, managed to find a heap of it but was largely ineffective. Midfield in general shown up by the class of a half-strength Sydney midfield. Heeney, Warner and Gulden were far more damaging with their touches than any of ours.
Laurie, Chandler, Spargo all non-factors on a night where we needed some ground level threat.
Schache just not up to it a forward or relief ruckman.
Lever stunk it up.

Fugly:
No discernable improvements or changes made to the same boring predictable death by a thousand cuts game style of the last few years that is not taking us to another flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salems first half was good on ball then we move him to half back where he dissappears out of the game. Laced out a couple of blokes inside 50 who promptly dropped easy marks and actually thought about his touches.

Bowsa goes down and we lack the flexibility to play someone else back there with Brayshaw gone so we panic and remove Salem from the game. Bad call in hindsight.

Sad thing was Sydney weren't even good. Some better teams would have belted us by 10 goals tonight

Salems first half was good on ball then we move him to half back where he dissappears out of the game. Laced out a couple of blokes inside 50 who promptly dropped easy marks and actually thought about his touches.

Bowsa goes down and we lack the flexibility to play someone else back there with Brayshaw gone so we panic and remove Salem from the game. Bad call in hindsight.

Sad thing was Sydney weren't even good. Some better teams would have belted us by 10 goals tonight

10 goal beltings might drive change

Was always a fan of Billings early on and I think it’s pretty sad what he’s become.
Was a weird choice for Sub. I think your sub needs to be an impact player and let’s face it Billings is not an impact player.
Next week Billings needs to start in the 22 and be that safe accumulating half forward or not in the side at all.
Worst sub ever.

We haven't had the slightest amount of mongrel since Bugg knocked out Mills in 2017.
May when he gave away that intentional free/ear massage to the Saints player for running into the back of Clarry was the last time I remember us standing up for anyone. That was 2 years ago. Bunch of fairies.

Was always a fan of Billings early on and I think it’s pretty sad what he’s become.
Was a weird choice for Sub. I think your sub needs to be an impact player and let’s face it Billings is not an impact player.
Next week Billings needs to start in the 22 and be that safe accumulating half forward or not in the side at all.
Worst sub ever.
Agree, the sub should be someone with pace and energy which aren't exactly his strong suits. Of course Billings has not developed as hoped but he has some class and smarts which we desperately need going inside 50, the smalls we picked over him were terrible.

Think im dead inside from watching this club play this type of football for the past 2 years. Its now a totally expected disappointment that leaves me very meh. Cant even bring myself to get mad.

Good:
  • Howes having some moments
  • Bowey putting his body on the line
  • Oliver in our best despite having no pre-season

Bad:
  • lack of discipline/IQ from the players costing us goals. 50m penalty goal conceded as well as Spargo giving a free kick away when we were streaming forward.
  • No team leaders going in to support McVee when was being assaulted.

Ugly:
-Lever's turn overs time and time again
- The whole teams complete lack of skills. Fumbling time and time again, inability to mark a ball, kick a sherrin or handball to a 3m target.

Think im dead inside from watching this club play this type of football for the past 2 years. Its now a totally expected disappointment that leaves me very meh. Cant even bring myself to get mad.
Totally with you. Used to get much more upset after a loss and would switch off footy for a few days, let it ruin my weekend etc. Maybe having a bub on the way has changed my perspective but I just don't care all that much.

Totally with you. Used to get much more upset after a loss and would switch off footy for a few days, let it ruin my weekend etc. Maybe having a bub on the way has changed my perspective but I just don't care all that much.
Congrats to you and the Mrs mate 🥳

Remove this Banner Ad

Back