Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Give any AFL team that much time and space they will cut you up. No pressure on the Carlton ball carrier at any time

On the upside, my 7 year old nephew (Blues supporter) decided to rub it in.

Oh yeah, and how many games have you seen them win? Did dad have to teach you the words to the song at the end of the match? My kids can’t even remember how many times we’ve won. Hey kids remind your cousin that you’ve seen a flag.

I had to back off once his eyes started watering 😂😂

There’s an arrogance in the club that is really annoying me .
It’s starts at the very top.
Lack of decent information to its member base as demonstrated all off season which continues as the season progress.
Team Selections .
Player recruitment ( recruit and not play ).
Player positioning.
1 st quarter performances.
It’s goes on & on for me but I leave that there .
I am a long term bulldog person who has good teams morph into years of crap I can say there is nothing for our club to be arrogant about .
They underestimated GC desire to beat us and allowed them in that first quarter to gain what was a match winning lead . There was bloody good chance to go 3-0 . What led to that led 1 st quarter ? Yes GC played well but they sat back and allowed that to go before waking up and realising that had to get to work .
There was some fight against the pies ( Friday night players were on prime time and played that way).
Rolled out the GC crap against the blues but worked hard on actually maintains the poor performance for all 4 quarters .
In the last minute before every home game they play EJ’s famous coaching plea to his team to fight like the working class team that we are .
We need to get back to our roots and fight like we did in 16 and 54 and leave the arrogance bullshit well behind .
If I should like a grumpy old man it’s because I am indeed that right now .

Give any AFL team that much time and space they will cut you up. No pressure on the Carlton ball carrier at any time

thats the way we play. our players dont bust their arses off. no gut running/sprinting. its prob coaching instructed to save energy for our usual 4th qt tight wins

Our woeful conversion doesn't work for that. Oppo never think they are out of it as we can't put a score on the board.
We played bad but if our conversion had of been better we could of put some score board pressure on. Would of then seen Carlton's confidence would have evaporated. We just are unable to convert play into goals

Wood is playing like a complete hack and should have the captaincy stripped from him and be go to the VFL to see if there's anything left.
I think Wood is done could not see him being able to turn it around. He just doesn't bring any leadership, he looks lost out there if he has to do anything other than float around loose in the backline

What is the difference between going the dentist and watching the bulldogs try to score? Not much they are both painful the only difference is one visit to the dentist costs about the same as a whole season membership.

Last edited:
21% of the season has gone and we are 1 game and %age out of the 8. We should be thankful that this happened at this stage of the year. No one will remember or care that we let Carlton score 100 points in April, in September.
They will as if we keep serving up that tripe I don't know where our next win will come from.
Looking at the next 4 matches the only possible win I see is maybe the Lions but not hard to imagine Hipwood tearing us apart

How far in front of Bont is Cripps now?

The guy is an absolute beast and Bontempelli goal kicking is deplorable from a so called “elite” footballer.

I know honestly think Bont is 50/50 to stay after his next contract.

Cripps 1 inside 50 and 80m gained playing 100% time in the middle. Had 11 clerances.
Bont playing half the game there had 7 clerances, 7 inside 50's and 500+m gained.
Cripps game is seriously overrated today and his just not damaging enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the positive side, we’ve at least gotten most of our toughest games out of the way. So now we just have to beat West Coast and Freo in Perth, Geelong in Geelong, and Richmond*, and we’ll go to the break 8 and 3!!!!

*In no way am I assuming we’ll beat the Kangaroos or Brisbane.

Last edited:
Sorry champ. I've sat through many a flogging in my 30 years supporting the club (I used to cry after losses as a kid, sometimes as an adult).

Now in my late 30s and with young kids, I don't have the time or patience to sit there and watch us get flogged by a side that has been an embarassment for more than a decade. Waste of time.

This is similar to me. I take my seven year old to the game, he loves it but was very frustrated by the end so we left with five minutes to go. I have two younger kids at home and live 80-90 minutes drive away, so it’s a decent chunk of the day to be away from them and my wife.

Not that it’ll matter much to others or even the club, but that’s six hours and probably fifty bucks (parking, petrol etc) on top of membership costs - time and money I’m happy to spend for attending the game, win or lose. But not if team selection is effectively sabotaging the chance to win, or coaching is shockingly poor, or the players are inept. Yesterday fell into the first two rather than the third I think.

It’s a first world problem, I get it. Just some insight into decision making in terms of leaving a game or maybe even deciding not to go at all. In different circumstances I’d be happy to stay, drink beer and wander into the city after the game- not an option right now.

If the club continues on the path that’s been tread the past few weeks - arguably the past two seasons - I’ll probably end up keeping my membership so the club can have my money (that won’t change), but will need to be a lot more selective about when I go to games. That makes me a little sad, and if it makes me a bad supporter so be it. I just can’t spend that time and money every week or two and be angry for six hours, it’s not worth it on a variety of levels.

I wonder if there's a flu virus going through the club that theyre not mentioning.
Ive had it more than a week and couldnt imagine training or playing with it.

The general lethargy and some odd positional placements (libba in particular) makes me wonder if some were being looked after where possible and as best they could.

I mean what would/could you actually do if half a team had a virus. It must happen from time to time but its never reflected in the outs. They just play inexplicably badly that week.

Attachments

• DhvM55QX0AAnrzx.jpg
    DhvM55QX0AAnrzx.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 131
I know it won't happen but if a decent offer came up I would trade Hunter. Gets 30 stats but not a single one hurts the opposition. The other teams must rub there hands together when they see Hunter with it, knowing that they are a strong chance to get it back!!

Sutton medal notwithstanding, he's clearly been getting on my goat for some time, so I watched him quite closely at the ground yesterday. It was noticeable that he was doing his usual amount of work running up, down and across the ground working as a link man. However it was also noticeable that either by accident or design he would constantly position himself in no mans land defensively leaving him unable to impact the contest. When he did find himself in those positions he shirked all responsibility with a flailing attempt at a block or a tackle. Its an attribute thats been in his game for a very long time.

Last edited:
This is similar to me. I take my seven year old to the game, he loves it but was very frustrated by the end so we left with five minutes to go. I have two younger kids at home and live 80-90 minutes drive away, so it’s a decent chunk of the day to be away from them and my wife.

Not that it’ll matter much to others or even the club, but that’s six hours and probably fifty bucks (parking, petrol etc) on top of membership costs - time and money I’m happy to spend for attending the game, win or lose. But not if team selection is effectively sabotaging the chance to win, or coaching is shockingly poor, or the players are inept. Yesterday fell into the first two rather than the third I think.

It’s a first world problem, I get it. Just some insight into decision making in terms of leaving a game or maybe even deciding not to go at all. In different circumstances I’d be happy to stay, drink beer and wander into the city after the game- not an option right now.

If the club continues on the path that’s been tread the past few weeks - arguably the past two seasons - I’ll probably end up keeping my membership so the club can have my money (that won’t change), but will need to be a lot more selective about when I go to games. That makes me a little sad, and if it makes me a bad supporter so be it. I just can’t spend that time and money every week or two and be angry for six hours, it’s not worth it on a variety of levels.

Couldn't put it any better. I'm the same. Watching us play right now makes me frustrated and upset more often than not and I don't want to be like that especially with a young family. I left the game early in the last and I don't apologise for that.

Didn’t think we would be so bad this season, purely because of our engine room & the stars it has. But if the key doesn’t start it up, we are blown away in every aspect.

Just embarrassed, nothing more to add.
Be interesting to see how Carlton go from here. I’ve thought for a while they are much better than win losses show. Couple of new faces and good selection bringing in Harry Mackay etc and they burn us.
This year hard to pick
I think we really missed Jordan Roughead
Some of our youth is overrated and maybe selection showed a bit of disrespect
Way we were beaten yesterday was as bad as anything.

Some home truths: Cordy is not up to it. Try him forward or trade him. Gowers and Dunkley aren’t forwards. Dickson is DONE. Easton Wood is done. Richards and English need a spell. Hunter is a very average footballer who doesn’t hurt teams. Why did we sign him for 5 years ffs. Why did we sign Trengove for 4 years when we’re not gonna play him? Serious questions need to be asked from Chris Grant to the match committee and Bevo why they didn’t pick a side to give us the best chance to win the game yesterday. The whole situation yesterday should be looked at for tanking.

Be interesting to see how Carlton go from here. I’ve thought for a while they are much better than win losses show. Couple of new faces and good selection bringing in Harry Mackay etc and they burn us.
This year hard to pick
I think we really missed Jordan Roughead
Some of our youth is overrated and maybe selection showed a bit of disrespect
Way we were beaten yesterday was as bad as anything.
Don’t be silly we made Carlton look top 4. Hawthorn will win by 60+ next week in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back