AFL Autopsy ELIMINATION FINAL: Loss to the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we strung one half decent passage of play together in the second half.

Defenders did as well as they could.

Finals were a huge bonus considering where we were 12 months ago. Doesn't change that we've had a damn good season.

At least we broke a 65 year record in not scoring a goal in a half in finals!

Dogged by the umps, but also didn't help ourselves with costly misses and not adapting to the conditions. Not the way I wanted our season to finish.

But chin up, We all thought we were a bottom 5 side. We've improved massively on last year and found a few important players along the way. Bring on 2022.

Last edited:
Happy to get there. But Cody Weightman can get ****ed

Our path to victory was always, like the last game against the Dogs, going to be reliant on being on the right side of conversation rate and...yeah 4.12. One model's expected score had us in front by 3 goals at HT and while I think that's probably an extra goal than reality, we should have been in front by around 2 goals at half time. We were the better team in the first half. With that buffer, we could have partly withstood that awful 3rd quarter but alas. Durham's dropped mark at the start of the fourth summed it up, and from there, the fourth was a wash.

Some players had bad games and it'd be silly to focus on them (Wright, Waterman) while others like Shiel and McGrath will deservedly get attention. Gleeson was good in the first half, and then gave away 3 goals in the 3rd (2 from the soft free-kicks that could have been over-looked, and one from a turnover).

A tough loss to swallow, given it could have been so different.

Realistically, I suspect we probably won't make the finals next season, but that's not the end of the world. Just have to keep on finding young talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proud of the boys. We didn't even expect to be here at the start of the year and the future looks bright!

Get around them. There's clearly plenty of improving to be had, but we're heading in the right direction.

Please give the trolls nothing. There's such a culture of just trying to piss people off on the main board... Don't fall to their level!

Go Bombers!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Waterman in for Walla was a stupid decision from Truck.

No goals for an entire half. Abysmal.

Forward line needs a major shake up.

Midfield needs another player or two.

We did a few good things but yeah, pretty crap overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back