Review Dogs 133 def Tigers 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liked the midfield setup as well, I'm on the Bevo out train but to his credit moving Richards to a full-time a mid role and having Macrae become the defensive midfielder starting the stoppages in the F50 and then rolling up as an extra mid worked very well.

I'm definitely on board with the Richards midfield experience. Thought he was solid there against St Kilda, bit iffy against Fremantle but in general I think he has attributes that suit him as a midfielder.

I'm fully out on what he was last week. Essentially half forward with limited centre bounce opportunities. If we can't fit him in the main midfield mix when Libba is in the team then I want Richards playing in defense, he's too good of a defender to be a bit part half forward.

Long term, definitely see him being a full time midfielder in the post Libba, post Treloar timeline.

Can we get Riewoldt in as forward coach.

Listening to him talk post game about the forward line and key forwards and what needs to be the next evolution of them to move to another level, shows how much knowledge he has
He has a superb football brain.

Sure, Jack was talented, but I always thought his footy IQ got him above where his ability suggested the ceiling was.

He was effectively an on-field forwards coach and his retirement has made a massive hole for the Tigers.

I feel like we see a different personality with this team every week.

Felt like the handballing to advantage was really good tonight.

I have zero confidence in next week, but if there’s ever a game we are going to get up for it would be this one. A few cracks appearing in the orange tsunami (which is now the orange sprinkler).
Pressure mate, we go to water under even the slightest pressure unfortunately.

This could be the biggest front runner team of all time, haven’t beaten a good side in 3 years but our % is literally 3rd with a 4-5 record. The opposition 99% dictates this teams Performance unfortunately

First of all, can we play on the G more often?

Second, that was like witches hat stuff. Seriously embarrassing display from the Tigers. Horrendously poor.

Anyway, there were some promising moments from us.

Darcy, Harmes, Treloar (absolutely love him) and Richards.

Good win, bank it and onto next week. That's the test. Getting a win against a legitimate contender in a week where we don't get our arses handed to us by the media. Lose next week and the week after and tonight means absolutely zero.

Last edited:
Adam Treloar is seriously underrated.

Not underrated in the sense that people don’t think he’s good - just don’t realize just how good he actually is.

Would be leading our best and fairest at the moment.

On the game, after last week’s effort, was shitscared about tonight, so a relief to win and win easily, but it doesn’t really prove much, Richmond are not ordinary to say the least.

If we beat the giants we may have something.

At the moment we’ve beaten 2 poor sides, 1 average side and 1 average/good side.
Treloar would be the best midfielder at several clubs. Flies under the radar courtesy of Bont!

I'm definitely on board with the Richards midfield experience. Thought he was solid there against St Kilda, bit iffy against Fremantle but in general I think he has attributes that suit him as a midfielder.

I'm fully out on what he was last week. Essentially half forward with limited centre bounce opportunities. If we can't fit him in the main midfield mix when Libba is in the team then I want Richards playing in defense, he's too good of a defender to be a bit part half forward.

Long term, definitely see him being a full time midfielder in the post Libba, post Treloar timeline.
Richards said on Ch7 after the game that he had a couple of issues the last week or two. I took that to mean he was playing with a slight injury niggle.

If true it sheds a different light on those weeks and could explain why he spent some time up forward.

He seemed pretty happy with his form tonight though.

The extra yard of pace he brings has a big impact on our CBs. Tackle count was good too. Definitely worth persevering with him in this role,

Just like after the St Kilda win, it’s cool in all but honestly means nothing in the grand scheme of things until they play consistently. I walk away with a very meh feeling after games like these.
Exactly. It means nothing. Having healthy percentage is great, as well as some serious form in some of our younger players.

Now onto GWS.

Given I was the first person in here to call for it two years ago.

Im taking all the credit for Richard's game tonight.

Youse is welcome.
I went back and had a look at a conversation in the thread about our the future of the club last year. A few including I detailed why Richards would work as a mid. There were some very popular posters who s**t canned the idea. Even calling it nuffy level.

No matter how popular some posters are, doesn't mean they "see" the game.

There will be more bumps in the road for Richards buts it's clear as day he must be part of the mid rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win should improve our confidence. JUH worries me. Reminds me of Josh Hill, Needs to learn his forward craft. Looks lazy and out of touch atm.

Be bloody nice if we could find a way to keep Baz & all of a sudden our midfield for the future looks good (even beyond Libba & Adz) with Baz, Sanders, Richards, Bont + a few others rotating through (Garcia, Gags, draft picks etc)

And if we don't keep him we extract the maximum value for him, no getting bent over this time. I want overs.

I’m off Bev as much as anyone but you gotta give him credit for the Richards move…

I dunno, man. I'm just an idiot who has never played footy above C grade high school level when I was 16 and even I thought Richards should move into the guts since before this season. It was always an obvious move even without the benefit of hindsight.

Very surprised to see the 2021 version of Alex Keath last night... if he can keep that form our backline looks a hell of a lot better.

Also, Darcy has potential to tear the league apart in a couple of seasons.

Good victory but Jamarra is a worry
He's done nothing all season except get in the way of the proper forwards, sook if he doesn't get the ball and has no interest in doing any defensive work in the forward line, needs time in the VFL to learn how to be a team man.

It's great to get a win. It was nothing more than a training run really.
We did what we had to do. Bad goal kicking snuffed out a 140 point win.
I liked Garcia's continued improvement, JUHs form a bit concerning, Gallagher short armed a marking contest in 3rd quarter, Richards needs to be persevered with in the middle.
I'm happy to rotate kids instead of Daniel, I would also prefer to run Sanders ahead of Macrae. We aren't making finals so getting kids games and experience is paramount.
Macrae style and lack of penetration is an albatross round our necks. He played okay last night but not great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back