Rumour Deledio to North

Remove this Banner Ad

North are going south faster than you think, bottom four next year.
That may be true. At least we aren't kidding ourselves about it. We had a real crack, weren't close enough and now know we have to rebuild.

Tiges, by their own admission, never even had a crack and now have the worst list in the competition. Keep deflecting to North all you want. Reality vs delusion at Tigerland.

That may be true. At least we aren't kidding ourselves about it. We had a real crack, weren't close enough and now know we have to rebuild.

Tiges, by their own admission, never even had a crack and now have the worst list in the competition. Keep deflecting to North all you want. Reality vs delusion at Tigerland.
Hi Damian.

It's just an outsider's perspective but yes IMHO Tiges have the worst list.

2 guns in Martin and Rance.
Cotchin is no gun, solid that's it.
Reiwodlt above average. Good but not in the same league as Buddy, Kennedy, Lynch etc..
Deledio possibly gone.
Edwards, Grigg, Houli, Vlaustin, Ellis, Grimes are C graders at best.
If the future is Griffiths, Lloyd, Markov, Rioli, Menadue, Lambert. Then there is no doubt the Tiges have the worst list in the competition. Where is the future KPD? Ruck? Is your Future KPF Griffiths?

Not saying North don't have issues but yeah like I said delusion must be contagious at Tigerland.

Yep delusion clearly contagious at tigerland.

Truth is even Brisbane will have a better list than Richmond after the trade period.
Obviously you are a little slow but have you seen your own list, North managed to win 2 games in the second half of the season, thats the same as the woeful Lions and an undermanned Essendon and half as many as a terrible Richmond:$

Obviously you are a little slow but have you seen your own list, North managed to win 2 games in the second half of the season, thats the same as the woeful Lions and an undermanned Essendon and half as many as a terrible Richmond:$
See this is the delusional part. North are playing finals and Richmond are doing what next weekend?

I know where North's list is at, what we tried to achieve over last few years and I understand the direction of the club.

I can look at things objectively and say that I'm worried Carlton, StKilda, Essendon and Melbourne are going to go past North. Richmond on the other hand continue to deluded themselves into thinking they have a good list. Just keep telling yourself next year is your year.

See this is the delusional part. North are playing finals and Richmond are doing what next weekend?

I know where North's list is at, what we tried to achieve over last few years and I understand the direction of the club.

I can look at things objectively and say that I'm worried Carlton, StKilda, Essendon and Melbourne are going to go past North. Richmond on the other hand continue to deluded themselves into thinking they have a good list. Just keep telling yourself next year is your year.
Not sure where your getting, "next year being our year" from, you obvioulsy havent visited the Richmond board lately.

It's just an outsider's perspective but yes IMHO Tiges have the worst list.

2 guns in Martin and Rance.
Cotchin is no gun, solid that's it.
Reiwodlt above average. Good but not in the same league as Buddy, Kennedy, Lynch etc..
Deledio possibly gone.
Edwards, Grigg, Houli, Vlaustin, Ellis, Grimes are C graders at best.
If the future is Griffiths, Lloyd, Markov, Rioli, Menadue, Lambert. Then there is no doubt the Tiges have the worst list in the competition. Where is the future KPD? Ruck? Is your Future KPF Griffiths?

Not saying North don't have issues but yeah like I said delusion must be contagious at Tigerland.
Hahaha. Deledio isn't going anywhere
Reiwoldt is a deadset gun, Cotchin is at his best.

Nice 'future' list. Shows how little you know and therfor how little your opinion means.
Lloyd is 26 you know? Lamberts about to turn 25. Griffiths is about to turn 25. Yet you leave out 23yo B.Ellis? 22yo Vlaustin? Wheres 2014 first rounder C.Ellis? Short? Castagna? Drummond?

Why do our future KPD and KPF matter right now? Rance and Jack have at least 5 years left.
Next year we will have better top tier players than you and better kids than you. So I know at least one team our lists beats ;)

Hahaha. Deledio isn't going anywhere
Reiwoldt is a deadset gun, Cotchin is at his best.

Nice 'future' list. Shows how little you know and therfor how little your opinion means.
Lloyd is 26 you know? Lamberts about to turn 25. Griffiths is about to turn 25. Yet you leave out 23yo B.Ellis? 22yo Vlaustin? Wheres 2014 first rounder C.Ellis? Short? Castagna? Drummond?

Why do our future KPD and KPF matter right now? Rance and Jack have at least 5 years left.
Next year we will have better top tier players than you and better kids than you. So I know at least one team our lists beats ;)
Firstly read. I did list Ellis and Vlaustin.

Secondly the delusion of thinking Reiwoldt is a dead set gun and that Cotchin is at his best. This is why you can't go anywhere, you rate above average players as superstars.

Thirdly if you are basing you future on Short, Castagna and Drummond.... c'mon you're not really are you?

Lastly you kind of make my point for me. Richmond brought in Lambert and Lloyd in the last couple of years and have been developing Griffiths for some time. These are the players they thought were the future.

Maybe this is why North have been good in the Scott era and Richmond terrible in the Hardwick era. We don't overrate our players or have the media telling us how great we are.

Firstly read. I did list Ellis and Vlaustin.

Secondly the delusion of thinking Reiwoldt is a dead set gun and that Cotchin is at his best. This is why you can't go anywhere, you rate above average players as superstars.

Thirdly if you are basing you future on Short, Castagna and Drummond.... c'mon you're not really are you?

Lastly you kind of make my point for me. Richmond brought in Lambert and Lloyd in the last couple of years and have been developing Griffiths for some time. These are the players they thought were the future.

Maybe this is why North have been good in the Scott era and Richmond terrible in the Hardwick era. We don't overrate our players or have the media telling us how great we are.
You didn't list them in the kids, did you? Even though they were younger than the players you named.

2x Coleman, 2x AA, this is the first season since 2009 that he hasn't kicked 50+ goals. Yeh deadset gun.
Did I say Cotchin was at his best? Nope I said at his best he is a gun.

Did I say I was basing my future on them or just that they are kids with talent? Drummond has played 5 games, Castagna has played 5.
What do you think future means? We picked Lloyd at 67 of a draft and Lambert in a rookie draft both as mature age players. No one thought they would be the 'future'. Only you who clearly has very little idea about Richmonds lists thinks that.

You didn't list them in the kids, did you? Even though they were younger than the players you named.

2x Coleman, 2x AA, this is the first season since 2009 that he hasn't kicked 50+ goals. Yeh deadset gun.
Did I say Cotchin was at his best? Nope I said at his best he is a gun.

Did I say I was basing my future on them or just that they are kids with talent? Drummond has played 5 games, Castagna has played 5.
What do you think future means? We picked Lloyd at 67 of a draft and Lambert in a rookie draft both as mature age players. No one thought they would be the 'future'. Only you who clearly has very little idea about Richmonds lists thinks that.
So i would list Norths future as

Brown 23 yo
MacKenzie 23 yo
Wood 22 yo
Anderson 22 yo
LMac 21 yo
Garner 22 yo
Clarke 19 yo
Dumont 21 yo
Turner 20 yo
Wagner 19 yo

With Durdin, MacKay as KPP 1st round draft picks and Vickers-Willis, Hibberd, Neilson, Mountford, Fordham yet to debut.

Thats Norths future at the moment to be built around Goldstein, Tarrant, Higgins, Macmillan, Ziebel, Cunnington, Jacobs who are mid-late 20s.

I would take Wood, Brown, Clarke and Lmac over any Richmond under 23.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't deflecting one bit, just stating the obvious. I know our list is a shambles, and needs a rebuild of sorts, you don't have to be blind freddy to see that.

North lost once the 30+ retire will be the worst in the comp without question at least Tigers have had their share of rising star nominations north have had 2 in about 5 years. Even with retirees still have Wells Thompson Gibson Waite etc over 30 with Swallow not far behind.

North lost once the 30+ retire will be the worst in the comp without question at least Tigers have had their share of rising star nominations north have had 2 in about 5 years. Even with retirees still have Wells Thompson Gibson Waite etc over 30 with Swallow not far behind.
Tell me a better player the tigers have under 23 than Ben Brown or Mason Wood?

The only player we have retired who will be missed is Boomer. We have replacements for Petrie (Wood/Daw) Firrito (EVW/Durdin) Dal Santo (Clarke/Dumont/Moutford). If you have seen their form this year you will know Drew and Firrito have been ordinary and Dal Average. Replacements are an upgrade in many North opinions. Its only Boomer who we lose out on with his replacements being Wagner/Garner/Turner.

Last edited:
So i would list Norths future as

Brown 23 yo
MacKenzie 23 yo
Wood 22 yo
Anderson 22 yo
LMac 21 yo
Garner 22 yo
Clarke 19 yo
Dumont 21 yo
Turner 20 yo
Wagner 19 yo

With Durdin, MacKay as KPP 1st round draft picks and Vickers-Willis, Hibberd, Neilson, Mountford, Fordham yet to debut.

Thats Norths future at the moment to be built around Goldstein, Tarrant, Higgins, Macmillan, Ziebel, Cunnington, Jacobs who are mid-late 20s.

I would take Wood, Brown, Clarke and Lmac over any Richmond under 23.
Rioli 19
C.Ellis 19
Menadue 19
Castagna 20
Markov 20
Short 20
Drummond 21
Vlasustin 22
Mcintosh 22
B.Ellis 23

LOL North will be a better team next season. Harvey is going to take some replacing though.

Rioli 19
C.Ellis 19
Menadue 19
Castagna 20
Markov 20
Short 20
Drummond 21
Vlasustin 22
Mcintosh 22
B.Ellis 23
I could be wrong but there seems to be a bit of sameness to that group. Medium sized flankers/wingers, minus Rioli of course. C.Ellis and Vlaustin look like they could become permanent midfielders, what about the others? (not arguing just interested)

I could be wrong but there seems to be a bit of sameness to that group. Medium sized flankers/wingers, minus Rioli of course. C.Ellis and Vlaustin look like they could become permanent midfielders, what about the others? (not arguing just interested)
Yeh they are mostly the same because half back/wing was our biggest hole this year due to injuries so they are the ones that got the most chances.
Others like Chol (19yo, 198cm), Elton (23yo, 197cm), Moore (20yo, 193cm), Soldo (20yo, 204cm), Broad (23yo, 192cm) could be good but haven't seen enough of any of them to put them on a list of players that I think will be a future player.

But yeh for geniune midfielders our stocks are low. One of the things a lot of people are annoyed at, that we keep drafting those wing/half back types instead of inside mids. Expecting for the club to go for inside mids in this draft along with picking up Prestia.

Scott inherited a side that had played finals in two of the three years before he took over, Hardwick inherited a side that had finished in the bottom two in two of the three years before he took over, and hadn't played finals for nine years.

In the last four seasons (after Hardwick had rebuilt from that cellar-dwelling outfit) both sides have played three finals series, and if the Kangas should lose this week Richmond's win/loss ratio over those four years will be less than 1% behind.

The Tigers failed to win a final but then North failed to get past the prelims, so neither has been successful.

If this is the difference between 'good' and 'terrible' then it's a very fine line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back