Analysis Effect of female athletes around the Holden Centre? (Serious discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

See my post about gay players.

They're adults. This happens in every workplace. 99% of the time people are matute adults about it.
I dont see that as a serious issue
Which work place has 44 men aged 18-32 having fun all earning over $100,000 with fame that have that much free time?

It's rather amusing that you all think it 'might be good for the male players' to have the women around - setting a good example etc
(Nothing like the influence of a good woman:))

However I think it's a shame that more faith and confidence is not shown in these young men, and their own dedication to being the best

It really shouldn't make any difference but perhaps a bit of friendly rivalry will reap rewards for both groups

I haven't, but clearly that doesn't apply to you given your confession. Not sure how the "most" will appreciate you tarring them with the same brush.

Not overly happy that you project your (obviously low) standards onto our playing group either. Massive assumption and I'd actually prefer to think they're better people than that.
I suppose you think non of them take drugs either..

Just painting a picture. I can only imagine what it would be like as a single male who likes attractive women. Never seen a football player date or marry an unattractive female in recent years.
You single?
Never would have picked that :D

There will be some sort of scandualous story in the next 5 years. You heard it here first.
You could have written that in 1908 and it would still be stating the bleeding obvious..
If there is not some scandalous story in the next 5 year I'd be amazed.

Just painting a picture. I can only imagine what it would be like as a single male who likes attractive women. Never seen a football player date or marry an unattractive female in recent years.
Really TG what's that got to do with it?
They're professional women and men playing football
They're not necessarily all attractive and the men aren't necessarily salivating at the sight of a woman
Many of them are married or engaged or in other relationships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're not necessarily all attractive and the men aren't necessarily salivating at the sight of a woman
But the ones that aren't married or in a relationship are playing the field. Not many of if any of them would've slept with a minimum 100 women.

I'm sure the players girlfriends are rapt with the sudden influx of dozens of athletic people of the female persuasion at the Soon to be ex Australian centre.
As for TG's assertion about young males and their treatment/views of women, he has a valid point.
Especially young males who have spent the best part of the last decade being put on a pedestal for their on field abilities.
To deny this is to bury your head in the proverbial sand.

But the ones that aren't married or in a relationship are playing the field. Not many of if any of them would've slept with a minimum 100 women.

You've got a somewhat unhealthy interest in this TG. The players from both teams are professional. As consenting adults, who cares what they do out of hours or away from the Holden Centre? Its their business.

Society largely places fault and issue at the feet of men and there's a common narrative within society that it's men who need education to ensure they don't mistreat women. For mine it's a two way street and issues between sexes goes both ways.

Putting aside the debate around attraction/objectifying women I think the effect of female athletes within the club can only be positive. Both our netball and women's AFL teams seem very upbeat and full of energy. Such enthusiasm can only be contagious and spread around the club. Also the addition of 2 other professional teams also adds more coaches, leaders and competitive athletes, which again from a training/professional aspect can only be a positive.

Last edited:
.....and having Men and Women working together in the same workplace, my god, what will they think of next?

It's time to take your head out of the sand or come out from under the rock you've been living under if you don't know how majority of 20 to 30 year males behave today.

You don't know me so don't presume.

You're just making ridiculously outlandish and provokative comments about things you have absolutely zero knowledge of.

That you assume the "majority" of 20-30 year olds behave just as you've confessed you have says more about you than 20-30 year old males. Feel free to quote the research that supports your position.

Last edited:
You're just making ridiculously outlandish and provocative comments about things you know absolutely zero knowledge of.
giphy.gif

I suppose you think non of them take drugs either..

Again, don't presume to know what I think. I took drugs in my youth and I'd assume a fairly large proportion would have experimented at some stage. Doesn't make me or any of them some sex crazed loony unable to function as an adult in a mixed gender environment. It's a professional sports club FFS, not a nightclub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back