Review Dees v Tigers - the Good, Bad & Fugly on Anzac Day Eve - Rd 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It has its place. Like maybe if you are picking the best ice cream to serve with a chocolate fondant. Actually that is the only time I buy it now that I think about it. When I’m making chocolate fondant.

Cant remember the last time if ever I bought vanilla ice cream or had a hankering for some.

Maybe it's because no one ever makes me chocolate fondant? 😩😭

Also this is ridiculous, everything I’ve heard about him suggests he’s one of the most friendly and humble guys at the club

Don’t doubt that he’s a friendly guy but there’s a fine line between celebrating a goal and peacocking like you’re 9 goals up in the last quarter of a granny. A bit of a habit with ANB. No-one on our list has earned this right yet especially not a guy in the bottom six of a best 22.

Don’t doubt that he’s a friendly guy but there’s a fine line between celebrating a goal and peacocking like you’re 9 goals up in the last quarter of a granny. A bit of a habit with ANB. No-one on our list has earned this right yet especially not a guy in the bottom six of a best 22.

Honest question, have you ever played football? When I saw a teammate giving it back to the crowd who were giving him s**t over the fence before doing something spectacular it got me up and about. I lived for that s**t.

Honest question, have you ever played football? When I saw a teammate giving it back to the crowd who were giving him sh*t over the fence before doing something spectacular it got me up and about. I lived for that sh*t.

Good for you.

Sport psychology 101 - Don’t gift opposition with extra motivation to beat you.

A guy who is in the bottom six of the 22 but has set the standards for work rate, pressure and tackling since he debuted, and who is hugely respected by his teammates and coaches. He has more right to behave like a peacock than most others IMO.

Also, Spargo... been saying it all along.
My boy Charles.
Love him.
Was luck enough to be level 2 behind glass night, enjoying a nice Cape Schanck Pinot Noir as I have it a "Good boy Charles?". Then I realised that entire stereotypical scenario and changed back to the beers and started giving it to the tiges yobbos

Sad part was no-one flew the flag for us.. Blokes like Neitz and Schwarz should have been but didn't, and then we had too many blokes running around shitscared.. Could almost see the crap running down Rigoni's legs!
Bullshit Schwarz was the only who was flying the flag

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Also this is ridiculous, everything I’ve heard about him suggests he’s one of the most friendly and humble guys at the club
Yep

I heard a story a few years back of some guy meeting him in a hostel in Europe a few years back. ANB was backpacking by himself and ended up travelling Europe with these new blokes he had meet. It was only after 2 or 3 weeks when someone recognised him that they found out he was a footballer. ANB just told them he was a student as he didn't want anyone to treat him any better or worse because he was a footy player

How many other AFL players would do that?

That is as humble as you can get

Was luck enough to be level 2 behind glass night, enjoying a nice Cape Schanck Pinot Noir as I have it a "Good boy Charles?". Then I realised that entire stereotypical scenario and changed back to the beers and started giving it to the tiges yobbos
I was on level 2 behind glass as well. But I was there so I could smash full strength beer and my kids could sit on their ipsds and stop annoying me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep

I heard a story a few years back of some guy meeting him in a hostel in Europe a few years back. ANB was backpacking by himself and ended up travelling Europe with these new blokes he had meet. It was only after 2 or 3 weeks when someone recognised him that they found out he was a footballer. ANB just told them he was a student as he didn't want anyone to treat him any better or worse because he was a footy player

How many other AFL players would do that?

That is as humble as you can get

I heard that he jumped the queue to see the Mona Lisa then gave a double cobra to the people still waiting in line.

ANB forever has points in the bank for me for the time he gave Rhys Mathieson a spray in his duckathon debut

I heard that he jumped the queue to see the Mona Lisa then gave a double cobra to the people still waiting in line.
I heard he loudly talked s**t on a Greek island at the local blokes after picking up one of the ladies

Everyone on our list that kicks a goal, especially against the reigning premier, has the right to showboat. Bring it on.

The only thing he needs to change is to add a triple backflip to his routine.

3 random and unrelated comments I want to put out there.

1. Dusty injury. So the bloke has a 9 day rest after BOGing it against the Saints a week earlier. Gets absolutely dismantled for the better part of 3 quarters by Hibb and friends. Had full control of the game by this stage anyway. Then post-game ol' dirty dog Dimma brings up that he has been troubled by a foot injury...ahhh what?! Surely I'm not the only one who noticed this pathetic excuse. Maybe he has a slightly bruised foot from getting so many kicks this year...that's all I've got. Jog on Dimma.

2. Oliver. Is there a better #2 mid in the comp? Trac is king for us now, but this guy is unreal. Been critical of him seemingly looking for the stats and going at a 1:40 kick:handball ratio in previous years, but far out he is so clean when the ball is on the deck. And what he did regularly last night is evidence that you need premier handballers in your team.

3. a) Richmond game style. Will sound like an idiot here I know, but here goes (look away Tiger fans): they are the ugliest triple premiership team I've ever seen. Their game style is so effective, but it is all that is wrong with football. They remind me of the England rugby team in 2003. Huge front rowers just got the rolling maul going each time, then won penalty after penalty for their Johnny 'Dusty' Wilkinson to get the points. It's ugly. You'll rarely see a spectacle of a game when you watch the Tigers play, but it will always be referred to as 'finals football'. They've got my respect and I take my hat off to them though of course. This leads me onto my final pointless point...

b) Camera angle for Richmond. Was I the only person who felt completely nauseous watching on TV whenever the Tigers got their rolling maul going (esp in the first quarter)? The camera zooms right in to the Tigers players just slapping or hand balling it forward, and I end up having no idea where on the field the ball really is, or what is out of the camera shot and about to happen.

Done.

ANB forever has points in the bank for me for the time he gave Rhys Mathieson a spray in his duckathon debut

Epic recall. 😍

The * is that avatar tho, gives me the shakes looking at it

And it's not just Gillies, anytime I see anything in that Melbourne collared sh*t with webjet as sponsor I start dry heaving.
Bring back energy watch.

I heard he loudly talked sh*t on a Greek island at the local blokes after picking up one of the ladies

ANB once went to an art n crafts market in Istanbul, negotiated and agreed prices with a dozen different vendors, then promptly left the area without paying for or collecting any of it. Just for kicks.

I heard he loudly talked sh*t on a Greek island at the local blokes after picking up one of the ladies

Pretty sure GOHs mrs finds him hot (and which female wouldn't with those dreamy eyes) ...would explain his ridiculous hate for an absolute legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back