Review Dogs 133 def Tigers 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Be bloody nice if we could find a way to keep Baz & all of a sudden our midfield for the future looks good (even beyond Libba & Adz) with Baz, Sanders, Richards, Bont + a few others rotating through (Garcia, Gags, draft picks etc)
There is a bit to work with Gags has some dash and agility. In time will be a very useful mid rotation to change the mix and present a different challenge to the opposition

Good win should improve our confidence. JUH worries me. Reminds me of Josh Hill, Needs to learn his forward craft. Looks lazy and out of touch atm.
It's Marra's kicking that is the bigger worry. He either has zero confidence at the minute or his action has become seriously flawed. Had some easy shots that never even looked close to being a goal
EDIT : Auto correct strikes again

Last edited:

Seriously Richmond we’re so bad I wondered if they were tanking.
Nope they just have a genuinely large injury list a lot of inexperienced players out there last night and they lost 2 early to injury and then Rioli with minutes to go.
What did surprise me a little last night was how diminished Dusty is as a player. At his peak just couldn't tackle him , but he was getting picked off regularly last night. Could well be his last season he still played a reasonable match but not anything like what he used to be able to do

There is a bit to work with Gags has some dash and agility. In time will be a very useful mid rotation to change the mix and present a different challenge to the opposition
Think he has all the makings of an elite half back, really want to see him down there

I’m a big fan of his down back but have to say he does give the mids something we’ve been crying out for. Balance.

He was outstanding. Good inside game which was badly lacking in previous weeks. And got plenty on the outside, which should be the case being a gun half backer.

I’d like to see that form continue against better opposition than Richmond, before being convinced it’s the right thing moving forward though.

Kinda goes for the whole team. 90 pts against one of the worst teams we’ve played in recent years. Let’s see what happens next week against decent opposition.

I said it in the match thread but you can't help but think if Keath was in instead of Buku we win these games:

Geelong - buku got slaughtered a few times 1 on 1
Fremantle - Treacy isn't doing that to Keath
Hawthorn - No explanation required

I'm all for regenerating the list but it's a very different season if the above are Ws.

BOG to Adam Treloar what a season he is having and is just a ripping bloke

He's done nothing all season except get in the way of the proper forwards, sook if he doesn't get the ball and has no interest in doing any defensive work in the forward line, needs time in the VFL to learn how to be a team man.

As much as I think that whole post is a touch hyperbolic...

...it is interesting that a bit of lip back and forth between JUH and Bont last week was widely construed as Bont's 'fault'.

JUH was at it all game last night. (And then didn't commit when he really needed to once or twice).

Really poor game which was obviously highlighted by most others playing exceptionally well.

[I know we're not nit-picking, but...], West worries me as well.

He seems to me like our Sam Powell-Pepper.
Does some really good things, I'm glad he's on our team and not against us, but man he does some stoopid stuff. Just random moments that just seem dumb to me. (*)

(*) Purely on field only comparison. Completely ignoring any off-field or personality issues.

I said it in the match thread but you can't help but think if Keath was in instead of Buku we win these games:

Geelong - buku got slaughtered a few times 1 on 1
Fremantle - Treacy isn't doing that to Keath
Hawthorn - No explanation required

I'm all for regenerating the list but it's a very different season if the above are Ws.

BOG to Adam Treloar what a season he is having and is just a ripping bloke
Keath played vs Tiggers let’s wait and see next 4 weels what it looks like

That applies to most players also

Last edited:
I don’t get all the facetious comments, suggesting people are getting carried away. ‘Let’s sign up Bevo’ etc. I think everyone understands that Richmond were well below strength and one win doesn’t guarantee anything. Did we need to win by 300 points for it to be credible or something? Some folks were just waiting to smack Bevo whether we lost or won I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I went back and had a look at a conversation in the thread about our the future of the club last year. A few including I detailed why Richards would work as a mid. There were some very popular posters who s**t canned the idea. Even calling it nuffy level.

No matter how popular some posters are, doesn't mean they "see" the game.

There will be more bumps in the road for Richards buts it's clear as day he must be part of the mid rotation.
He’s part of the evolution. Long live Bevo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeap most on here with a good understanding of the way the game is evolving have been advocating Richards in the middle. I’ve been on the train for a few years and was glad when I knew it was going to happen this year. Sometimes the answer to problems lies within. Richards has all the hallmarks of a modern day onballer. It won’t happen overnight, it was against a weak Richmond but we need to persist as it’s the future. The pot shooting poster who loves to put down any poster with a different view than him has proved time and time again that he has no clue.

Yeap most on here with a good understanding of the way the game is evolving have been advocating Richards in the middle. I’ve been on the train for a few years and was glad when I knew it was going to happen this year. Sometimes the answer to problems lies within. Richards has all the hallmarks of a modern day onballer. It won’t happen overnight, it was against a weak Richmond but we need to persist as it’s the future. The pot shooting poster who loves to put down any poster with a different view than him has proved time and time again that he has no clue.

And the thing is, he’s only now learning how to play the position, especially the contested ball winning aspect. To think he’s so early in his midfield tenure yet has made good impact already is something we all should be encouraged by in terms of how he and the team could evolve.

Last edited:
Can only beat what’s in front of you but that game from Richmond was up there with one of the worst performances I’ve seen. We should’ve won that by 180 points.

Richards was awesome. Got that wrong in not wanting him in the middle. Treloar is leading our best and fairest atm. Liam Jones a gun. Bont is Bont. Only downside for me was Bramble. Think he’s been given a fair chance but just not at the standard. Cleary was much better for me.

Very surprised to see the 2021 version of Alex Keath last night... if he can keep that form our backline looks a hell of a lot better.

Also, Darcy has potential to tear the league apart in a couple of seasons.
I was on the railing when the team were going off after the game. The usual crew were at the front clapping but Keath was hanging up the back with his head down. I shouted "Well done Alex!". He looked up, smiled and gave me a thumbs up.
Very good game from him.

2 alpha dogs? You mean 3 or 4 right?
Sure, absolutely. But the main issue has been the conflict between JUH and Naughton flying for the same ball.

Weightman complicates matters and Darcy and his reach is on errr... an entirely different level.
I went back and had a look at a conversation in the thread about our the future of the club last year. A few including I detailed why Richards would work as a mid. There were some very popular posters who s**t canned the idea. Even calling it nuffy level.

No matter how popular some posters are, doesn't mean they "see" the game.

There will be more bumps in the road for Richards buts it's clear as day he must be part of the mid rotation.

Yes, yes yes, thats all very nice, but the important thing is to acknowledge that I was first and was howled down by all the lesser experts than I. My farsighted heroism and all round awesomeness needs to be acknowledged!!!!

Last edited:
Bailey Dale’s willingness to attempt dangerous passes was brave after last week’s turnover game and I thought it really opened things up at times when he nailed them.

My brother said in 1998 that Ed Richards should be moved into the middle

I am so glad that through a lengthy career and plenty of injuries and tribulations a veteran Adam Treloar continues to pump out games like that. 41 touches is still 41 touches.
Used it better than he has in some other games imo. Liked his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back