Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like you'll be settling for around pick 15 for him in 2019 then.....When other clubs will be offering him far more than you can afford to.

No all Hawthorn need to do is take his family to a nice meal at Rococo and he will be wearing poo and pee next year!!

His family are in the waste management business so maybe chuck in a few skip bins and an otto to sweeten the pot.

Reckon if the Hawkers are smart they can really get under the AFL’s guard and get this bloke back to Victoria!!!

Surely Kennett has some council contacts that can help out with some surplus bins to get this thing over the line???

Shiel will leave. Option is between this or next year . He isn’t interested in Carlton or north or saints.
It’s between hawthorn who along with Essendon have courted him since 2014.
Cap space huge worry at Essendon though.

Shiel will leave. Option is between this or next year . He isn’t interested in Carlton or north or saints.
I called it first will definitely play with GWS until 2019 season end .

Will he?

Lots of people seem to have the lotto numbers.

Except people have been saying the same thing for 7 years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Good story.
I've read better fiction though.

Will he?

Lots of people seem to have the lotto numbers.

Except people have been saying the same thing for 7 years.

That’s fine, but I don’t know of these people you speak of. These talks happen all the time, not too different to you guys seeking out Luke Breust twice before. It doesn’t meen players are ready to leave. I’m just passing on ‘ some ‘ info for whoever cares.

That’s fine, but I don’t know of these people you speak of. These talks happen all the time, not too different to you guys seeking out Luke Breust twice before. It doesn’t meen players are ready to leave. I’m just passing on ‘ some ‘ info for whoever cares.
I have no doubt approaches are made to players all the time.

Saying he is gone though this year with no evidence or anything to even hint at that is a bit ridiculous though.

He has always re-signed, is contracted to the end of next year and both club and player have ruled it out.

Can things change? Yep. But seen nothing to say that would happen.

Only reason I can see Shiel going early is IF Kelly has given a guarantee that he will stay for a certain price and it's either one or the other.
But that's not how our list strategy has worked in the past so....

I have no doubt approaches are made to players all the time.

Saying he is gone though this year with no evidence or anything to even hint at that is a bit ridiculous though.

He has always re-signed, is contracted to the end of next year and both club and player have ruled it out.

Can things change? Yep. But seen nothing to say that would happen.

Only reason I can see Shiel going early is IF Kelly has given a guarantee that he will stay for a certain price and it's either one or the other.
But that's not how our list strategy has worked in the past so....

Dylan has knocked back good offers from strong clubs like Richmond and Hawthorn two to three years ago, so, you’re correct, he may just stay put, it’s not like GWS are struggling. So a lure of a premiership is there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No probs mate.
Just odd ri say he's definitely leaving when he's contracted and has said he's not leaving this year, and 2020 is a long way off.
We certainly tried for Breust but I think a mutually acceptable deal wasn't there and he dudn't want to, it happens.
I think it's much more likely he stays long term, but if he does leave as a free agent It may not be to Victoria. He's a high profile player and required to do a fair bit of publicity but I dont think he likes it, and the fishbowl of Melbourne may not look good to him.
He's married to Mark William's daughter and she would be an influence. Port could well be a smokey and the club's tight knit protective culture might well suit him.

Is it?

Hahahaha he suits anyone anywhere he goes

Sure he’s a great player, but probably doesn’t make Hawthorn that much better as a team as he isn’t filling a need other than another good player. Surely you agree that team balance is far more important than simply throwing good players together.

At Hawthorn he probably just edges out Howe and Shiels midfield minutes and Clarkon seems to like that defensive accountability there.

A bit like Ablett did for Geelong at the expense of Duncan’s game.

Last edited:
I dunno….A little red kia up against an Audi......I know which one I'd be plumping for.
meh.
have you driven an Audi of late?
they have lost their way for the better part of 2 decades.

The A/S5 was the last decent thing they did.
Since 08, its been nothing but blandness.

Kia may not be anything special, but at least the service won't cost you an arm and will be less frequent :p
Also, i think Kia is being replaced this year.

Plus our jumper is better

We should offer our first pick this year, no more. Good deal for GWS as it would be doing them a favour to relieve their cap issues.
We'll trump that and offer our first this year, and of course like your offer it's completely altruistic on our behalf in helping out the Giants with their salary cap issues.

What cap issue?

Haven't had one for a while.

you are goinh
Can't see why not.....Giants get the number 1 pick with a minimum 8 years service & cap relief into the bargain......Win/Win

Better than settling for pick 15 in the 2019 Draft, that's for sure.
hes not pick 1 worthy

Back