Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers will do everything to keep pick 6 apart from trading Martin and Rance.
And I can understand that but what can you offer, Ellis is way off value and bundling another average footballer in say Conca makes the deal even less attractive.

Can't see how you keep 6 without some how bundling Ellis, Vickery and Conca to some poor clubs and then somehow turning whatever you get into another 1st rounder, possible yes, likely no

And I can understand that but what can you offer, Ellis is way off value and bundling another average footballer in say Conca makes the deal even less attractive.

Can't see how you keep 6 without some how bundling Ellis, Vickery and Conca to some poor clubs and then somehow turning whatever you get into another 1st rounder, possible yes, likely no

Not saying pick 6 is not a fair deal but they will try and hang onto it. Be interesting to see what happens with Tigers recruiting dept seeing most being replaced.

Not saying pick 6 is not a fair deal but they will try and hang onto it. Be interesting to see what happens with Tigers recruiting dept seeing most being replaced.
Yeah I understand, will take some serious wheeling and dealing. And wil need to be done fast to ensure the Dion deal gets done

I think it should be on paper the easiest trade to complete in recent times. Pick 6 is nearly exactly what Prestia is worth imo, would be happy to draft him top 10 in most drafts.

It would be so Richmond to trade Ellis. The guy made the AA squad at 21 and somehow they're going to give him up at a bargain basement price at 23. Monumentally stupid.
With an attacking gamplan hed be back to his 2013-14 best imo. His year was average (not deplorable) but expect him to bounce back. Has the talent and work ethic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's take a breather here, we are talking about Richmond who are at the bottom end of the recruiting competency ladder.

Pick 6 for Prestia is a no brainer, it's what Prestia is worth. That Prestia has chosen Richmond just messes with my mind but he has so if I was Richmond I'd get the paperwork in at 10am first day of trading before Prestia changes his mind.

Or Richmond being Richmond may choose to try and keep pick 6 and stuff around Gold Coast for most of trade week then have another Melb club like Saints or Dees agree to trade their first for Prestia who then agrees to that trade because he thinks Richmond can't get the deal done, ala Dees trumping Freo for Clarke because Freo was stuffing around.

So Richmond, you can't get this deal done any other way, pick 6 out, Prestia in, just do it before Prestia comes to his senses!

Edit PS - B Ellis is nothing better than a role player that GC do not need.

Let's take a breather here, we are talking about Richmond who are at the bottom end of the recruiting competency ladder.

Pick 6 for Prestia is a no brainer, it's what Prestia is worth. That Prestia has chosen Richmond just messes with my mind but he has so if I was Richmond I'd get the paperwork in at 10am first day of trading before Prestia changes his mind.

Or Richmond being Richmond may choose to try and keep pick 6 and stuff around Gold Coast for most of trade week then have another Melb club like Saints or Dees agree to trade their first for Prestia who then agrees to that trade because he thinks Richmond can't get the deal done, ala Dees trumping Freo for Clarke because Freo was stuffing around.

So Richmond, you can't get this deal done any other way, pick 6 out, Prestia in, just do it before Prestia comes to his senses!

amen

Gold Coast don't want draft picks but thanks for your uninformed troll post anyway. Lol

HAHAHHAHAHA

are you serious??
Hall has 12 months of solid footy Ellis has 3 seasons with 1 down season . He can footy and is worth very similar to hall . Fairly logical trade apart from the fact GC need midfielders and to retain the ones they have . Not a option .

Gold Coast don't want draft picks but thanks for your uninformed troll post anyway. Lol
They may WANT draft picks but they sure as hell DON'T WANT Richmond's dross either.

Funny how when a poster puts things into a sensible perspective that doesn't agree with your own skewed view of the world they are an "uninformed troll".

Gold Coast will take pick 6 because they can then do other deals using what would then be 7 picks inside first 27. There are other clubs with players who would be good for Gold Coast that struggle to get a game because of the strength of their own side that GC could trade in with picks. Tom Mitchell would be on GC radar for sure, pick 6 for Mitchell about right.

That uninformed troll poster is absolutely correct, Richmond can't get this deal done without using pick 6 and if they try to keep pick 6 they run the risk of alienating Prestia and manager who might then entertain other clubs who can get the deal done. Prestia is Ricmond's to lose and given their general incompetence could muck up another top trade!

So accept that posters from other clubs may actually be able to see trades far more clearly than you can because they don't wear yellow and black glasses!

unless we get Cotchin or Deledio I don't see us trading with Richmond save its a straight pick 6 swap but picks are not what we are chasing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back