Delisted free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

*****DO NOT WANT*****. nothing but a undisciplined cheating diving prick.
He's never been told otherwise.

I'd start off by telling him the truth.

Then I'd put him against an inside mid 100 contests and tell him he doesn't leave until he finds respect.

For every pissant trait he has, he still suffers from weak and pathetic coaching at what used to be the nmfc.

This club is the new Carlton. Management has fkd then over bigtime in a time of desperation.

If true, this signals a real change of attitude from the club.

It's no longer about being good guys, being humble and investing in youth. It's about one thing and one thing only- winning the flag.

The only relevant question now is "would Thomas help us win a GF in 2018?". It's not relevant whether he ducks, is a top bloke or gets cheap free kicks. Will he help us win the GF?

Maybe, we just became ruthless.

Then I'd put him against an inside mid 100 contests and tell him he doesn't leave until he finds respect.

For every pissant trait he has, he still suffers from weak and pathetic coaching at what used to be the nmfc.

This club is the new Carlton. Management has fkd then over bigtime in a time of desperation.
I remember for the last 3 years I kept saying Port were the new Richmond. Then Richmond won a flag.

I remember for the last 3 years I kept saying Port were the new Richmond. Then Richmond won a flag.
Thanks to those pesky kids questioning the board to such a degree.

Well, I can't see any other logical reason why that putrid club won a flag.

It's a strange feeling when a culture has been used up and all you're left with is the amateurs that left you at the bottom of the barrel.

If Thomas comes back to Port I can see him ending up playing the Krakouer role in the SANFL.
Neade will have to go to the wing/half forward, Johnson will be a small forward/forward flanker.
*****DO NOT WANT*****. nothing but a undisciplined cheating diving prick.

That may be the case but in the 5 years from 2012-2016 he scored 207 goals. I could put up with any amount of cheating and diving if he can do that for us.

But to put some balance in the debate, I have noticed forwards get a lot less frees this year when they are touched and flop over. Lindsay could become a victim of this change.

That may be the case but in the 5 years from 2012-2016 he scored 207 goals. I could put up with any amount of cheating and diving if he can do that for us.

But to put some balance in the debate, I have noticed forwards get a lot less frees this year when they are touched and flop over. Lindsay could become a victim of this change.
As harsh of a critic as I've been of Thomas...there's home and away wins that are just vital for potential success.

If you don't get to the dance, there's not a lot of point practicing.

Proven goal kicker, still at an age where he could have one or two years of good footy left in him. At worst he's a great pick up for the Magpies. It's a yes from me.

And re his diving and being a cheat, etc - carn. We just got booted out of the finals because of a diving cheat and people want to pretend there's some kind of prize for being sportsmanlike? Give me a spell.

If true, this signals a real change of attitude from the club.

It's no longer about being good guys, being humble and investing in youth. It's about one thing and one thing only- winning the flag.

The only relevant question now is "would Thomas help us win a GF in 2018?". It's not relevant whether he ducks, is a top bloke or gets cheap free kicks. Will he help us win the GF?

Maybe, we just became ruthless.

I once complained to my father that Grêmio was trying to hire a very talented, but completely SoB. His reply was short, straight, and unforgettable (as usual):

— But do you want him to be your son-in-law or to play for Grêmio?

Proven goal kicker, still at an age where he could have one or two years of good footy left in him. At worst he's a great pick up for the Magpies. It's a yes from me.

And re his diving and being a cheat, etc - carn. We just got booted out of the finals because of a diving cheat and people want to pretend there's some kind of prize for being sportsmanlike? Give me a spell.

Diving is a skill.

Would be pretty pissed off if we took Thomas. He was genuinely abysmal this year and was for the majority of last, cringed at the comment earlier about him being a good leader and potential captain for the Magpies - yes, being selfish in front of goal, history of multiple reports & suspensions for pathetic impulsive incidents, drops head when the chips are down are fantastic leadership qualities. Go back three to four years and at least had the mercurial ability to offset those traits but not now.

If we want a DFA as a role model and leader in the two's, would much prefer we look at Rhys Palmer. Plays a variety of roles, still reasonably effective at AFL level, highly regarded person at each club he's been at who I would expect to be looking at some kind of coaching/mentoring pathway post footy career.

I recall some guests on "Open Mike" mentioned towards the very end of their careers they were suspended for irregular acts of striking, etc. These players were frustrated in their inability to compete to their own expectations and felt their position in the team was at risk-- the game had past them.

I remember in May Thomas was suspended for three weeks for a dirty act in the VFL. This made me that the game had past him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibson, Mullett, Thomas and now Swallow? Are you gonna have any players left next year?
Swallow may end up staying due to this issue, plus two promising rookies will be promoting. North have absolutely gutted the dead wood. Good luck with next year boys. Top 4 certainties for mine.

We don't generally get anyone we headhunt wrong. Thomas will go ok.

I genuinely fear for North now, with their Tasmania venture they may have set themselves up for a fall. Unlike Carlton they don’t have the supporter base to make such errors and could end up in a precarious situation. We know how that feels here.

I’m a bit meh about this. And I’m biased because I hate him. But if I had to pick between Lindsay Thomas or Aidyn Johnson playing for us in a Grand Final, Lindsay every day of the week.

Begs the question though of why Norf didn’t just include him as part of that pick swap?
Possibly because we did not want to pay the contracted amount. They could have agreed to pay some if the contract, but I suppose it is neater for them to pay him out and we contract him for one or two years on a lower amount.

I'm meh about Thomas. Our recruiting policy is to get players who can be part of the system for several years. This off season we are concentrating on conversion and Thomas could be part of that equation. Thomas is a more important fit and has much more game time in him than White. Thomas doesn't get injured. Thomas' year wasn't as terrible as people are making out. Thomas is a shanking diver who could be very good at a new home?!

Anyway. Meh. Ports gets it right most times.

I'm still confused as to why we juggled our picks to have five picks of similar value. i.e. late trades with St Kilda and North. I'm assuming we are going to use them?

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/110973/Lindsay-THOMAS
Lindsay THOMAS
#12 North Melbourne

Height: 180cm Weight: 79kg Position:
2017 Digest: Veteran small forward has got through another summer. Form in JLT been so-so but is fit and ready to attack the season.

2017 NAB Cup:

2017 Season
1 WCE Worked hard defensively in front half, but is paid to kick goals and he missed a few he should gobble up. 4
2 Geel Two goals from limited opportunities and for the most part he was well held by Mackie. 4
3 GWS Found it hard to shake clear of Shaw although kept himself in the game somewhat with pressure efforts. 4
4 WB Horror day hit rock bottom when his flying shot to win game in final five seconds missed. Not a 200th to remember. 2
5 Frem Quiet. Only six touches and not score. 3
6 VFL Proved to be one of the differences for the Tigers with four goals in win over Essendon. -
7 VFL Came to the fore in the final term in attack, but will be sidelined for a while after being booked for a crude bump. -
8 Suspended.
9 Suspended.
10 Suspended.
11 Suspended.
12 Suspended.
13 VFL Kicked two and had an impact, but looks set for another suspension. -
14 Suspended.
15 GCS Late inclusion and appeared to struggle with the tempo of the match. Swung between attack and defence. 3
16 Frem Used off half back – mostly opposed to Tucker. Worth persisting with as he was okay. 6
17 Port Playing as a defender since his return to the seniors, reads the drop of the footy well but he fumbled the footy too often. 4
18 VFL Lively throughout the day, providing plenty of chances despite the tough conditions. Two goals, three behinds. -
19 VFL Did little team things in the first half and showed he was a class above in second half. Got to the right spots at the right time. -
20 VFL Lacked impact overall with just eight touches and a couple of behinds. -
21 VFL On fire early with three goals, then wasn’t at his best. Finished with 3.4. -
22 VFL His only goal was a cracker. In and out of the game though. -
23 Bris In a possible career crossroads game he booted three goals and did his bit. 5

While I don’t disagree with your point I got the impression from Cripps that we would use the picks next year to move up on the draft.
The counter Is with the suggestion live pick trading and possibly player trades occurring during the draft next year it’s hard to know what exactly we need in the way of list flexibility.

We need the flexibility in this year's list so we can create space at the end of next year. As I see it we take three players in the draft and two Delists on one year deals.
Eddy is on the rookie list.

If we keep White for 2018, agree, it will most certainly be his last year.

We have been running with 38 players on the main list. We can go up to 40. That gives us two more spots.

So we need only one more to move on for the four picks. Don't be surprised if Westhoff retires at the end of 2018. I feel as if we are expecting this from Westhoff.

We have some very good players coming out of contract in 2018, and hopefully we secure them this year since we have crted salary space. The interesting ones will be Palmer, Toumpas, Drew, and Neade.

Robbie and Boaky are nearing the end of their careers, but all going well, they will be with us in 2019.

Eddy, along with Houston, was elevated to the senior list in 2017 to give us a list of 40 players. We have to decide where Eddy fits in 2018. Doubtless Houston will be reatined on our senior list but not so sure about Eddy.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-03-15/upgrades-eddy-houston-join-seniors

I can't see LT getting a game unless there's a host of injuries I guess if they want mature cover for a small forward role he's in the frame but he'd spend all year in the maggies IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back