Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely disgusting performance today, worst in years, never looked like it all day. Worst forward line and delivery in the league, we are officially a rabble. Bailey Smith, Crozier, Caleb Daniel, hold your head up, the rest, get stuffed. Please come out and say that’s not good enough Bevo, for flaming once, just be honest not good enough

Had to move Naughton back after the first quarter the writing was on the wall. Going small could have thrown
Carlton's tall defence out of whack and given Liam Jones no obvious match up. I would like to say that the
novelty of Tim English getting his hands to the ball threw the midfielders out of whack as they were taking
up their defensive positions preparing to "shark". Sadly this was a big game reflected in my cryptic Chris
Nolan like banner that stretched out to eight lines. A lot of head scratching done today and some of the
moves were just pathetic, lost the game on Wednesday night at team selection.

Feels like a bloody miracle - and from a 2019 perspective it was. Only this club could achieve this level of patheticness after winning a premiership just over 2 years ago. The starry eyed will say their yeahs and nuts- I've tried to remain level headed. And I think I still am when I say that was a bloody disgrace and there's something going on down there that we don't know about. David Parkin said something similar on radio on way home. Certain players being disciplined by being sidelined and it wasn't just for poor performance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not picking JT after dropping Schache and knowing Carlton would go tall totally flummoxes me. So if there is a discplinary issue then that at least makes sense.

Maybe all the tall players and all the skilled ones like Lipi and Lynch all took a s**t on the coach's front lawn...

That was disgraceful, embarrassing. Massive Bevo fan, but he needs to own this. We lost this game before the ball was bounced. All of our top liners were poor today, let alone the fringe players. We are crucifying the skipper by asking him to play KPD. Growers tries hard and has energy, but he is the most incompetent shot for goal and field kick in the side. Jong is poor by foot and a questionable decision maker, but at least he penetrates the game so he is a better option. Sad but true.

Outs: Gowers, Young(not ready), Williams(don’t see what others do) Lloyd (soft)
In: Jong, Roberts, Trengrove, Lipinski

Can we at least try to line up like a normal football side with 2 KPD (Roberts FB, Cordy CHB) 2 KPF (Naughton and English until Boyd is ready).

Perform or your next: Hunter, Dunkley, Wallis, Dickson

How do we possibly fix our forwardline? We rarely can hit a target going in, which either means having a ping from beyond the paint or turning it straight over and getting scored against on the rebound. On the rare occasion that we do hit someone, they're often in difficult positions and can't convert (or sometimes in easy positions and still miss).

It's clearly the most frustrating to watch as a supporter. No use having a dominant midfield if we can't turn it into a scoreline which can challenge an opponent.

Our midfield got taught a lesson today. I miss the days when I could pretend we had at least one area of competence.

21% of the season has gone and we are 1 game and %age out of the 8. We should be thankful that this happened at this stage of the year. No one will remember or care that we let Carlton score 100 points in April, in September.

How do we possibly fix our forwardline? We rarely can hit a target going in, which either means having a ping from beyond the paint or turning it straight over and getting scored against on the rebound. On the rare occasion that we do hit someone, they're often in difficult positions and can't convert (or sometimes in easy positions and still miss).

It's clearly the most frustrating to watch as a supporter. No use having a dominant midfield if we can't turn it into a scoreline which can challenge an opponent.

Here’s how.

Play a large tall forward (200cm, 100kg) who is deep and can bring the ball to ground as well as ruck chop out - Tom Boyd or if he isn’t up to it bring someone in who can.

Naughton to CHF - he is better using his athleticism up the ground in between the arcs (see 3rd Quarter of Collingwood game)

Get rid of two inside mid plodders and bring in smart speedy forwards who are opportunistic and can provide run down pressure.

I don’t even think it would be that difficult a thing to fix, it’s just that our brain dead staff aren’t doing anything to fix it.

1. Get rid of the nothing kicks going inside 50 that make it near impossible for a forward to mark the footy.
2. Get better/more creative ball users going I50
3. Get actual forwards and play them instead of playing mids out of position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF was that?
Once again we've made a lowly team look good.
A bunch of short people lost in the land of giants.
Do we practice the hospital pass by hand and foot?
We are very good at that.
It's clear we don't practice shooting at goal, although maybe Lloyd sneaks off for a few shots in the park when the coaches aren't looking.
The team was shot mentally today.
Normally skilled players fumbled at every opportunity, then made the wrong decision if they were able to hold onto the pill.
I've never criticised Beveridge before, but he has to take the blame for us serving up a steaming pile of dung.

The calls for the coach to give himself an uppercut and wake up are now deafening. A Premiership doesn't entitle anyone to continue to dish up this s**t. It's time to admit the strategy is broken and to completely re-calibrate.
I've usually known you to be quite the positive voice of reason and after today I feel quite deflated.

I’d make 5 changes. I’m not expecting these players to change the game, but what it can do is fix our team balance and gives us a base to work from. Only a question of if Tom Boyd is fit- if he isn’t Trengove gets his spot.

FB: Duryea, Cordy, La. Young
HB: Crozier, Le. Young, Suckling
C: Hunter, Liberatore, Johannisen
HF: McLean, Naughton, Dale
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Lloyd
FOL: English, Bontempelli, Macrae
INT: Richards, B. Smith, Daniel, Gowers

Richards and Smith through the wings and middle, Daniel through the back half, and Gowers through the forwardline. English and Schache to also rotate.

IN: Suckling, Duryea, Dale, Young, Boyd
OUT: Wood, Williams, Wallis, Dunkley, Hayes

Hayes very stiff solely out on team balance, as is Williams. Other three have just been awful.
Bont to captain.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trengove simply has to come in.

No ifs, no buts.

He’s not Grundy or Gawn but he’s the best available ruckman we’ve got And English is getting slaughtered each week.

We are doing English absolutely no favors at the moment.

21% of the season has gone and we are 1 game and %age out of the 8. We should be thankful that this happened at this stage of the year. No one will remember or care that we let Carlton score 100 points in April, in September.

Lol mate it’s over. If you think this coach and list is making finals you need a reality check.

We are currently the worst team in the AFL

Good on the selection committee.

I hope they put in West, Vandemeer and Whoever next week.

If today proved anything Wood, Dickson and Wallis won’t be in our next premiership side.

Yeah!! That's more like it. Why can't these guys be dropped for poor form, fitness problems and lack of effort? Why are their positions in the team sacrosanct?

I’d make 5 changes. I’m not expecting these players to change the game, but what it can do is fix our team balance and gives us a base to work from. Only a question of if Tom Boyd is fit- if he isn’t Trengove gets his spot.

FB: Duryea, Cordy, La. Young
HB: Crozier, Le. Young, Suckling
C: Hunter, Liberatore, Johannisen
HF: McLean, Naughton, Dale
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Lloyd
FOL: English, Bontempelli, Macrae
INT: Richards, B. Smith, Daniel, Gowers

Richards and Smith through the wings and middle, Daniel through the back half, and Gowers through the forwardline. English and Schache to also rotate.

IN: Suckling, Duryea, Dale, Young, Boyd
OUT: Wood, Williams, Wallis, Dunkley, Hayes

Hayes very stiff solely out on team balance, as is Williams. Other three have just been awful.
Bont to captain.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Happy with Gowers? I"m not. Watched Lewis Young v Gold Coast. He was clearly not up to it and assignments are only going to get tougher than that one.

Some of these players who have been around for a while are disgraceful at the moment. Wallis, Dunkley are having no impact, McLean is wasted in whatever role Bev has him playing and there was a couple of sub VFL efforts by Lloyd where we now know why he couldn’t get a game for shitmond

Structure having an under size ruckman (who tried very hard) without support them pumping onto the head of Gowers hoping he takes mark of the year against 195cm backs 4 times a quarter is ridiculous

Get the structure of the side right first as losing against Gold Coast and carltank after winning the first 2 is just embarrassing

We have an experienced premiership full back in Fletcher Roberts yet we are gifting games to undersized third talls.

I’m not a close follower of the VFL so I’m not sure if his form warrants it but it comes to a stage where you have to play him and demand that he stand up.
Instead of having a ridiculously undersized backline when it’s obvious that opposition strengths are their tall marking forwards.

English was completely slaughtered in the ruck. I can't get his feeble performance out of my mind. Except if I think about his performance the previous week. No that didn't help. It was also feeble.

He is too feeble to be an AFL player. Wasted first round pick on display...but not for much longer if there is a God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back