Roast Dwayne Russell (and Dermott)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankfully being at the game, I didn't have to hear them today.

Let me say this though, it could have been worse. It could have been covered by 7 and BT. On Friday night, leaving aside the Buddy milestone, in case you missed it, Brad Close played a very good game for the Cats. Every time he went near the ball, BT managed to tell us yet again, "Close has played very well tonight". Every single time.

You have to laugh at the professionalism of most of the AFL commentators on Fox and Seven. They Labour points, they constantly offer obvious opinions and trade barbs with each other. I say most because i do like Papalia, Bennett, Hudson and Sarah Jones as a host.

Oh how I wish Joe Buck and Tony Romo were AFL commentators.

Don't have an issue with 10+ changes being mentioned because how often are teams making 4+ changes in a week. Two things that pissed me off most were 1. When Mahony did thst little tap over his shoulder that set up a scoring shot he gets doughnuts, even on the replay he gets a passing oh that's a clever tap, can you imagine if it was Ryan or Rioli doing it they would have painted the commentary box white with the ejaculate spewing forth. 2. Derwayne having a chuckle at LDU getting ground into the turf, no mention of a dangerous tackle where the arms are pinned and the player driven forward head first into ground. 🤮

Don't have an issue with 10+ changes being mentioned because how often are teams making 4+ changes in a week. Two things that pissed me off most were 1. When Mahony did thst little tap over his shoulder that set up a scoring shot he gets doughnuts, even on the replay he gets a passing oh that's a clever tap, can you imagine if it was Ryan or Rioli doing it they would have painted the commentary box white with the ejaculate spewing forth. 2. Derwayne having a chuckle at LDU getting ground into the turf, no mention of a dangerous tackle where the arms are pinned and the player driven forward head first into ground. 🤮
Was under the impression, that when pinning the arms, if you didn’t attempt to “roll” the player, you got a week in the sidelines

Yes. The chuckling as LDU was lying on the ground was sickening, and the insistence that the tackle was fine, must be his shoulder…

The 14 changes thing was incredibly dull but it’s typical that they get something to talk about and can’t get out of that rut.

Thankfully my telly has a volume control. Sadly I can't keep crowd noise without commentary.

Is there actually a single commentator that adds anything?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yes me mate Barry Denner was chatting to him last week. Good man, is respectful of the Roos. Is a * supporter and I just seem to be surrounding myself with them.

Oh well.

Derwayne was barracking, he wanted the Eagles, how many times can he say the same thing over and over. Dermie - Not a fan, always tries to sound intelligent and smart when he clearly isn't, tried to keep the balance, but was still crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back