Rumour Deledio to North

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't have to be Hutchy to see your club is in for a mountain of trouble. Total rebuild coming up with a club that struggles at the best of times. Just way over invested in too many older players and it is just about to blow up in your face. Good luck....you will need it.

I think I'll call you Hutchy anyway.

Yes, we have brought in a few older players, but they were all through free agency, and not at the expense of draft picks or youth, The problem with Hutchy and others like him (lets call them the One Nation supporters of the AFL world because they are blind to what is actually happening in the real world, or this case the AFL world) is he has failed to notice the turnover of the older players has already begun. Players like Clarke, Wagner, Dumont, Garner, Turner and Wood have played this season and will play more prominant roles next season, and Brown, McDonald, Jacobs and MacMillan have established themselves in the NMFC first 22. Along with other young players like McKay, Durdin, Fordham, Vickers-Willis and Mountford, I'm comfortable that our fall (if it happens) won't be as great as a couple of other finals team from past seasons such as Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Collingwood and Richmond.

Last edited:
I think I'll you Hutchy anyway.

Yes, we have brought in a few older players, but they were all through free agency, and not at the expense of draft picks or youth, The problem with Hutchy and others like him (lets call them the One Nation supporters of the AFL world because they are blind to what is actually happening in the real world, or this case the AFL world) is he has failed to notice the turnover of the older players has already begun. Players like Clarke, Wagner, Dumont, Garner, Turner and Wood have played this season and will play more prominant roles next season, and Brown, McDonald, Jacobs and MacMillan have established themselves in the NMFC first 22. Along with other young players like McKay, Durdin, Fordham, Vickers-Willis and Mountford, I'm comfortable that our fall (if it happens) won't be as great as a couple of other finals team from past seasons such as Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Collingwood and Richmond.
Not trying to be a smart arse but check out this link. The comments regarding the list profile are valid.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...g-its-young-players-a-go-20160505-gonclq.html

Not trying to be a smart arse but check out this link. The comments regarding the list profile are valid.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...g-its-young-players-a-go-20160505-gonclq.html

That article is from 3+ months ago and with regards to NMFC has changed a lot, especially with regards to the number of young guys we have played. As mentioned in my previous post, six players around 21 and under have played since Round 6, and another four or five have been close to playing. I fully expect our age profile to change a great deal next season.

Tony Sheahan is 1000 times less reliable than brian 2 books Waldron. .no idea no credibility

He was the first journo to say Buddy to Swans, pretty good scoop
You don't have to be Hutchy to see your club is in for a mountain of trouble. Total rebuild coming up with a club that struggles at the best of times. Just way over invested in too many older players and it is just about to blow up in your face. Good luck....you will need it.

Ha, a Richmond fan mocking another club for the need for a total rebuild

Its adorable when Richmond supporters try and take a swipe at other clubs. If you think Richmond are in a better position than ANY other club in the AFL then delusion must be contagious at Tigerland.

That article is from 3+ months ago and with regards to NMFC has changed a lot, especially with regards to the number of young guys we have played. As mentioned in my previous post, six players around 21 and under have played since Round 6, and another four or five have been close to playing. I fully expect our age profile to change a great deal next season.
Your most recent game you only have 7 players that have played under 100 games.
The most recent game when that article was published you had.......7 players under 100 games playing.
Richmond for comparison had 7 players under 30 games playing. And 6 under 19 games.
Sydney had 13 under 100 games playing

I do too but don't be so quick to sling off at people when they provide you with information that you don't like. North have used Free agency masterfully and it has taken them to the precipice of a premiership. The flipside of that is the younger guys are not getting the games they need to develop and there are less list spots for up and comers. You can't have both at the same time. The lions are a great example of this. They went from runner up in 2004 to 12th n 2005 when they consistently neglected development to chase flags.

Your most recent game you only have 7 players that have played under 100 games.
The most recent game when that article was published you had.......7 players under 100 games playing.
Richmond for comparison had 7 players under 30 games playing. And 6 under 19 games.
Sydney had 13 under 100 games playing

Two of those players have reached 100 games in the last month or so. And while we had only 4 players with less than 50 games experience, we've had another 4 out with injury and we rested another after a pretty solid first six games. All of which I except will play a greater part at NMFC next season.

I do too but don't be so quick to sling off at people when they provide you with information that you don't like. North have used Free agency masterfully and it has taken them to the precipice of a premiership. The flipside of that is the younger guys are not getting the games they need to develop and there are less list spots for up and comers. You can't have both at the same time. The lions are a great example of this. They went from runner up in 2004 to 12th n 2005 when they consistently neglected development to chase flags.

I'm not saying we don't have a problem with our list, and we have some very hard decisions to make at the end of the season, but have been taking steps over the course of the year to blood young players. It's just that most people are happy to take the word of lazy journalists than do a little research themselves.
And with the exception of Craig Hutchinson who I have no respect for what so ever (He his a sniper and an antagonist but not a journalist) I would rather have an intelligent discussion than to "sling off" at people. It's hard sometimes on bigfooty, but I do try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North did not have one payer make the all-Australian under 22 squad. Deledio is not what they need.

We are talking about North. They consider Waite a young talent

Its adorable when Richmond supporters try and take a swipe at other clubs. If you think Richmond are in a better position than ANY other club in the AFL then delusion must be contagious at Tigerland.
Not nearly as adorable as a smart arse north supporter commenting on other clubs who's supporters contribute good money to keep North alive.

I would take our list over yours any day.

Yep delusion clearly contagious at tigerland.

Truth is even Brisbane will have a better list than Richmond after the trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back