Review Dees v the Scraggers (Western Bulldogs): the Good, the Bad & the Fugly - woof !!! Rd14 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brothers and Sister - please share your thoughts after the game.

Bonus points for any superfluous reference to Scragger. I suspect the poor bugger ended up in the chop suey at the Foot-es-cray market.

Fugly:
- We probably lost 20 of the old members through heart attacks in the last 10 minutes.

Other than that, a great relief to have a proper win.

Great game guys, just to give the guys that winning feeling is enough, even though they folded like a pack of cards for 10 mins they had the strength to lift and hold on for the last 5. Watts played a solid game, once the players around him become more polished the footy world will get off his back and realise his form is dictated a lot by the delivery and confidence of his team mates.

Good
- Jack Watts will be a star forward.
- Dean Terlich is a gun and Dean Kent is becoming a favourite of mine.
- Rodan looked like prime David Rodan.
- Jack Fitzpatrick, it's taken him a few games but he is really starting to come on.
- Frawley, so great to have him back.
- Sylvia, although he didn't have a great night, he ran hard and tackled well and did the small things.

Bad
- McDonald's brain fades, I love the kid and he did play well but those brain fades in his decision making and skill execution are brutal.

Fugly
- That 4th quarter was horrendous.
- Lynden Dunn get the absolute f*** out of Melbourne, what kind of f***ing idiot taps the ball back inside your defensive 50 not once but twice within 10 seconds? You f***ing dickhead.

Full-time team stats:

T9Cvhjg.jpg

Congrats guys, the panicked looks on the faithful faces around the G' were brilliant, showed the passion and desperation for your team to win so it was good to see them hold on in the end, didn't end in tears!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good
- We WON!
- Watts was good up forward, and took a couple of good marks down back late. Best game of his ever I'd say.
- Dawes and Fitzy were both handy forward.
- Howe's hangers
- Most players put in for the first 3 quarters.
- Tackling was very good throughout the game

Bad
- Blease hurt?
- Disposal let us down a few times

Fugly
- Dat last quarter. WTF was that?

Good- 4 points
Frawley and Garland
Watts and Rodan
Throw grimes,Viney,Clark and Hogan in there and it's even better
Fugly- turnovers

Ugly- Gawn getting ass raped by Minson in the 4th qtr
Our fitness
Centre clearances

Demons full-time player stats:

0rNci5D.jpg

Bulldogs full-time player stats:

x3Awpbd.jpg

Was at the pub watching this (was the only one - yes I'd like you to switch to the Dees game), and given I missed the game day thread would like to share the following thoughts:

Q1: "* me, we're playing football."
Q2: "* me, we're still playing football."
Q3: "When will the technology be available for me to have a sex change and start churning out Colin Garland's babies?"
Q4: "Surely even we couldn't * this up? I mean seriously, 39 points up, I take a slash and we're leading by a goal? What?"

Maybe Neeld didn't get the chance to play the Dogs and Saints when the season was genuinely up and going, but this display defined how much (little?) he did for us. For 3 quarters we looked like a proper team.

The good: First 3 quarters, Watts, Garland, Frawley, Jones, Howe, just about everyone

The bad: First half of the last quarter

The ugly: Last 15 minutes of the game... can understand the boys freezing up out of shock at being in the hunt in an actual AFL game, but I reckon we went from 5 goals up to 9 points up in the space of about 2 minutes. * it - a win is a win.

The consequences: Don't worry about that priority pick.

Bad
- McDonald's brain fades, I love the kid and he did play well but those brain fades in his decision making and skill execution are brutal.

Fugly
- That 4th quarter was horrendous.
- Lynden Dunn get the absolute f*** out of Melbourne, what kind of f***ing idiot taps the ball back inside your defensive 50 not once but twice within 10 seconds? You f***ing dickhead.

Was it the second quarter for T Mac? Shimmied out of trouble then absolutely stitched up his team mate with a powder puff handball in front of the sticks. Still needs to shake off Neeld's conditioning?

Boot Dunn out, bring Strauss in. Keep it that way for the rest of the year.

The really, really fugly: Saw we were $4.90 to win on SportsTab earlier today and didn't have an online account or betting facilities to jump all over it. Did those odds last to the bounce? Obscenely generous from the bookies given it's a two horse race, the Dogs aren't great, we ditched a spud of a coach and they had a teaser last week of us at least being semi-competitive. Money for jam gone begging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back